Do you know any of the top gamers on leaderboards?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Call it curiosity, but we always see the names and we can never really put a face with it.

My parents live across the street from cadillac_dro, the #1 rated player of Lost Planet/LP: Colonies in the nation...and I think he's #6 in the world.  Haven't checked the leaderboards in a while.

His real name is Guillermo.  He's from Puerto Rico.  He actually does drive a Cadillac.  He has two pitbulls:  Scarface and Bella.  He has killer 'dro.  I don't toke anymore...but I've been to his place, and I can tell it's killer.

Anyone else know someone who tops into the 10 best at a game in the world?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'll use this thread to brag and tell you all I was regularly in the top 3 rankings of Burnout 3: Takedown. I don't know if that was world, Europe, England or whatever, but still. I was a badass on that game.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ColMustard
jakob187 said:
"Call it curiosity, but we always see the names and we can never really put a face with it.
My parents live across the street from cadillac_dro, the #1 rated player of Lost Planet/LP: Colonies in the nation...and I think he's #6 in the world.  Haven't checked the leaderboards in a while.

His real name is Guillermo.  He's from Puerto Rico.  He actually does drive a Cadillac.  He has two pitbulls:  Scarface and Bella.  He has killer 'dro.  I don't toke anymore...but I've been to his place, and I can tell it's killer.

"
is he a good tounge kisser....?
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

I think I was #15 worlwide for SmashTV, but that's nothing special.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Origina1Penguin

In person, no.  I did some gaming a few years back with someone who ranked second or third in a world competition for RTCW with a Sten though.  I was in his Wolf: ET clan for a while.  That's about as close to a major player as I've gotten.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
ColMustard said:
"jakob187 said:
"Call it curiosity, but we always see the names and we can never really put a face with it.

"
is he a good tounge kisser....?"
Don't know, but his girl is.  = D
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By whackmypinata

Good idea for a thread.
I got up to score 500 in the Bigs Home Run Pinball. That's not that good.
Leaderboards end up depressing me :P

My friend is like #88 on Rock Band drums for a song, I forgot what it is though.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

jakob187 said:

"ColMustard said:
"jakob187 said:

"
is he a good tounge kisser....?"
Don't know, but his girl is.  = D"

aw dayum!!!!!11!1

And no, I do not know any highly ranked gamers. But I did kick some serious ass in Call of Duty 2. Man, I was un-fucking-stoppable!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush

I don't know anyone on top of the leaderboards...can't say that I would that proud of knowing one.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

One of my mates cousins is/was top of some leaderboard, but I can't remember what game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

I know the dude that is like #2 or #3 for Team Fortress 2 PC, a game I don't even play.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lamegame621
Ranked #1382 of 23,506 on GiantBomb.com!!! wOOt!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
Kush said:
"I don't know anyone on top of the leaderboards...can't say that I would that proud of knowing one."
Not really about pride or anything.  It's just one of those weird things.  Like, we never really talked to Guillermo or anything for a long time, and then one day we were just outside talking about video games and he came over and started chatting with us.  Then we ended up finding out he was fucking amazing at Lost Planet.  lol
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb
jakob187 said:
"Kush said:
"I don't know anyone on top of the leaderboards...can't say that I would that proud of knowing one."
Not really about pride or anything.  It's just one of those weird things.  Like, we never really talked to Guillermo or anything for a long time, and then one day we were just outside talking about video games and he came over and started chatting with us.  Then we ended up finding out he was fucking amazing at Lost Planet.  lol"

I don't think there is anything wrong with being amazing at a video game, people should take pride in anything they are good at, and there is certainly no reason to be ashamed for the association with him.  But I'm not really awed that he is great at Lost Planet, of all games. Now, if he was ranked in Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 that would be something more noteworthy. But it's cool nonetheless.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"Kush said:
Not really about pride or anything.  It's just one of those weird things.  Like, we never really talked to Guillermo or anything for a long time, and then one day we were just outside talking about video games and he came over and started chatting with us.  Then we ended up finding out he was fucking amazing at Lost Planet.  lol"

