Do you guys complete your games?

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoRoNimo

Hey, it's my first time posting anything on Giant Bomb! Love the site, just not very vocal about it I guess. 

Anyway, I was on the Raptr forums discussing this topic with a user named VonBaronZ, and I'm surprised at how common it is to have a ton of games unfinished (or even unplayed!) in my collection. I have a whole media shelf next to me right now holding a little over 100 games, and of those, I've only finished BioShock, Call of Duty 4 (no multiplayer at all), Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3, Portal (in The Orange Box), Resident Evil 5, inFamous, Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia: SoT, Persona 4, and a select few others. 

Highlights of yet-to-be-finished include Resident Evil 3, No More Heroes, Fallout 3, A TON of DS and PSP games, Grand Theft Auto 4, God of War 1 & 2, Final Fantasy X, X2, and XII, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Prince of Persia (360), Uncharted, Eternal Darkness, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, MadWorld, Persona 3: FES, Ninja Gaiden II, and all three of the new Tomb Raider games. 

Not to mention a few games that have yet to be PLAYED, like Valkyria Chronicles, Odin Sphere, Banjo Kazooie: N&B, Mass Effect, Zack & Wiki, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Beyond Good & Evil, Punch Out!!, and a few more.

I just like to BURN ALL MY MONEY, I guess. Anyone else on the same boat?

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl

Nah I've got a load of games I haven't touched and I rarely get round to finishing one.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler

Money's tight for me, I've probably finished all but 4-5 games in my life

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any games that I have played that I have not completed.  Like girdz said, I have never had as much money for video games as I would like, so I want to get the most out of my money.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Akeldama

i can honestly say i have finished every game i own.  

The last game i played that i just could not bring myself to finish was Prototype

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

There are a few I haven't completed and probably should (whenever I abandon a game for a few days I find it difficult to get back into it), but I finish most of my games. Off the top of my head the only game I haven't finished that I really would like to is Bioshock.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

There are certainly some games I haven't finished, either because they got too hard or I got bored. Unfortunately, that means that a lot of games that I own have never been completed (Most notably, I own all the 3D Zelda games, but I have only finished Ocarina of Time)

Smersh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smersh

I've found Gamer Points have giving me reason to finish terrible games and totally devour the good ones.  
Before that, if a game sucked I wouldn't bother.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JoRoNimo

Growing up, I didn't get very many games. Twice a year, and only because I was a really good student. Maybe now that I'm making my own money, I spoil myself a bit stupidly by buying games that I don't even play.  

I'm getting better though. I'm avoiding buying games I'm interested in until I've completed a game on my backlog. I'm working on Fallout 3 right now, but I don't know if I even WANT to finish that one. I'm sure it's a great game, I just don't see myself having fun sinking all that time into it.

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kazu666

I have sent games back (i rent most games unless i REALLY want it) without finishing them, but only when they are truly too bad to play (new Golden Axe >.<)

Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Zuul

I agree with Smersh. But I have fallen a little behind (damn that World of Warcraft). I picked up Oblivion last holiday season and got like 3/4ths of the way through it. Now I keep wanting to go back and finish the main storyline off, but I never seem to actually go and do it. 

but besides oblivion and Forza 2 (which i got for free with Marvel UA) I have finished all of my other xbox 360 retail games. 

( I also have to finish Banjo Kazooie 1 and Tooie too)

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance

Right now, I don't currently have a gaming collection that I'd call an actual "collection." But as to if I've finished all of them, no. And some of them I don't plan to ever finish.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Damian

I finish 95% of the games I buy. The ones I don't finish, it usually means they were very bad purchases on my part, as I would never buy a game at full price that I didn't fully intend to finish. I ain't got that kind of expendable cash to toss around on games I just want to try. When I spend $60 I hope to use that disk until it melts to the tray, which, incidentally is the same reason I own a 360 :P

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i try to finish all my games i buy 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By natetodamax

Yes, why not?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Bigandtasty

unless it's incredibly boring I always do because I more free time than money right now.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By tokyochicken

Throughout the summer I've been finishing games a lot more just because I have the time now. Its funny, a lot of games seem to have the biggest barrier of entry. At the same time as an enthusiast I want to keep up with the new releases which results in a full shelf of games unfinished or un-played. 

But yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, I managed to finish 4 games over the span of this month so I'm happy about that atleast.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pweidman

Yeah, I at least finish most games once unless I really can't get into them(and it happens more times than I like!), or it's a game I have purchased to play w/friends exclusively(Tiger Woods games for instance).  And if I really like a game I'll go all out to get all the achievements.  But generally I will at least finish most games even if they aren't so great....CoD WaW is a good example of a game I found to be very average, at least the sp, but I still finished the sp to see the end.  I try to research games though mostly, in order to get the ones I will really get into and go all out to play through multiple times, and get most, if not all the achievements.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not only do I finish all my games, but I blog about it so others may know that I have completed them.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrRedwine

Sadly, I don't complete most of my games.

One interesting question is, when is a game finished?

I mean, with a game like Street Fighter 4, do you finish it when you beat it with one character?  Unlock all characters?  unlock EVERYTHING?   Get all the achievements?

I do feel a bit bad about not finishing more games, but I usually feel that I got as much entertainment as I paid for out of then.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Demyx

I have 0 games that I have never played. I have never bought so many games that some went unplayed. Thats just unheard of.

But I have a ton of games that I have not beaten yet. I just don't have the time to devote unless I really loved it.

Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Progman9000

Man, this topic is making me feel bad for all the games I haven't beaten.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Hamst3r

I plan on finishing every game I own. I've finished around 200 games so far. I know because I've kept record.

