• 0 results
#1 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -

There are so many free games on the p.c. but the fact is most of them are crappy Korean rip offs of counter-strike. So basically i'm asking is there any good f2p games you play often (pirating dosen't count). The only free game I play is LoL. 

#2 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -

I haven't encountered any f2p game that actually was good...

#3 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Occasionally I would go and look for a cool browser game, but not very often.

#4 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -

Quake

#5 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

I've played Battlefield Heroes. I used to enjoy it, but with EA making it a hassle to play unless you purchase Battlefunds, it's just not worth it anymore. *cries in a corner*

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

Man I loved Crysis I downloaded it and... I mean I pay for all my games...

#7 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

lol is beast 
quakelive is good 
allods is the best f2p mmo 
fear combat is good as well

#8 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -
@RE_Player92: I see what you did there
#9 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" lol is beast quakelive is good allods is the best f2p mmo fear combat is good as well "
Yeah, those are all good games. You guys should also check out FIFA Online, Dungeon & Dragons Online,, Combat Arms, etc.
#10 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -
@kishan6: Allods is absoulouty horrible 
#11 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@MaskedGamer said:
" @kishan6: Allods is absoulouty horrible  "
dont even give me that shit 
it isnt wow 
but for a f2p mmo its damn good 
apparently you havent played many f2p mmos
#12 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -
#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

There's a Korean ripoff of MW2.

#14 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@damnboyadvance said:
" I've played Battlefield Heroes. I used to enjoy it, but with EA making it a hassle to play unless you purchase Battlefunds, it's just not worth it anymore. *cries in a corner* "
I am happy someone agrees with me on this. 

The Battlefunds thing is bullshit. You're fucked if you don't spend money for things in a "free" game.
#15 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -
@kishan6: Just a opinion and yes I've played many f2p mmo's they just don't work for me
#16 Edited by Hamst3r (4451 posts) -

Some of my favorite free games:

IJI
rRootage
Knytt / Knytt Stories
Within A Deep Forest
Karoshi 2.0
78641 - A Targ Adventure

#17 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

RO is now free apparantly. Or, at least they have a free server. 

How well it holds up, and the content you get on the free server is questionable though.
#18 Posted by mosespippy (4033 posts) -

I can always kill 10 or 15 minutes playing the games on www.gamedesign.jp even though I've been playing the same games there for the past 3 years. I can always go back to them because they require logic and thought. I tried the Tiger Woods Online Beta and it was fine. It felt exactly like Tiger Woods 99 (same course and graphics) only it's in your browser without any instal. Back when I was limited to dial up only I tried runescape. It was alright. It got/probably still gets constant updates. In theory you can get UT99 for free legally. Download the demo and then use the no delta patch.

#19 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

I have been playing League of Legends nonstop since beta.  Never got into whatever genre DOTA was until this, but I'm hooked.

#20 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@C2C said:
" I have been playing League of Legends nonstop since beta.  Never got into whatever genre DOTA was until this, but I'm hooked. "
That's another good game but it's still in beta.
#21 Posted by seanvail99 (130 posts) -

I've played quite a bit of Tiger Woods PGA Tour online and I love it. It's nice bite size chunks of game for free and it works really well. Nice for casual golf game fan who might not care to drop 60 big ones on a golf game.

#22 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @C2C said:
" I have been playing League of Legends nonstop since beta.  Never got into whatever genre DOTA was until this, but I'm hooked. "
That's another good game but it's still in beta. "
Nah, LoL has been out of Beta for a while now.
#23 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -

I dabble in LoL from time to time. I got Portal for free, legally, if that counts lol. 

Yeah, alot of f2p games of the mmo variety are quite bad. If you ever though WoW or Aion was a grind then I dare you to play MapleStory or SotNW. Those games have INSANE grinds and those aren't even the worse of the bunch. I'm also keeping my eye on Runes of Magic because I can see that game becoming quite good with a little more polish and care. So far they're off to a good start on it though. 