I don't think there is anything wrong with being amazing at a video game, people should take pride in anything they are good at, and there is certainly no reason to be ashamed for the association with him.  But I'm not really awed that he is great at Lost Planet, of all games. Now, if he was ranked in Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 that would be something more noteworthy. But it's cool nonetheless."
Dood, you ever PLAYED Lost Planet multiplayer?  Halo and Call of Duty are pansy games on multiplayer compared to Lost Planet.  That shit is tough as fuck!!!  And the game was popular enough that Colonies was released to keep the multiplayer crowd happy...and while that may not be a sequel at all, it's Capcom saying "hey, fans, we love you guys, here's the hookup"...which to me, that says a lot about the longevity of things.
I mean, I understand what Kush is saying.  "ZOMG YOU KNOW SOMEONE ON LEADERBOARDS WHOOP TEE".  However, it's just something that's a little oddity in peoples' lives that I figure I'd pop up in the forums.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"Kush said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with being amazing at a video game, people should take pride in anything they are good at, and there is certainly no reason to be ashamed for the association with him.  But I'm not really awed that he is great at Lost Planet, of all games. Now, if he was ranked in Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 that would be something more noteworthy. But it's cool nonetheless."
Dood, you ever PLAYED Lost Planet multiplayer?  Halo and Call of Duty are pansy games on multiplayer compared to Lost Planet.  That shit is tough as fuck!!!  And the game was popular enough that Colonies was released to keep the multiplayer crowd happy...and while that may not be a sequel at all, it's Capcom saying "hey, fans, we love you guys, here's the hookup"...which to me, that says a lot about the longevity of things.
I mean, I understand what Kush is saying.  "ZOMG YOU KNOW SOMEONE ON LEADERBOARDS WHOOP TEE".  However, it's just something that's a little oddity in peoples' lives that I figure I'd pop up in the forums.
"

I'm saying that it is a very obscure game.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Black_Rose

Didn't LP sell more than a million?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
Black_Rose said:
"Didn't LP sell more than a million?"
Yep, and Colonies was a hotcake as well.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush

Just because a game is obscure doesn't mean that being #1 at it is less impressive than being #1 at a popular game...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snail

Not that I know off no. You're getting a bit off topic guys.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
Kush said:
"Just because a game is obscure doesn't mean that being #1 at it is less impressive than being #1 at a popular game..."
Yeah, I mean, I don't wanna brag or anything, but I used to be one of the top 15 SSX3 players in the nation.  =  /  Granted, it's not "leaderboards", but it's not like SSX3 was a hugely popular competition-based game.  Still, I'm proud of the fact that I ghost muthafuckers like it ain't no thang on that game.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22  Edited By OGCartman
jakob187 said:
Dood, you ever PLAYED Lost Planet multiplayer?  Halo and Call of Duty are pansy games on multiplayer compared to Lost Planet.  That shit is tough as fuck!!!
This is very true.
Its multiplayer is sick, in a good way.

But hmm, i dont have any good RL friends that are on the leaderboards off the top of my head, but i do quite a few casual/XBL mates who were.

I havent checked global rank in about a year in a half, i dont try to focus on rank because il get all obsessed and look at my score every 2 seconds. I had to literally take the tab key off so id stop checking every second, i think its safe to say i kicked the habbit though :)
AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By AkumaX

A guy on my FL holds a couple of records for Mirror's Edge speed runs and was the third person in the world to 1000/1000 that game.

A guy off the other forum I go to was the first to get Seriously 2.0...

More probably, but I can't remember.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb
Kush said:
"Just because a game is obscure doesn't mean that being #1 at it is less impressive than being #1 at a popular game..."

I played the multiplayer in the demo and didn't find it to be anything special, thus I would find it more impressive to be #1 in a game that I think is more engaging, a la Call of Duty 4. I'm not saying it isn't impressive as is, I'm just...