Still, I have around 140 unplayed games in my back catalog and I continue to buy more. Often the games I buy are several years old though, so they're only a few dollars.

I'll get through them all eventually. I like having all the choices available anyways.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By JJOR64

You haven't played Viewtiful Joe yet?  Shame on you.

manurok1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By manurok1

I try to finish any game I have and tend to do so. Even with some games I didn't like I have still battled on to finish, for instance Mirror's Edge, which I didn't, enjoy took me several sittings on the last chapter to finish because I was bored by it.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By animateria

Most of them yes.

I do leave some unfinished for years, only to finish them afterwards.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tokyochicken
@MrRedwine said:
" Sadly, I don't complete most of my games.  One interesting question is, when is a game finished?  I mean, with a game like Street Fighter 4, do you finish it when you beat it with one character?  Unlock all characters?  unlock EVERYTHING?   Get all the achievements?  I do feel a bit bad about not finishing more games, but I usually feel that I got as much entertainment as I paid for out of then. "
I guess that's really more of a subjective matter, just decide what "Finished" is for you. For me, I've finished a game when the story is done with, that's about it.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By flaminghobo

I do try to complete as many games as I can, in some cases I'll get stuck at a certain point and loose interest or another title will drag me away from that current game and then it'll just lie on the shelf.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tmthomsen
Weesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Weesh

I usually finish nearly all of the games I play, Just put my head down and finish it but with some if it's genuinely that bad or i'm not enjoying it in the slightest I won't play it anymore.

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Rarely finish games. Roughly one third. Either the story fails to grab me or the gameplay loses its charm before I get to the end. Sometimes I'll reach a point where the game just starts to piss me off, I play games to have fun, not to get frustrated, so I just stop. Talking about you Far Cry 2 and Alone in the Dark, you pieces of shit. A miracle I stomached that shitty ass frozen lake part of Gears of War 2.

Basically, if I cease to enjoy playing a game for whatever reason I'll stop playing it.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Radar

I finish every game I get. Unless it's a 100hour PS2 game that I got for 10 bucks. Games are far too expensive for me to just pick it up a couple times and never look at it again.

StarFry64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StarFry64

Half of my video game collection I finished or have not. The games I rent at Blockbuster I complete as much as possible- I bought Saints Row and never finished it but I rented Saints Row 2 and I finished that (I guess I thought the sequel was more enjoyable).

I'd say a game is finished when you get up to finishing its single-player campaign. Games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl is tricky to qualify though.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34  Edited By Cerza

I do have games that I am yet to play, but I am whittling that stack down a little every week. I also have a big stack of games I haven't beaten and probably never will, because I just don't like them for whatever reason. I also have an even bigger stack of games I have beaten, because I do try to beat everything I play unless there is a game mechanic that really gets on my nerves. 

As far as completing games goes... no I don't do that any more unless it's a really special game to me. The reason is that I used to try and complete every game I got, but got burned out on it and games in general back during the N64 years. Thank you Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Shadows of the Empire, Wave Race 64, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye, and Zelda OoT with your damn golden spiders. Actually, I think it was the golden skulltula hunt in OoT of that finally did, but I managed to get them all. Oh yes I did. I got them all without a guide and it took me over a year, but I did it. Whose laughing now little spiders? Whose laughing now? Hehehehehehahahahahahaha!

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GeekDown

I always finish my games, except for The Godfather...that game is just too damn frustrating.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#37  Edited By vager

I've beaten all my games except for Perfect Dark Zero.  
My first game for the 360 also. lol
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By penguindust

When I finish a game an angel gets its wings...there are a lot of angels in heaven taking the bus.

chigaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By chigaco
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Azteck

I have finished every single game I own, except for Gears of War 1, which I stopped playing 'cause I didn't find it that entertaining.

I can't spend massive amounts of games I'll never play, even though I wish I had that kind of luxury.

This only counts for the 360 by the way, I have a few unfinished games on the old xbox.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't have that much money so I can't buy all the games I want to, therefore I end up having the same games for a while.  Because of that I can focus on completing those games, but I still have several that I have not finished.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By Tordah

I have plenty of unfinished and unplayed games that I've bought cheap online. I know I should probably stop buying stuff for awhile and actually finish some of the ones I already own but getting stuff in the mail is just too much fun. >_>

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Metroid545

I have to or i will always be thinking about it constantly, unless of course i hated it

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By clubsandwich
@CitizenKane said:
" Off the top of my head, I can't think of any games that I have played that I have not completed.  Like girdz said, I have never had as much money for video games as I would like, so I want to get the most out of my money. "
same here.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have completed the majority of my games, but I still have a few titles like Red Faction: Guerilla and Resident Evil 5 that are unfinished. 

Still, for the most part, I complete almost all of my games. I think you should improve your thread title for next time too. I thought it was pretty stupid reading it for the first time.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By trophyhunter

I beat every game I buy In the last month I've beaten 
the wheelman
x-blades
bionic commando 
flower and trash panic

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Osaladin

The only games I haven't completed are JRPGs and that's because I just didn't like them. But generally, if I buy a game, I complete it.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By fugie7

yeah i complete my games then after that i usually move on. i just dont feel right if i dont finish up a game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LiquidPrince

I finish most of my games. I always go back and finish them though.

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lebkin

The only games I own but have not completed are games that I am currently playing.  Every once in a while, I will borrow a game and not complete it, but those are the exceptions.  This is probably because I buy relatively few games, which means that my collection is of a higher average quality than normal.