Do you prefer online multiplayer or split-screen?

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By raddevon
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

I prefer splitscreen because it's just more fun, and you're guaranteed not to have your experience cut short by your internet hiccuping.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Crixaliz

Splitscreen to the point I don't even have Xbox-live gold.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By penguindust

I miss split-screen since that's how I usually play multiplayer games, but I like the option of online even though I don't use it as much.  If I had to choose, right now in my life, I'd prefer more games with local co-op or competitive play over online play.  It didn't used to be that way for me, but it is now. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Online multiplayer is so convenient, but nothing beats taking out the dude sitting next to you and being able to witness his reaction first hand. 

You think gamers of the current gen will miss LAN parties like older gamers miss the arcade scene?

Mofudos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mofudos

I think I prefer online play.  I was never a huge lan party guy so the most people I ever played with in person was four.  Great fun and all but not quite the same as having a dozen or so people to play with online. 

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I haven't played much split screen since the N64 era. Most local multiplayer I do now is single screen (fighting games, shmups, Metal Slug, etc).

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

I prefer online because sharing a screen is lame, though I miss the days of good split screen games when you could have fun with everyone in the same room

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By damnboyadvance

It depends. With games that have tons of people, of course I prefer online multiplayer. Even against only a few people, I still prefer it. But split-screen isn't too bad if you don't have too many people.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By jonnyboy

Split screen. Plus I really appreciate Split screen XBL games (L4D and Gears2), my wife and I put plenty of hours into those two with our friends.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By iamjohn

I'd rather a game have online and no splitscreen than splitscreen and no online.  But I do love me some splitscreen.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

Splitscreen is more fun, playing with a friend is so much better when you can joke around with them.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like having both options, spliscreen is better for some games, online for others

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By JJOR64

I like both.

JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JDoobs

While split-screen is fun because you're physically in the room with the person, I hate the screen distortion that comes from split-screen. I'd rather play online with someone using a headset than do split-screen.

Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ugalde
I like to play online. I get headaches if I play split screen. 

EDIT: My bad I thought you meant campaign Co-op. I would no matter what want online versus modes than split screen. I dont even care about split screen outside of campaign.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Fallen189
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By natetodamax

Honestly, I can't choose. Online multiplayer is a blast, but I've had a lot of great experiences playing split screen with a friend

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Turtlefuzz

Some of my best memories are from Split Screen multiplayer. It's fun, even if you suck. Just laughing, talking smack and generally being obnoxious. Online multiplayer just isn't the same experience. But, these days split screen is bare bones, look at Call of Duty's multiplayer, less maps, weapons, and no custom classes. It's a shame, but still I prefer the joy of getting some take out, loading in Time Splitters 2, Halo, Soul Caliber, Tekken, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, or Call of Duty and playing for hours on end.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Playing games split screen is fun, but doesn't happen all that often. The interaction in person between friends is much better, though.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Splitscreen, usually people like me play with relatives, and it's no fun not having that option and potentially forcing you to buy another console just to play with your brother :S

Other times it's just more fun with friends when playing splitscreen. In co-op games such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, you are able to co-ordinate better and "bond" with your friend(s).

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I really prefer to play with myself.  I don't like split screens.  Since the other player always watches me.  It's annoying when someone, sitting next to me is breaking my concentration.   As I try to shot off my gun.  Then if they get off before me, I feel bad.  To much added competition. Since you know they aren't going to reach over and help you.

Yeah, I definitely prefer to just close my door.  Light some candles, pour some wine and play with myself.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By ajamafalous

I can't stand playing split-screen games anymore.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jkz
@SoothsayerGB said:
" I really prefer to play with myself.  I don't like split screens.  Since the other player always watches me.  It's annoying when someone, sitting next to me is breaking my concentration.   As I try to shot off my gun.  Then if they get off before me, I feel bad.  To much added competition. Since you know they aren't going to reach over and help you.  Yeah, I definitely prefer to just close my door.  Light some candles, pour some wine and play with myself. "
That was the most suggestive comment that could possible pass for legitimate in a while
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By nrain

Online, split screen is just eye straining.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Split screen only because being with people while playing video games always makes it more hilarious. 

Mofudos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mofudos
@SoothsayerGB said:
" I really prefer to play with myself.  I don't like split screens.  Since the other player always watches me.  It's annoying when someone, sitting next to me is breaking my concentration.   As I try to shot off my gun.  Then if they get off before me, I feel bad.  To much added competition. Since you know they aren't going to reach over and help you.  Yeah, I definitely prefer to just close my door.  Light some candles, pour some wine and play with myself. "
Bravo, sir.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Split-screen or System Link.

It's just alot more fun than playing online.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Linkyshinks

Depends on the game. But online is preferred most of the time. The restrictions in current current tech is the problem.  

I did see an interesting new TV at CES 08 though, but that requires glasses. It allows two signal streams to be played on the same screen simultaneously. It's weird but it works.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Absurd

Online Multiplayer