@kishan6 said:

" @MaskedGamer said:
" @kishan6: Allods is absoulouty horrible  "
dont even give me that shit it isnt wow but for a f2p mmo its damn good apparently you havent played many f2p mmos "
Can't argue with that. Allods is amazing for a f2p game, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. It just doesn't feel right. It's missing that 'umph' that other games have.
#24 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@C2C said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:
" @C2C said:
Nah, LoL has been out of Beta for a while now. "
I played it with my cousin last week and he said it's still in beta. They added a new map but it only has like 4 maps to play online.
#25 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI:  It's been out for quite some time. :) They are even selling a League of Legends pack.

I play quite a few free games but the two most notable is LoL and Quake Live.
#26 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@Vision said:
" @ISuperGamerI:  It's been out for quite some time. :) They are even selling a League of Legends pack.  I play quite a few free games but the two most notable is LoL and Quake Live. "
I saw the packs, they sell them in retail game stores.
#27 Posted by infestedandy (266 posts) -

I played Heroes of Newerth for a while, but after getting used to it I can definitely tell you I'm not exactly a fan.

I say it like that because the whole "defense" genre is a great idea and there are plenty of fun games that use it, but LoL and HoN just get old after a short while. And I mean real old. Most games create an illusion to disguise the repetition, making it fun in a somewhat exhilarating way. Both those games do none of that. It's the same thing with each hero every damn time. You get the same items, skills, and go through the same points.

#28 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @C2C said:

not anymore it isnt. Its been out of beta for awhile
#29 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

http://whatareyouwait.info/download.php

runman: race around the world is a pretty good free game.

#30 Posted by elko84 (1040 posts) -

free games?  does farmville count? 

#31 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

not anymore unfortunately. free games haven't been of high quality exactly in the past couple of years.  

though, i'll play the occasional addictive flash game. 

#32 Posted by dudeglove (7687 posts) -

Are we talking flash games as well? If so, newgrounds always amuses.

#33 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" not anymore unfortunately. free games haven't been of high quality exactly in the past couple of years.   though, i'll play the occasional addictive flash game.  "
I remember when flash games (i.e. shockwave) were great, but these days they are generic crap.
#34 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Kongai if you're into turn based card strategy with a dash of luck. I also used to play Tactics Arena until they took the Legends server down. 

#35 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@RTSlord said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:
" @C2C said:
not anymore it isnt. Its been out of beta for awhile "
It's still a good game. :)
#36 Posted by Capum15 (4811 posts) -

Runes Of Magic and Aika Online were pretty fun. Haven't played either for a while now though, but they were good.

#37 Posted by Krystal_Sackful (808 posts) -
@MaskedGamer: 
Play Star Control 2: The Ur Quan Masters. It's up there on my list of greatest games ever.
#38 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I play Super Mario Crossover.

#39 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" not anymore unfortunately. free games haven't been of high quality exactly in the past couple of years.   though, i'll play the occasional addictive flash game.  "
I remember when flash games (i.e. shockwave) were great, but these days they are generic crap. "
i wouldn't exactly agree. i'm referring mostly to games that require downloads. (ie generic korean shooters)  

flash games are great though. they never fail to amuse me. 
#40 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @ISuperGamerI said:
" @AjayRaz said:
I remember when flash games (i.e. shockwave) were great, but these days they are generic crap. "
i wouldn't exactly agree. i'm referring mostly to games that require downloads. (ie generic korean shooters)   flash games are great though. they never fail to amuse me.  "
I guess some flash games are still good.
#41 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Spelunky 

#42 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

I Wanna Be The Guy. 

Finished it about 3 months ago.

#43 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Ive been known to play League of Legends and played Battlefield Heroes for a good month or two.

#44 Posted by fflyash (139 posts) -
Minecraft can be fun. Although I think it might only be free while it's in the alpha stage.
#45 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

all games are free my son. this is the internet

#46 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

No mention of Cave Story? This thread is shameful!

#47 Posted by BCarpenter (1 posts) -

Im playing TrackMania Forever for years now. Its still a damn adictive game, and looks good to. 

#48 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Quake Live.

#49 Posted by Sinkwater (513 posts) -

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

#50 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@kshadow said:
" Minecraft can be fun. Although I think it might only be free while it's in the alpha stage. "
This, a million, bajillion times. Squared.