#1 Posted by Nude_Dude (1088 posts) -

Here's some of his vids:

  


  


  


  


  



And a random top 10 of 2007:

  




so........................
#2 Posted by Coltonio7 (3214 posts) -

I like his short-films better.

#3 Posted by DualReaver (3792 posts) -

Hmm, I was expecting something about AVG anti-virus crap.

#4 Posted by suneku (3005 posts) -

My favorite video wasn't anything about a game... it was the one where he did it on TMNT3 movie.. that was awesome

#5 Edited by Coltonio7 (3214 posts) -
suneku said:
"My favorite video wasn't anything about a game... it was the one where he did it on TMNT3 movie.. that was awesome"
The Wizard was a pretty good one too.
#6 Posted by suneku (3005 posts) -

Haven't watched that yet, I'll check it out.

#7 Posted by Grape (164 posts) -

AVGN for the win :)

#8 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4941 posts) -

yes i do, AVGN is awesome.

#9 Posted by Karmum (11514 posts) -

Yeah, he is pretty cool.

#10 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (4114 posts) -

It's entertaining. My fave is where he took a crap in a trick or treat bag & gave it to some kids. I've seen them all.

#11 Posted by Damonation (573 posts) -

Dude, he kicks ass.

#12 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1766 posts) -

Well, I used to watch his videos a lot, but now I just hate his humor.

It's not funny just because you take a dump on stuff and say "buffallo-balls" every 5 minutes!

#13 Posted by Cleric (290 posts) -

He's funny, but I find his more serious videos to be more entertaining, like the recent Batathon for example. I mean, the guy obviously knows his stuff and is passionate about what he does and that's always a big plus.

#14 Posted by EJ902 (70 posts) -

He's not bad, I just don't like how now every video game reviewer with a youtube account has taken it upon themselves to try and be like him by yelling endless profanity everytime something goes slightly wrong. Not his fault though.

I did think his superman64 review was pointless, he spent most of his video ranting about flying through rings, as opposed to disabling the rings and flying straight to his destination. It was still funny, however, which is probably the point of his videos.

#15 Edited by zayas_81 (35 posts) -

Ah yes, Friday The 13th for the NES, god I wasted so much of my childhood on that piece of shit. It's basically a nice trip down memory lane, and that makes it worth all the sophmoric cursing and beer drinking, but I guess he has to keep it entertaining for all the shit heads that were born in the 90s and can't relate to the games. Good find.

#16 Posted by Gunraidan (221 posts) -

Some of his videos are classics, that saying the rest are usually horrid. His Goldenage certainly has past. Though he does pop in a few good ones like Atari Porn and Superman 64 for some recent examples.

#17 Posted by AlexB (1052 posts) -

yeah he's pretty funny.

#18 Posted by InuFaye (90 posts) -

Him and Yahtzee are stupid.

#19 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (4114 posts) -
Gunraidan said:
"Some of his videos are classics, that saying the rest are usually horrid. His Goldenage certainly has past. Though he does pop in a few good ones like Atari Porn and Superman 64 for some recent examples."
Gametrailers points out there are around 700 games on a Sega Genesis.  AVGN has a lot to review yet.  I don't think he has jumped the shark yet, since it's only Internet TV.  If you're trying to out-do yourself after every episode you eventually paint yourself into a corner. It's not worth approaching it that way.
#20 Posted by Ubergeist (473 posts) -

Yea he's pretty funny at times. Very entertaining.

#21 Posted by Ubergeist (473 posts) -

Yea he's pretty funny at times. Very entertaining.

#22 Posted by ZimpanX (436 posts) -
Damonation said:
"Dude, he kicks ass."

Word
#23 Posted by Vlademir (1083 posts) -

Yeah, I've actually seen all of his videos. XD

#24 Posted by Keano (488 posts) -

yahtzee > him

#25 Posted by Manks (862 posts) -

He's pretty good, but I like Yahtzee better.

#26 Posted by Mattzz10 (513 posts) -

Probably one of the best intro songs ever. Very very catchy.

#27 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

I don't like him for some reason, its just not funny and retarded.

