• 69 results
Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Do you still scroll down to the bottom of the home page everytime? (254 votes)

Yes where are my forums! 79%
No I have adapted 21%
#1 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Not quite every time, but often enough that I feel like an idiot whenever I do it.

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Nah. And Jeff's right, that was pretty ghetto in the first place. When they bring it back I'd like it to be more near the top.

#3 Posted by dgtlty (152 posts) -

3. No, I never did

I always just went to Forums at the top of the page

#4 Posted by Zor (653 posts) -

Kind of, i usually start to scroll down and then remember that i can/have to click on the forums tab instead.

#5 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Yup, and I cry evertim.

Nah. And Jeff's right, that was pretty ghetto in the first place. When they bring it back I'd like it to be more near the top.

They're bringing it back to the home page?

#6 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Dave Snider says

What we're not working on... right now.

1. Adding forums to the front door. Can't have custom queries per user while we have stability issues.
  2. Achievements and quests. As discussed several times over many months, we had to remove these. They may return in the next few months.
#7 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
#8 Posted by OldGuy (1493 posts) -

3. Yes! And once the Twitter updates are actually synced better to Twitter it'll be great!

(...also I've adapted and have another tab open on the forums...)

#9 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

I still do ;_; its sad to see nuthin down there

#10 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

Yes but I will hopefully get used to it

#11 Edited by believer258 (11565 posts) -

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

Good! I was starting to feel like the only one who didn't really know what people were complaining about so much there for a bit.

"Wait, there was a forum feed at the bottom? Oh yeah! There was! Who the fuck used that?" And apparently a good number of the users did.

#12 Posted by John1912 (1813 posts) -

Yea I want the forums back at the bot. I could care less what the staff are tweeting about. Seems pretty tacky to shove tweets in over the forums.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

Nope since it is just twitter stuff and community stuff I have seen before.

#14 Edited by Pr1mus (3779 posts) -

What if i told you that clicking "forums" at the top was always faster than scrolling down to the bottom of the front page.

#15 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

Every time.

#16 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4518 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

What if i told you that clicking "forums" at the top was always faster than scrolling down to the bottom of the front page.

That would depend on the site remaining stable.

Which it isn't.

#17 Edited by Subjugation (4716 posts) -
@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

#18 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I never scrolled down. Mostly because there is a button right at the top and I can right click and open a new tab.

#19 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -

i did, but i also had the persona 4 forum favorited, so that was the forum i saw, and also that bottom was ghetto i feel cause of the community spotlight feature, as that rarely gets updated with how super curated it is.

real surprised that a lot of people used it though, it explains how some of my threads had a ton of views. definitely putting my news stories threads to a halt till it gets back on the front page (as dave said its coming back, but the site has to get stable first)

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

Even still, I always liked having both the GB content and the forums all neatly tucked into one tab.

#21 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -

but since its just the staffs tweets and the community spotlight at the bottom, i rarely visit the bottom now.

#22 Posted by Pr1mus (3779 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@pr1mus said:

Even still, I always liked having both the GB content and the forums all neatly tucked into one tab.

Oh yeah it sure was better than the staff twitter feed. I guess i just don't get the people for whom this was their primary way to access the forums. I used it too every now and again when i did scroll all the way down to check community stuff but that's like once a week. If i'm just coming to the site for the forums i'd never go all the way down for that.

#23 Posted by Capum15 (4792 posts) -

First two or so days I did, but now I just keep the forum tab open.

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I never did this anyway, I come to this site mostly for the forums, so I'm usually just there hitting F5.

#25 Posted by BoFooQ (649 posts) -

Got use to going down there to see what people are talking about, but am perfectly fine with new setup, just takes some getting used to.

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

YES. I have become so much less active on the forums since it was removed from the front page. It's like they're hidden and not as important as everything else.

#27 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1917 posts) -

Not since the first day, no. It takes about four seconds of adaptation, and I used the fuck out of those main page discussions.

#28 Posted by Nev (539 posts) -

Nope, I never did. I just opened the forums link in a new tab.

#29 Posted by mlarrabee (2874 posts) -

Those were the only forum topics I ever looked at (mostly) so I'm probably going to naturally be on the forums less.

#30 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I never used that section. I'm not a fan of scrolling.

#31 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

NO........YES :(

#32 Edited by RawknRo11a (550 posts) -

yea... old habits die hard...

#33 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yes, and I cry a bit every single time.

#34 Posted by Sgtpierceface (608 posts) -

Yep, every time. I really hope they come back.

#35 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

Nope, I never used the front door forums. I just always click the forums button and see what everyone is talkin' bout.

#36 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1223 posts) -

Yes, I don't even know how I got here without them.

#37 Posted by DougCL (208 posts) -

what i really miss on the bottom of the page was the link over to comic vine. 95% of the time i went over there was through that link.

#38 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

Good! I was starting to feel like the only one who didn't really know what people were complaining about so much there for a bit.

"Wait, there was a forum feed at the bottom? Oh yeah! There was! Who the fuck used that?" And apparently a good number of the users did.

I personally always used the forum feed at the bottom much for the same reason you'd put your music playlist on shuffle. Sometimes I'm not looking for anything specific to talk about, just want to post in an active thread on forums, whether it's a topic/game I am interested in or not.

#39 Posted by believer258 (11565 posts) -

@minipato said:

@believer258 said:

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

I personally always used the forum feed at the bottom much for the same reason you'd put your music playlist on shuffle. Sometimes I'm not looking for anything specific to talk about, just want to post in an active thread on forums, whether it's a topic/game I am interested in or not.

...yeah, that would be why I clicked on the Forums button. I definitely understand why someone would miss the feed, but I just found it way quicker and more useful to middle click on the forums button and have it ready after I browsed the news, articles, and videos on the front page.

#40 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I never did, I just clicked on the "forums" tab at the top. To be honest, I forgot there was a forum feed on the front page until people started complaining about it being gone, I had no idea so many people used it.

#41 Edited by jewunit (1054 posts) -

I did so the first few days, but I now know to just tab into the forums. I sort of miss having the recent threads right in view though.

#42 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

@minipato said:

@believer258 said:

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

...yeah, that would be why I clicked on the Forums button. I definitely understand why someone would miss the feed, but I just found it way quicker and more useful to middle click on the forums button and have it ready after I browsed the news, articles, and videos on the front page.

Oh fuck, for 2 years I've always thought the only centralized forum thingie was the drop down menu at the top. Never thought to click on the forums tab itself. Well that solves everything!

#43 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

I still do it out of habit

#44 Posted by bobafettjm (1392 posts) -

I always just used the forums link at the top of the page.

#45 Edited by punkxblaze (2948 posts) -

The front page is empty like my heart =(

#46 Posted by Grimluck343 (1146 posts) -

I spend almost no time on the homepage oddly enough. I just check the top of the page for new videos then jump straight to the forums.

#47 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2205 posts) -

Yes unfortunately out of force of habit, still baffles me why it was taken away.

#48 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

On the old website, yes.

On the new website, the front page of the forums is pretty much what the bottom of the homepage on the old site was, but with more forum links. I've adapted since beta and kind of prefer it more.

#49 Edited by The_Hiro_Abides (1249 posts) -

The first few times I did scroll to the bottom out of habit. While not efficient, it was an easy snapshot of what was being discussed in the forums. Now I just refresh that forum tab.

#50 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

The first few times I did scroll to the bottom out of habit. While not efficient, it was an easy snapshot of what was being discussed in the forums. Now I just refresh that forum tab.

I must admit that I've caught myself doing this a few times already. Thankfully the problem is easily fixed.