#1  Edited By Zajtalan
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

Just wondering if you guys have any damaged or messed up controllers that you use. Both of my dual shock 3's lower right grips are broken, allowing me to see the rumble feature. All thanks to a bulldog

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

All four of my 360 controllers have something wrong with them. My PS3 controllers are in great shape though, despite the fact that I threw one pretty hard once.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jrinswand

I don't play my consoles enough to mess up my controllers. The wired 360 controller that I use for my PC has some pretty worn-down thumbsticks but is fine other than that.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BBQBram

Not unless you count some of the rubber on the analog sticks wearing down.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Dude my megadrive controllers are still in great shape. I ain't no ape.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just N64 controllers back in the day; Sony controllers have always been extremely durable.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

I melted the face buttons of my PS3 controller with a bedlamp. Still works though.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By nintendoeats

I find that the d-pads on SNES controllers are ALL AWFUL (probably due to age). I've been experimenting with the rubber from other pads, but I've yet to find a real solution to the problem.

Other than that, I don't think I have any controller complaints. Aside from some that are just bad controllers.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

My computer keyboard is a little worse for wear and the left bumper on one of my 360 controllers is going, but I've never played with anything worse than that.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By algertman

N64. We would use busted controllers thanks to Mario Party. The analog sticks would flop around. We became Golden Eye gods because of it.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skyrider

@Jrinswand said:

I don't play my consoles enough to mess up my controllers. The wired 360 controller that I use for my PC has some pretty worn-down thumbsticks but is fine other than that.

Haha, same with my 360 controller. Only the one I use on my PC as well, oddly enough, and I'm damn sure that I've put more hours on my console ones.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By JasonR86

If it is damaged to the point where I can't use it then no. But I'm ok with cosmetic damage.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I had one N64 controller and a couple of 360 controllers end up with loose thumbsticks. Depending on the game, if the dead zone is big enough, you might not even notice.

I just replaced them and relegated those to local multiplayer use.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. I take good care of my stuff.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 49th

Never damaged a controller, although I did screw up both my Game Boy Colour and the original Nintendo DS by pulling the game cart out while it was still on. They both have a thin black line though the middle of the screen.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Chop

Yeah, The d-pad is all messed up on my DS3. The buttons are far too shallow and could never be used with any precision. It doesn't bug me though; I don't play fighting games, so it's all good.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kermoosh

i've played with controllers that either a button would have to be mashed really hard or moving forward would cause a character to walk instead of run. i'll use a controller as long as its reasonably functional. for example i'll use a controller with a bad right thumbstick to play street fighter

this is all xbox (microsoft) controllers if you havn't figured that out by now

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By JTB123

As long as everything still works then yeah, my current 360 pad has a crack in the grip but it doesn't affect it. I hardly ever throw out broken ones though, I have a box full of pads with various things wrong with them that I just won't throw away.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaLe

No. Even if the sticks wear too much I'll just buy another one.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TyCobb

Nope. The 360 controllers can take a beating. However, that is a double edged sword since it seemed the 360 controller is stronger than my coffee table.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vikingdeath1

A few months ago Bayonetta broke my awesome shiny Halo Reach controller...... I just had to get those Megatons.... now my A button sometimes don't work...

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By smcn

I have a 360 controller with a drifting stick, thankfully most games are smart and don't have the dead zone at 0. Super frustrating in those that do.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Pie

@vikingdeath1 said:

A few months ago Bayonetta broke my awesome shiny Halo Reach controller...... I just had to get those Megatons.... now my A button sometimes don't work...

I really hated playing parts of Bayonetta because of this. I felt like my controller took more damage in those 15 hours of Bayonetta than in the previous 5 years.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zeforgotten

All of my 360 controllers have both a Right Trigger and Left Stick issue. 
Right Triggers squeek and even if you're not touching the Left Stick you can still see that your guy is strafing slowly to the right. 

And that's on all 5 of the controllers. Sniping can be a bitch

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ervonymous

I have three 360 controllers and only the wired one hasn't crapped out. The first wireless struggles to keep up the connection if the batteries aren't brand new and the second one has drifting right stick. Spontaneous nose manual in Skate.