#28 Posted by Hell_Dude (52 posts) -

I liked his old videos better. Before he made half of those videos in some kind of a movie.

#29 Posted by Clean (2433 posts) -
#30 Posted by Anonymous (139 posts) -

Never watched his videos, and I don't really want to start.

#31 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2916 posts) -
EJ902 said:
"

He's not bad, I just don't like how now every video game reviewer with a youtube account has taken it upon themselves to try and be like him by yelling endless profanity everytime something goes slightly wrong. Not his fault though.

I did think his superman64 review was pointless, he spent most of his video ranting about flying through rings, as opposed to disabling the rings and flying straight to his destination. It was still funny, however, which is probably the point of his videos.

"
You HAVE to fly through the rings.

And yes, I do like him.
#32 Posted by Gunraidan (221 posts) -
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Gunraidan said:
"Some of his videos are classics, that saying the rest are usually horrid. His Goldenage certainly has past. Though he does pop in a few good ones like Atari Porn and Superman 64 for some recent examples."
Gametrailers points out there are around 700 games on a Sega Genesis.  AVGN has a lot to review yet.  I don't think he has jumped the shark yet, since it's only Internet TV.  If you're trying to out-do yourself after every episode you eventually paint yourself into a corner. It's not worth approaching it that way.
"
Yes I can see where you are coming from. But I still don't think its an excuse for him to put out buckets of mediocrity before he pulls out a dab of quality. It's not so much the fact that he has to top his last review but more so that he has to keep them all funny and entertaining.

Sadly I see this effect on TV as well as every comedy series eventually gets stale. Actually this has hold true for every show I've seen except one. That exception is South Park and it really isn't hard to see why. The creators/writers don't focus on topping anything they just try to keep the show as funny as they can. And as time goes on they only learn more of what is fun and what isn't, how to time things, what they can and can't get away with, good topics to work with, etc. "Apologize to Jesse Jackson" was the funniest episode the show has had in two seasons and it was the first episode of the previous season. That doesn't mean that they have to top they just keep making funny stuff and again it gets better and better in consistency every season because they have more experience and learn more things.

To me AVGN has a big problem with this. It's as if he trys to find the "perfect" thing to rant about instead of actually remembering what made his videos so funny. After the Haloween special that's when the show took a nose dive. Certainly not in quality (well actually yes but not right away) but in vision. He started doing stuff like Bible Games and Ghostbusters which were multiple episodes long. Instead of focusing on the quality of the reviews in terms of comedy and entertainment he focused on the "epic" factor. I mean these reviews were funny but after these the show just turned horrid. It seemed as if he just completely forgot of what made the show good in the first place. I don't even think there was something worth watching until a few months with the Silver Surfer NES review. What made the show so funny was how he got angry and pointed out the flaws in the games he played that all game players could relate to. We've all played games that just made us go "WTF were the developers thinking!?" especially those of us who were playing games while 2D dominated consoles, or the pre-DS handheld age, or when developers were testing out 3D gaming. Not many people ever really cared about the games he reviewed nor did they care about him just yelling, people cared about him getting angry for the same reasons gamers get/got angry at their games for, and personally I really feel that he has missed this concept.
#33 Posted by Homer (1366 posts) -

Lol, kind of funny.

#34 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6872 posts) -

AVGN, Yahtzee, IGN, Giantbomb.

I check these every time I get on the computer.

#35 Posted by Major (474 posts) -
Damonation said:
"Dude, he kicks ass."
Sums it up pretty well
#36 Posted by imHunt (51 posts) -

Hell ya, I have all of his videos downloaded on my laptop! He is so good at reviewing all those old annoying games.

#37 Posted by sizu (443 posts) -
Hell_Dude said:
"I liked his old videos better. Before he made half of those videos in some kind of a movie."

I'm the same.  I prefered it when it was a bit raw.  Sure some of his lines were never funny, but now it seems that he tries too hard by adding other characters into it ect.
#38 Posted by Bucketdeth (8231 posts) -

I fucking love AVGN.

#39 Posted by Fax (553 posts) -

Yeah he is funny.