#1  Edited By MC_Hify

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MC_Hify

With flight sticks being talked about so much on Giant Bomb recently I thought I'd see where other community members were at. I recently picked up this one. I want to use it in BF3 but I haven't really gotten into that game yet despite the fact I picked it up months ago. I'm also interested in the new space sims Sol and Evochron but I haven't played those yet either. To put things in perspective my previous flight stick wasn't even USB and I think the last game I played with one was Privateer 2: The Darkening.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By B0nd07

It's not currently plugged in, but I have a Logitech Attack 3. I got it several years ago to play IL-2: Sturmovik with a friend. I don't think I've used it for anything else.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Hell yeah I do, a cheap Logitech attack 3. It's kinda lame, but it does the job. The thing is, I use it more than any other PC accessory I have, short of a gamepad, so I'm tempted to grab the HOTAS set Vinny bought. In rip-off store prices it's like 150$ though, and amazon won't ship the item to Canada.

troidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By troidy

Yeah, I bought the Saitek X-52 has a few years ago for $100 or so, been using it on and off. I regretted the purchase pretty quickly, but I guess as long as it still works I have something when I get that itch. When I do actually use it, its a great stick, though the X-Axis has intermittent failure problems that are generally fixed by a solid whack.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bybeach
@troidy said:

Yeah, I bought the Saitek X-52 has a few years ago for $100 or so, been using it on and off. I regretted the purchase pretty quickly, but I guess as long as it still works I have something when I get that itch. When I do actually use it, its a great stick, though the X-Axis has intermittent failure problems that are generally fixed by a solid whack.

You had me sold till....well maybe you still have me sold!      :)
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Driadon

I bought a Saitek X-52 as well back in 07 as well. Got lucky, was open box at a retail store I worked at at the time, so it cost me around $50, and still works great now. I can't imagine playing my space and mech sims without it.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dtat

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had some games to play with it. Is MechWarrior Online an MMO? I don't really understand what it is.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9  Edited By Dimsey

I don't have one, but I admit all the recent discussion about them has had me kinda looking into them.

Should at least get a cheap one, I'd like to give that MechWarrior 4 game a whirl - seemed pretty cool.

Also think I have X2 and some other stuff I bought on a whim but never really played that could be better with a stick.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deathfury

I use a Thrustmaster T-16000M and love it. I play IL-2 Sturmovik with it and it works great. A few parts can be switched around for left-handed fliers too, which is a pretty cool feature in my book.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JoeyRavn

I have a flight stick on my PC, if you know what I mean.

But, otherwise, nope.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mmmslash

Another Saitek X-52 user here. I also picked it up for IL-2. It's pretty rad, and worth the $80 USD I paid for it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

This poll is really almost even?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake

I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder-lookalike from GAME a last year. It's pretty standard but it's reliable, well-built and pretty sufficient for the amount of sim gaming I do.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By predator

I also own a Logitech Attack 3.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fajita_Jim

I'm still using the original Microsoft Force Feedback Pro. It's a wonderful stick. I've had it for 12 years and it still works just as well as it did the day I bought it.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spoonman671

I recently bought Logitech's Extreme 3D Pro to play Evochron Mercenary with.

@Fajita_Jim said:

I'm still using the original Microsoft Force Feedback Pro. It's a wonderful stick. I've had it for 12 years and it still works just as well as it did the day I bought it.

I had that one for years, but I couldn't find it in my parent's basement so I just bought a new one.  I remember really liking it.
mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mmzOne

I have three.

• CH Flightstick pro ( game port )
  • MS Sidewinder Force feedback Pro ( game port )
  • Saitek X45

All of them work, but since game port ceased to exist while ago two of them are pretty much useless. Although I think that I still have somewhere a working soundblaster with a game port on it.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By nintendoeats

I accidently clicked no, but I have a Saitek thing. I think it's called a cyborg, but I don't remember. I got it for 4 bucks.

On a side note, HAWX is kind of shitty with a joystick.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Giantstalker

I got an Attack 3 for Battlefield 2 back in the day, still works great for BF3

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jmfinamore

I had one as a kid that I used to play Descent with. I did have another flight game, but I never could get it to work (not understanding PC requirements as a kid sucked).

Ever since then I've wanted another one, though, and all this talk on GB has got me looking at getting a cheap one. I was having trouble finding any games I would actually want to use it with though, does anyone have any recommendations for good, newer flight/space/mech games that are worthwhile (not too into the idea of the super hardcore learning tool sim games, though)?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eroticfishcake

@HarlequinRiot: Microsoft FLIGHT was released recently. It's free (since it's actually quite small and uses a micro-transaction model) but it's still rather enjoyable. Unlike the previous titles it's also really accessible.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By topsteer

I have this http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/joysticks/devices/291 that I bought a couple of years ago. I would like to own a better one but I doubt I would use it enough to justify it.

