• 99 results
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By JB16

Do you guys replay your older games? For some reason everytime I try to replay one of my old favorites I always get bored and quit a few hours in.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Brunchies

Never to be honest, I always end up the same as you getting bored early on.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By louiedog

I play The Secret of Monkey Island once every 18 months or so, sometimes more frequently. I've been doing that since I was a young lad in the early 90s.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By gla55jAw

Yeah. Final Fantasy VII and VIII I usually play every year or 2. There are a few other RPGs that I want to go back to and replay. I would like to play the Metal Gear Solid Games again, but I don't know If I could, they don't hold up that well.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Capum15

Some games. Some of them I can get bored with, but some I can play repeatedly (Halo: Custom Edition and Half Life 2 as examples, also: Pokemon) to completion.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MercuryCrusader

It's much easier to replay older games that don't require a lot of time investment.  Most of my favorite games don't require a lot of time dedication, so I can jump in whenever I feel like it.  Super Mario Bros. 3, River City Ransom, any of the NES Mega Man games, Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the Genesis, whatever.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kbm600

I always go back to KOTOR and boot up SMB:3 every once in a while.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By bonbolapti

I play the old favorites more than I do new games.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coaxmetal

It depends on the game. I have played my very favourite, Planescape Torment, twice, played Baldur's Gate 2 probably 3 times, The Witcher twice, Chrono Trigger twice, FF6 twice... I enjoy replaying, but I need to put at least a year or to between playthroughs of those in-depth RPG's. As far as FPS's and stuff go, I don't do a lot of replaying there, not as much to go back to as as RPG for me. 

Also, someone mentioned Pokemon. Isn't the ability to enjoy replaying Pokemon vital to enjoying those games? I mean, they are all the same game.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NoXious

Yes. Even went as far as running DOS-Box, and trying to install a Windows 95 Virtual Machine (no luck >.<).
The games I can play on the newer OS' I simply install and play through. I enjoy complicated and unique concepts, even if they are frustrating, because they tend to strain my ability way more then the cookie cutter crap that's out nowadays.

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

I play through Rally Cross for the PSX about once a year, I'll pop in older Sim City games from time to time, and build a city or two.  I also used to play through Populous once a month.  Sometimes I will go through the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series, like play 1, 2, 3 in order of each. 

Also, I used to play the Medal of Honor series from time to time, thats two PSone, two PS2...

DanVenture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DanVenture

For the most part no, but I've gone back and played KOTOR over and over and over, I just love that game. Most games are either to nostalgic and are just hard to play or too recent and just boring.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HitmanAgent47

All the time, only on pc though, nothing else because I can scale the resolution.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By stackboy

I can always go back and play SSX3. Can't count how many times I have finished that game now. Easily over 50.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By fugie7

some of the games i do. it all depends on what type of mood i am in at the time.

Gul_Torgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Gul_Torgo

I actually do.  I am in the midst of replaying Metal Arms: Glitch in the System for Xbox, am thinking of chewing through the PS1 Resident Evil series again this summer, and regularly break out the PS1 classic Bushido Blade when there's a party at our place. 

Apparently I am one of the handful that actually uses backwards compatibility, so let me finish this post by shaking my fist at Sony for neutering my PS3 Slim and Microsoft for stopping their BC project with it woefully incomplete (Stranger's Wrath, Morrowind GOTY, etc.)

CuddlyKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CuddlyKnife

When it comes to the 8 and 16 bit classics that i grew up with, I replay them all the time. I've beaten the Double Dragons, Zeldas, the Super Mario Bros, the Castlevanias, Contras, and many others, many many times. Hundreds, literally. Not so much with the modern 3-D era of gaming because of time constraints, but there are a few that I always play over and over. Silent Hill series, Ninja Gaiden and DMC series, and more action-based games..

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

I still play through the original RE trilogy every so often.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By buzz_clik

Yep, I do it all the time. I'm well into older games anyway, but my favourites definitely get dragged out for a spin.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I replayed the Jak & Daxter Trilogy one weekend, it was amazing....

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By gazel_ministry

I replay games all the time. Deus Ex, Xenogears and the Metal Gear Solid series get revisited the most. Just purchased GTA:Vice City for $3 on Steam. Looking forward to playing that again. Also have ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Going to be playing them soon.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Organicalistic_

yeah, i do

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By FesteringNeon

I feind for Sega Genesis, all the time...  
it's weird.  