Others include my NES pads and a couple DualShocks, those button rubber pads will be the end of me.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Terramagi

I smashed my PS2 controller after I got scored on in the storyline blitzball match in the last 2 seconds of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like one out of every three 360 controllers I buy does that drifty analog stick thing. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

emilknievel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By emilknievel

I don't damage my controllers.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FrankieSpankie

No, not because I wouldn't, but mainly because I never break them. When I'm mad I'll just slam my fist on something or punch something because hospital bills are smaller than a new controller

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catarrhal

Some of you guys don't seem to realize that controllers--especially analog sticks--are prone to malfunction. It's not a question of abuse.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By louiedog

All of my controllers work fine. Some are 4+ years old. I just replaced a keyboard that had a broken spacebar. It worked, but was wobbly from a cracked piece of plastic when I last cleaned it. I've been using a really gross mouse that's been needing to be cleaned for like a year, but I finally took care of that this morning.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By GunstarRed

My 360 pad often tells me it has been disconnected because I have tapped the back a little too hard. I only had one controller for the entirety of the PS2's life and it had a pretty messed up stick that didn't work right. I did manage to finish both Jak 2 and Resident Evil 4 on pro using it though.

All of my PS3 controllers have some kind of problem. By far the least reliable controller for me during this generation.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
@Catarrhal said:

Some of you guys don't seem to realize that controllers--especially analog sticks--are prone to malfunction. It's not a question of abuse.

It is if you want to sound like an internet badass. 
"I'm so cool I can keep calm and don't destroy my controllers with my mighty man powers" 
In their little world "wear and tear" doesn't exist :P
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ravenlight
C. Kinect lol

Is this meant to imply that with Kinect, you don't need a controller or that Kinect is busted even when it's supposedly working properly?

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ducksworth

My Gamecube's analog stick is loose when pressing up, it doesn't get much use these days but when Gamecube was Nintendo's latest thang I still used to the controller. I might use it with Mario Kart but that's only if I find a fourth person. If it counts as a controller, every GBA and DS I've owned has a now unresponsive L or R button, I'm still regularly playing my DS.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Both of my xbox controllers have squeaky left triggers and the right analog sometimes points down and not on the controller it's like it triggers then doesn't reset when I bring it back up.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If my worn down N64 thumbsticks count, then yes. I blame the Mario 64 for that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. My 360 controller's right thumbstick is fucked up, but it's too late in the generation to buy a new one. It's not a huge deal though.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By smcn

@Soapy86 said:

Yes. My 360 controller's right thumbstick is fucked up, but it's too late in the generation to buy a new one. It's not a huge deal though.

I dunno, the 360 controller is USB and has become a defacto standard for PC gaming, I'm sure Durango will at least be backwards-compatible with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Durango controllers are just 360 controllers with Thunderbolt connectors instead of USB.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cthomer5000

360 controllers are not hard to repair. I had a few that got worn down real bad in different spots (drifting analog stick and one had an iffy RB button)... i took them apart and built a working franken-controller and assembled the bad parts into something i keep around just in case i need to pull something else off them. That is after a few years of wear on both.

So my answer is no, but it's because i own a few controllers and have repaired the ones that are busted.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By confusedowl

I've only had two controllers mess up enough for me to get new ones. I usually take care of my controllers so no I don't. Even the one I threw at my wall once looks brand new still.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlatantNinja23

nope. whenever there's an issue I just go and pick a new one up

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By solidejake

All my PS3 controllers are messed up. My SixAxis' left analog stick gets stuck. My first DualShock 3's L3 (and occasionally random other buttons) just presses whatever button it feels like sometimes. And my second DualShock 3 can't turn the PS3 on if it's plugged in, and thinks it's a wired controller more than half the time.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clonedzero

i voted yes, but the only problem is my 360 controller sticks are old and loose, sometimes they "drift" to one side.

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Shindiggah

I haven't really completely broken a controller outside of the circle-pad on my PSP...that thing falls off and ends up lost too much for it to be oka, I think I've bought replacement packs for it 4 times now.(for reference each pack came with 3 new circle pads)

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The cable of the wired 360 controller I use for PC games is frayed all to hell. It looks awful, but it's yet to fail me.

Also the only PS2 controller I still own has a broken R2.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#49  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I have no choice regarding my Sega Genesis. Have a controller where all the buttons - but the B button in particular - only work around 25-50% of the time.

I did play PS2 games with a half broken third party controller for a few years, until I tried to play some QTE heavy games which I just couldn't do with that controller.

And, well, the 360 controller seems inherently fucked, with the unusable d-pad and sticks that don't seem aligned properly. Haven't found a single one that doesn't seem that way, so needless to say I have no idea of what people claiming it to be the greatest controller in the history of mankind are going on about. Still, I've played some PC games that seemed designed for the controller that way, so I guess that counts. At least some PC games let you screw around with per axis dead zones and alignment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My 360 does the moving stick thing with unreal engine games and I have a square button on one of my PS3 controls that doesn't "feel right" when I use it. It's kind of sticky I guess but that's not the right term. They aren't major issues for me personally so I see no reason to buy new ones.