• 49 results
Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) 7 months, 23 days ago

DO you screenshot when gaming? (79 votes)

YES, IVE GOT THOUSASANDS OF PICS NO ONE WILL EVER SEE ON MY HARD DRIVE 63%
NO!!!! 37%

ALL YOU PC PEOPLE

Xzibit A

Persona 4 Golden Run, Best feature on the VITA is the screenshot thing.

#1 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

Never.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34604 posts) -

No, of course not. I'm not insane. *sweeps thousands of Persona 3 pics under a rug*

#3 Posted by SpudBug (631 posts) -

I took a lot of screenshots of metro last light while playing because that game is gorgeous.

#4 Edited by falserelic (4944 posts) -

No, I don't see why I should keep pics, unless I want to show them to people that don't care...

#5 Posted by SpudBug (631 posts) -

also: "bro, do you even screenshot??"

#6 Edited by jimmyfenix (3680 posts) -

HELL YEAH

#7 Edited by Winsord (1066 posts) -

I never used to, but after Steam added the feature I started to. The screenshot manager makes it easy enough to delete the bad ones, it organizes all of the folders for you, gives you a place to share them and view other friends', etc, so it can be kind of fun to do and takes almost no effort. I do take a lot more screenshots than I ever post, though, and often times it's just to change the background image for a game in Steam. The only non-PC based game I've ever done it for is Forza.

#8 Posted by probablytuna (3443 posts) -

The one thing I hate about using the screenshot feature on the Vita when playing Persona 4 is that when you press the necessary buttons during a cutscene there's a chance it will fast-forward.

#9 Edited by Happenstance (455 posts) -

When playing Steam games yeah I do, I like seeing other people's screenshots in the Friend Activity feed as well. Im hoping the PS4's will end up being similar.

#10 Edited by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

DO!

#11 Edited by Happenstance (455 posts) -

When playing Steam games yeah I do, I like seeing other people's screenshots in the Friend Activity feed as well. Im hoping the PS4's will end up being similar.

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

DO!

#13 Edited by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

The one thing I hate about using the screenshot feature on the Vita when playing Persona 4 is that when you press the necessary buttons during a cutscene there's a chance it will fast-forward.

Never happened to me, SCREENSHOT NOOB

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

Always be screenshotting.

#15 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

I used to, but I got sick of posting 'em online for strangers, and they don't look as good as actual wallpaper for background pictures, so I stopped doing it.

I mean, sure I get 10 or 10000 amazing screenshots of an amazing game I played, and then what? They take up space is what they do.

#16 Edited by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

Extremely rare times will I screenshot something. Like the weird body of Malik in the newer Deus Ex. It just looked awkward....

#17 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

I screenshot for epeen and forum trolling; only occasionally apart from that.

#18 Edited by cloudnineboya (692 posts) -

Yes, why? this is why..

#19 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

NO. It's against my religion.

#20 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

Absolutely. I like going to a game on Steam that I haven't played in a while and getting ambushed by whatever weird nonsense I decided to screenshot the last time.

#21 Posted by Aviar (365 posts) -

In some games yes, but not all games.

#22 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Rorie sure does in Dark Souls.

Tee hee...

#23 Posted by Andorski (5108 posts) -

Rarely. If I did want to capture something when playing a game I would want it to be in video. Too bad PC doesn't seem to have any good, resource-light video capturing software that is completely free to use.

#24 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Occasionally. It really depends on if I realize I want to take a picture of this or not and if I press the button quick enough.

#25 Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

@cale said:

Ah yes, i understand

#26 Posted by DonutFever (3515 posts) -

Yup. Big Picture Mode letting you take screens from a Gamepad hasn't helped, either.

#27 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (869 posts) -

No. And do not look at my profile page.

#28 Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

@cale said:

Ah yes, i understand

#29 Edited by davidwitten22 (1703 posts) -

Only on Steam.

#30 Edited by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

Yes, on my Vita. Persona 4 Golden is made for screenshots. Every line in that game sounds sexual and what you see above.

#33 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

#34 Edited by TheHT (10281 posts) -

Only when something glitchy, goofy, and/or awesome happens or when I'm fucking around.

Case in point (Saints Row IV homie spoilers I guess):

#36 Edited by Pr1mus (3513 posts) -

Yeah all the time and then i delete all of them later because i never do anything with them anyway.

#37 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (273 posts) -

I'll take a screenshot when I see something that impresses me graphically or is strangely/hilariously broken. Far Cry 3 was really good for both of those.

#38 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -
Sleeping Dogs was full of great screenshot moments.

No, of course not. I'm not insane. *sweeps thousands of Persona 3 pics under a rug*

Twist ending: The rug, other furnishings, and entire structure are made out of Persona 3 pics.

#39 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1586 posts) -

Usually only glitches and good scores in games is what I'll screenshot. Sometimes I'll take some for the fun of it

#40 Posted by Dixavd (1133 posts) -

I don't think I know how to take screenshots without pausing and leaving a game...

#41 Posted by hans_maulwurf (79 posts) -

Yes, mostly in cutscenes though since I prefer my screenshots pure and hud-free, which has lead to an irrational hate of 'Press key to continue"-messages in said cutscenes. And to an appreciation for adaptive huds like in Tomb Raider.

#42 Posted by VierasTalo (575 posts) -

I always tap that F12 when playing PC-stuff. SRIV is a gold-mine. Naturally I never upload anything anywhere nor look at them afterwards.

#43 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

ALL DAY EVERY DAY

#44 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

Very rarely.

#45 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

I always mean to, but usually forget.

#46 Posted by ghostyTrickster (264 posts) -

I mainly screenshot glitches and fucked up shit and then post it to Steam. As for just like cool looking stuff, nah, never saw the point.

#47 Posted by ghostyTrickster (264 posts) -

I mainly screenshot glitches and fucked up shit and then post it to Steam. As for just like cool looking stuff, nah, never saw the point.

#48 Posted by Dalai (6878 posts) -

@ravenlight: Yes, yes it was.

I do the occasional screenshot.

#49 Posted by ZolRoyce (421 posts) -

By the time I'm done playing an average length game (Let's say 12 hours or so) I fall somewhere around 300-500 screenshots, much longer games, the sky is the limit, I have 1000+ on stuff like Borderlands, and I don't even really like Borderlands, Mount and Blade Warband probably has 1500+ or so, I will once and a while go through them and delete stupid ones, but I just like having them, silly things, pretty things, wallpaper worthy things, showing them to my friend things, I just love doing it.

Stupid EA, Origin doesn't do screenshots, how can the world continue without me taking a shot of Commander Shepards ragdoll going all crazy? It can't, it can't continue, again, ever.

#50 Edited by GreggD (4443 posts) -

Occasionally, when they're worth the effort for a really good shot, or if they're just so weird I have to. Some examples:

I found the college cheer team in a garage not exactly close to campus
And this entry was just funny
I'm actually really glad how good Max Payne 2 still looks