I just hate having it hooked up next to the modern consoles.  
Once I get the CD attachment, it's on though. :)
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bhhawks78

No because I usually end up hating them/getting immediately bored since I know the story.  Plus most of my game playing is through gamefly and trade ins

MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MercuryCrusader
@bhhawks78:  They're games, not movies. Replaying a game should be for its gameplay, not the story.  If the only redeemable feature in a game is the storyline, there's something wrong.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Akeldama

Playing MGS3 as we speak.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cloneslayer

Hell ya, play some good old SNES and N64 games. 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArchScabby

Sometime, Sometime I go like this:  

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheChaos

I am currently in the process of my own Endurance Run with a friend. Playing Persona 1-2-3-4 in order. 
For me it's a nice replay but my friend gets to experience all of it brand new, and without having to play too.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By rjayb89

I'm currently replaying through FFVIII.  It's my third time, but I don't just sit through it over a week I eventually finish it within the confines of a year, so I've got maybe 8 more months since I started the current playthrough I'm on a while back.

Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Berezov

I'm just playing through Kingdom Hearts I and II and for some bizarre reason... The Warriors. 

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WickedFather

Zelda games from A Link to the Past onwards, yes.  Broken Sword, Prince of Persia the Sands of Time, Doom + Doom 2 loads of times, Duke Nukem 3D umpteen times, Snes Mario Bros plenty of times.  Tomb Raider II stacks of times (PC) even watched friends complete it about 3 times which is just as good as it's the best TR game but I have played Tomb Raider Legend twice and would definitely play it again.  Half Life 2 I've done 2 or 3 times and will play episode 1 + 2 again maybe with the commentary.  I'll play Mario Sunshine again, in fact I'm putting it off and forcing myself to play Ico, Shadow of the Collossus, Bayonetta and the Ratchet and Clank games before it.  My first PS2 10 years after it was released and it's a joy.   Currently I'm replaying GTA IV and Broken Sword with my girlfriend as it's her first time and so I'm just advising when she loses interest when she's stuck.

Notice I'm replaying modern stuff a lot less.  Does that mean they're not as good?  Maybe.  Does it mean I've got nostalgia goggles on?  Maybe but I don't think so because some of the old stuff I've got years after they came out.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Trilogy

I go back to KOTOR every once in a while and I always finish it. 

I could go for playing donkey kong country or a link to the past again.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@JB16:  Heck yeah I am always going back to my old games. This weekend I am going to dive back into Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. The only game I used to really like that I couldn't get back into was FFVIII. I downloaded it off the playstation store like a month ago and lets just say that game does not look good on a high def tv.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By dbz1995

Played Chrono Trigger and Pokemon again. Pokemon moreso. I remember once that after completing it I just started another New Game straight away.

Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#37  Edited By Karolis

I replay the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy every couple of years. Although two weeks ago I quit about half an hour into the first game. But in general, yeah, I come back to my old favourites from time to time.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38  Edited By turboman

Psychonauts get into my PS3 every once in a while.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By raiz265

I tried playing Ocarina of Times again a few months ago

But I lack motivation to play old games again..

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JB16
@MercuryCrusader said:
" @bhhawks78:  They're games, not movies. Replaying a game should be for its gameplay, not the story.  If the only redeemable feature in a game is the storyline, there's something wrong. "
I will have to kindly retort your statement by saying, "THAT IS BULLSHIT". Anyone who plays RPGs  (especially Jrpg's, Deus ex, and bioware games) know damn well that story is just as important if not more than gameplay.
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By SBYM

Of course.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By GunstarRed

All the time... im so thankful for all the sega releases on XBLA.. I love having Gunstar Heroes and Sonic a couple of button pushes away. And I play Quake 2 once every year.
hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By hinderk

Yup. Both of the games that I'm playing right now are older games that I've already beaten.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By sopranosfan

Yes I do.

MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MercuryCrusader
@JB16 said:
I will have to kindly retort your statement by saying, "THAT IS BULLSHIT". Anyone who plays RPGs  (especially Jrpg's, Deus ex, and bioware games) know damn well that story is just as important if not more than gameplay. "

Well, that explains why most RPGs are terrible.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Whisperkill

Yeah, or they wouldn't be my favorites

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kishan6

well i should...

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By Metroid545

yes sir, usually its a shit ton of my nes games, also i'm on my 21st playthrough of earthbound

Thrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Thrae

It really depends on the game. I go back through and play most of the major Zelda games at least once a year or so and can still really enjoy them. As for other games that I'm not a fanboy of it's a mixed bag. Currently going through Half Life 2  + Episode 1 and 2 again and it's still an amazing experience. Tried to play through Doom 3 again however and got bored about an hour in.