Wait, why am I defending this? You said you wouldn't even want to know someone who was in such a position. Don't argue with me for the sake of it!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

I played the multiplayer in the demo and didn't find it to be anything special, thus I would find it more impressive to be #1 in a more popular game. I'm not saying it isn't impressive as is, I'm just...

Wait, why am I defending this? You said you wouldn't even want to know someone who was in such a position. Don't argue with me for the sake of it!"
Just suffice it to say...
Lost Planet : consoles
Counter-Strike Source : PC
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

I played the multiplayer in the demo and didn't find it to be anything special, thus I would find it more impressive to be #1 in a more popular game. I'm not saying it isn't impressive as is, I'm just...

Wait, why am I defending this? You said you wouldn't even want to know someone who was in such a position. Don't argue with me for the sake of it!"
Just suffice it to say...
Lost Planet : consoles
Counter-Strike Source : PC
"

What? Are you saying that Lost Planet is to consoles as Counter-Strike Source is to PC? Are you serious?
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I have a dude on my friendslist that is like 6th in the world for gamerscore.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kush
BiggerBomb said:
"I played the multiplayer in the demo and didn't find it to be anything special, thus I would find it more impressive to be #1 in a game that I think is more engaging, a la Call of Duty 4. I'm not saying it isn't impressive as is, I'm just...

I can argue for whatever reason I like...and I have played both LP and COD4 and LP is a challenging game to master. COD4 can be challenging, but there are easy ways to exploit it too (just like most games). Also, judging a game's MP depth etc through a demo is kind of stupid.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"I played the multiplayer in the demo and didn't find it to be anything special, thus I would find it more impressive to be #1 in a game that I think is more engaging, a la Call of Duty 4. I'm not saying it isn't impressive as is, I'm just...

I can argue for whatever reason I like...and I have played both LP and COD4 and LP is a challenging game to master. COD4 can be challenging, but there are easy ways to exploit it too (just like most games). Also, judging a game's MP depth etc through a demo is kind of stupid."

Kush, this is one of many currently running threads that you are flaming me in. Relax. I'm not saying it isn't challenging, I am saying it would impress ME (i.e., opinion) more if it was Call of Duty 4. I then proceeded to say that it is impressive nonetheless. But that you probably didn't see, what with those horseblinders on.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
BiggerBomb said:
"What? Are you saying that Lost Planet is to consoles as Counter-Strike Source is to PC? Are you serious?"
In terms of how super-crazy-bonkers the players are for each of them and the quality of the multiplayer experience being able to last for-fucking-ever?  Yep.  Plus, both of them take some serious knowledge of how to micro-manage shit.
In terms of speed...no way.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BiggerBomb
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"What? Are you saying that Lost Planet is to consoles as Counter-Strike Source is to PC? Are you serious?"
In terms of how super-crazy-bonkers the players are for each of them and the quality of the multiplayer experience being able to last for-fucking-ever?  Yep.  Plus, both of them take some serious knowledge of how to micro-manage shit.
In terms of speed...no way.
"

If you were to conduct a survey, I don't think Lost Planet would be very high up on the list of games people feel best represent console-based online multiplayer. But to each, his own.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kush
BiggerBomb said:
"Kush, this is one of many currently running threads that you are flaming me in. Relax. I'm not saying it isn't challenging, I am saying it would impress ME (i.e., opinion) more if it was Call of Duty 4. I then proceeded to say that it is impressive nonetheless. But that you probably didn't see, what with those horseblinders on."
So you immediately call an argument between me and you "me flaming you"...Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm flaming you at all. You're the one who resorts to your little "comments". I know that you're saying that it's more impressive to see someone hit #1 in COD4 over LP, but I think they are equally impressive in their own ways. I think that there are a lot of obscure games out there that are more challenging than most mainstream games as well...
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiggerBomb

You are arguing against my opinion, so yes I do see that as flaming. How else should I describe it?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kush

You take everything so damn personally ...always acting like I have it out against you. I'm done with this thread, it just seems to be consistently breaking into OT.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb

What a dick.