@HarlequinRiot: I would also recommend Microsoft FLIGHT. I have hardly any experience with flight sims and it was pretty easy to get into and is pretty fun.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox

No, but I was eyeing the non-hotas version of the Trustmaster T-Flight for BF3 about a month ago (also works on PS3 it seems, but why). Does anybody have this one? All this recent flightstick content has me wanting to scratch that itch pretty hard. I'm pretty convinced I'm going to get one, but I gotta find the right one first. Preferably paying less than $60 USD.

That Saitek X-52 looks amazing though, and Vinny got a great deal according to Google. But I still think hotas style is still too much of a space taker. I'm not even sure I have enough room to keep the monitor unoccluded with just a regular stick and keep my mouse, keyboard, and G13 gameboard on the desk. I might have to put a phonebook under the screen stand again, even though it's at the perfect height now.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Dagbiker

No, but I have a game pad

Sliced_Bread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Sliced_Bread

I'm in it deep. I wore out my X52 a few years ago and am now rolling with a CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Peddles, and Track IR.

Sonti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sonti

I had to select no even though I have a flight stick at my parents house in another country. But I don't have it now so I guess it's a no.

I also have a steering wheel but again like most of my stuff they were left behind when I moved.

On my PC right here I have 2 360 gamepads.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Another pilot reporting for duty sir! My tools of destructions are CH Combatstick & Pro throttle.

@HarlequinRiot: You should check out Freespace 2 and get SCPmod for it. I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. If you're looking for a good mech game Mechwarrior 4: Mercenariesis free and it's pretty great.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jimbo

I have a flight stick but I haven't used it in years. It takes AA batteries which is way too much hassle to bother with.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By MysteriousBob

Seeing how I don't own a single game that involves flying, no.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The only games I fly in are the Battlefield games, and they're much better with mouse and keyboard. The most skilled and legendary pilots of this franchise use M+KB, to my and your surprise!

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Flight Stick and Racing Wheel, I hardly use either.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By p00rdevil

Yea I have had some kind of joystick since my first PC. I would suggest the Thrustmaster T 16000M deathfury mentioned as a good entry level stick. It is around $50, very accurate, and very easy to set up and install being plug and play. Also, it is ambidextrous, which is important if you are left handed. Only down side is it is not force feedback.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. Great stick but MS quit making them, so if you want one you have to buy used. I use it for Rise of Flight which I have been playing on and off since it released.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deanoxd

I still have my Logitech Wingman force and Formula force gear, but they are no longer hooked up because Logitech doesn't support them anymore. But they were the best stick/wheel controllers i have ever used.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrKlorox

After a night of research and futzing with PPJoy, I decided to go with the Thrustmaster T16000m stick. It ended up coming down to the TARGET software being able to set a custom curve for analog axes. Only cost me $43 on Amazon, so that's not too bad. Only thing is it'll take like three weeks to ship which I didn't notice until after I submitted my order. Oh well.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lockwoodx

I had one back when games were worth having a flight stick for.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BonOrbitz

I have the Attack 3 as well for when I used to play Star Wars games that featured flight in some areas and for Dark Star One from gog.com. It's perfect for those games.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not as of yet, but I'm dangerously close to buying one.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually got the Sidewinder 3D again and did the USB teensy board mod..so fucking good. ( i like teh Descent)

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sparks50

I have a Logitech's Extreme 3D Pro and TrackIR, most recently used to play Takeondubstephelicopter.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. Zero desire to ever play the kind of game that uses one out side of some space sims, but those I prefer KBM.

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Brother_PipPop
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By fattony12000

I need to buy a cheapy one to play ArmA II, Rise of Flight, DCS: A-10C Warthog, Evochron Mercenary, BF3, IL-2 and all that jazz. I was looking at this one, anyone had experience with it?

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick (PC/PS3)

£33.99 brand new from Amazon.co.uk

No Caption Provided
Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#44  Edited By Draugen

Of course I do. Can't be a snooty PC supremacist without one. I love my X-52.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By butano

I do not, but I've been thinking of getting the X-52. Might get one of the cheaper Logitech ones before I start getting into a really bad habit :S

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShaggE

Kinda want one for Freespace 2, but if I'm going to go down that road, I want to go balls-out, and I don't have balls-out money. Same thing with a racing wheel.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Joker369

Saitek Cyborg Evo. Not bad but after seeing what Vinny got, I want to get that X-52.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By selbie

@Joker369 said:

Saitek Cyborg Evo. Not bad but after seeing what Vinny got, I want to get that X-52.

Same model for me too.

I feel so inadequate now. My gaming life will never be the same again. Surely there is a product out there that will enhance my gaming experience! I want longer lasting gaming! D:

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Chemin

I had, years ago. I have no idea where it is nowadays though.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I came a hair's breadth to purchasing a Logitech Attack 3. Then I realized I would own a joystick at that point.