• 62 results
#1 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

(For Americans)

I mostly ask this because I want a damn white PS4. Why? Because I own a white Vita. So it would only make sense if my Vita and PS4 are the same color. It annoys me to no end when i have my Vita next to my PS3 and the colors are complete opposites. Now you're probably saying it's my fault for buying a white Vita, but it's not! I got my Vita on Black Friday. You guys know what bundle I'm talking about. So yeah, I just hope Sony launces different color PS4's. Just launching black consoles AGAIN is boring. People want choices!

Also, I put "For Americans" because Europe and Japan got red, blue, white, etc. PS3's and we only had black until the last year or so.

And to that one guy who's going to comment "Racist!", shut up.

#2 Edited by McShank (1629 posts) -

I hope they give options. I would LOVE a green & or blue system to match my PC since everything in the case flashes enough to give anyone a seizure. Black is cool and all and it matches.. well everything I have seems to be black besides my ds and 3ds.. ps3, psp1000, 360, tv, surroundsound, pc case (outer), Laptop, My car, my phone.. i would love to have some choices in colors..

#3 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I dont give a shit about the color of my console.

I also don't understand those jackasses who put those LED lights and cords in their PC's with the clear cases. It's distracting, gaudy and gross looking.

#4 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

@mcshank: You need some color in your life.

@clonedzero: I never gave a shit until I got my Vita. A black PS4 and white Vita will throw me off.

#5 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

What have you got against black consoles? Racist.

#6 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

I'd get a white PS4 if it's available in that color. Wouldn't mind it if black is the only color option though. I wouldn't want any other color though.

#7 Edited by 49th (2785 posts) -

No I want a black one only I'm also European.

#8 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

No, but I hope it launches in different colours. I actually just like my consoles black as it matches my tv. I only like different coloured handhelds.

#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

@49th: You're also selfish. (I'm kidding. Sorta.)

What you hate black consoles? Racist.

Because they always rob me.

#10 Edited by altairre (1215 posts) -

No because I don't give a shit how that thing looks. If I can play good games on it, it could be purple with tiny little elephants on it and I'd still buy it.

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

Some of you guys are just selfish. Pure selfish!

#12 Posted by Harabec (83 posts) -

You can have any color you want, so long as it is black.

#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

@harabec said:

You can have any color you want, so long as it is black.

This oddly fits. Darth Vader wanted a red suit.

#14 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

It will likely work out the same way as it does (almost) every time. The E3 unveiling will show multiple colors (just like with the Wii and PS3). Then at launch you will only be able to get black. Then after sales start to taper off in a few years, you will start to get (limited edition) colors to boost sales.

#15 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

Only colours I would want are throw-backs to the PS2(black with blue highlights) or PS(grey) but other than that, no, I'm happy with solid black.

#16 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Black fits so much better with the rest of the stuff. Black 360, black PS2 and PS3, black Gamecube, black N64, black stereo, black tv.

#17 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11308 posts) -

I hope it's like the Model T. Any color you want. So long as it's black.

Edit: Dammit! Someone beat me to it!

#18 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5746 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Black and White fit the Sony Aesthetic, I'd assume black mainline though, but there might eventually be a miniaturized white version like the "PSOne"

#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

kind of hope that there are other colors.

#20 Posted by DorkPheasant (13 posts) -

i hope it only launches in white and black, no need for any other colors.

#21 Posted by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Black and White fit the Sony Aesthetic, I'd assume black mainline though, but there might eventually be a miniaturized white version like the "PSOne"

Yeah, that's most likely what will happen. But I just hope they at least release a white one. My Vita is so out of place.

@zeforgotten: I guess I'm one of the few without black everything. My Gamecube was silver, had the fat black PS2 and the slim silver one, black PS3, white Vita, white phone, white/gray t.v., clear blue Nintendo 64, gray PS1, cobalt Gameboy Advanced SP, etc. etc. If my Vita was black though, I would get a black PS4. But it isn't!

#22 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

I don't give a shit for colours on my consoles anymore. As long as they don't use those damn bright blue LEDs then I'm good.

#23 Posted by BaneFireLord (2952 posts) -

Don't care. Color is the last thing I care about when buying devices.

#24 Posted by Strife777 (1605 posts) -

Don't care. Give me black or white, mayyyybe gray if it's the right kind of gray.

