• 54 results
Posted by BisonHero (5662 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Do you have an iPad? (212 votes)

Yes 39%
No 60%

With all these iOS Quick Looks, many of them for games like Hundreds and The Room, where the staff pretty much comes out and says "don't bother with this game if your iOS device is anything smaller than an iPad", it got me to wondering how much of the audience they actually serving by showing off these games.

So how many of you have an iPad, either yours, your girlfriend's, or your family's, that you can easily buy and play games on?

#51 Posted by RedCricketChase (439 posts) -

@redcricketchase said:

I was hoping to get one for my little bro to use, since his doc indicated it'd help him communicate, but then I lost my job. Ha.

Aw, that's a bummer. My parents thought about getting one for my brother for the same reason, but never did. At this point, that's probably saving us money, because we've tried stuff like it before (touch/pointing-based communication tools) years ago, and unfortunately none of them helped him very much.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I was worried about dropping 500 bones for one, but if it'd help him, it would've been worth it long-term.

#52 Edited by Poppy_Persona (149 posts) -

If i was richer i would but I'm quite satisfied with my ipod touch and laptop.

#53 Posted by BisonHero (5662 posts) -

@redcricketchase said:

@bisonhero said:

@redcricketchase said:

I was hoping to get one for my little bro to use, since his doc indicated it'd help him communicate, but then I lost my job. Ha.

Aw, that's a bummer. My parents thought about getting one for my brother for the same reason, but never did. At this point, that's probably saving us money, because we've tried stuff like it before (touch/pointing-based communication tools) years ago, and unfortunately none of them helped him very much.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I was worried about dropping 500 bones for one, but if it'd help him, it would've been worth it long-term.

Yeah, it's a big investment, but I guess you could always just have the family use it if it doesn't help him. Before you go spending any money, if there's a children's hospital near you that has some iPads for your brother to try out or something, maybe go for that.

#54 Edited by wemibelec90 (1280 posts) -

I just bought my first tablet a few months ago and went with a Nexus 7 after some deliberation. I had already owned an iPod and had some stuff there but wanted out of their stupid closed system. I don't regret the choice at all. It may take games a bit to come out, but the freedom is worth it.

#55 Posted by rentacop (107 posts) -

Since I'll possibly never buy an iPad, I actually find any segments on games like these interesting. Youtube can fill in the rest if I really need to see a lot of the game.