#25 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Yeah I dunno, it's the box I throw under the TV for 5 years at a time, I don't really care what color it is, as long as it stacks well with other devices and like someone said, doesn't have annoying LEDs. Seriously, I'm tired of all my electronics fucking glowing in the dark, a man's gotta get some sleep. I feel like a crazy person for putting shoes and books and other objects in front of my electronics when I go to bed.

#26 Posted by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -

I want it in black because that's the color of literally every other electronic device I have.

#27 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

It's not a massive deal, but sure. I'd actually like to get one of the God of War Ascension red PS3s to match my Gears 3 red 360.

#28 Edited by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

You're not going to get multiple colors in the beginning. Demand should theoretically exceed supply at launch, and splitting hairs over colors only slows down production (even if only marginally). And since the majority will want black, when it sells out first, people will be unhappy when they get the other color.

Colors are best saved for a refresh, and when not every system put out on the market is instantly bought.

Also, all my electronics are black, so I'm good.

#29 Posted by Inkerman (1452 posts) -

I think I'd to have the option for other colours, but I still think I'd choose black still.

#30 Edited by TyCobb (1973 posts) -

I dont give a shit about the color of my console.

I also don't understand those jackasses who put those LED lights and cords in their PC's with the clear cases. It's distracting, gaudy and gross looking.

Same exact thought. Had no problem with GC being purple, PS2 being flat black, Wii being white, and so on.

I also hate when computer cases glow. I do whatever I can to hide or disable the shitty neon colors that cases and fans love to have. I only want 3 lights on my computer: Power, Hard Drive Activity, and NIC Activity.

#31 Posted by Slag (4615 posts) -

as long it's the right price, has good features and the games I want, the PS4 could be Puke green for all I care.

#32 Edited by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

black is enough

#33 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2259 posts) -

I'm more partial to the color black since most of my equipment on the entertainment unit are black but sure it would be nice to have optional colors.

#34 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

PS4 needs to do something like this:

#35 Posted by Spence_5060 (326 posts) -

Actually I kind of do. I would never buy anything but black, but I would love to see a new trend in Video Games with all systems and handhelds having multiple color varieties. Would be so funny.

#36 Edited by McLargepants (392 posts) -

What I care about is having it have the LEDs like they are on the slim. Small, and not distracting at all. The original's LEDs are way too bright and distracting in a dark room. The Wii U has obnoxious LEDs as well! If we must have some kind of indicator lights, then please make them as innocuous as possible.

It could be bright ugly pink for all I care as long as the LEDs aren't annoying.

#37 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I would love a maple or mahogany case option. Probably not going to be able to do that off the shelf though.

#38 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2497 posts) -

Honestly the only time I've cared about how my system looks is with handhelds. And I guess the Wii because I ended up with the red one. Giggity.

#39 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I think I might just buy a gaudy aftermarket case for whichever console I get. Or a really ugly full-body decal for it.

#40 Edited by EvyiStone (2 posts) -

We don't need a White PS4, I'm not racist or anything but Black is all you need. Everything I own is black: my TV is black, my Computer is black, my Vita is black, my DVR is black, my Girlfriend is black, even my Guacamole is black. (I might wanna check that out)

#41 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Just paint your Vita black. Problem solved. If you want a different colored PS4 so badly, just import it.

#42 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

No, I'm fine with black with blue line.

#43 Posted by Ezekiel (485 posts) -

All electronics should be black.

#44 Posted by swam (15 posts) -
#45 Posted by swam (15 posts) -

I would much prefer electronics to have a matt finish, anything shiny which needs constant wiping to remove fingerprints is a nightmare. At least the PS4 can be left alone and doesn't need to be touched a lot.

I assume 'shiny' things sell more, so that's why the bezels on large screens are always glossy as hell.

#46 Posted by Grillbar (1872 posts) -

i dont hope but i would not mind

#47 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

@swam said:

I assume 'shiny' things sell more, so that's why the bezels on large screens are always glossy as hell.

Yeah, you know how people like SHINY.

#48 Edited by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -
#49 Posted by HellknightLeon (467 posts) -

You can have it in any color.... so long as its BLACK.

They are not going to... (boo hoo)

#50 Edited by awesomeusername (4219 posts) -

You can have it in any color.... so long as its BLACK.

This was said already. Post #12. You are 5 months to late. 2 L8