• 69 results
Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Do you still scroll down to the bottom of the home page everytime? (254 votes)

Yes where are my forums! 79%
No I have adapted 21%
#51 Posted by probablytuna (3524 posts) -

I can't help but feel like the Twitter feed is such a waste of space. I mean if it was synced properly then it's a bit more useful, but can't they just put it onto the side under 'New Releases'? (Which itself is currently empty. They need to rethink this arrangement, the design is wrecked when something like this happens).

#52 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@wraith1 said:

I still do it out of habit

Me too and it breaks my heart every time.

#53 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

No, that shit always updated slowly so replies in threads would actually be five minutes later than what was shown on the front page.

#54 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

I can't help but feel like the Twitter feed is such a waste of space. I mean if it was synced properly then it's a bit more useful, but can't they just put it onto the side under 'New Releases'? (Which itself is currently empty. They need to rethink this arrangement, the design is wrecked when something like this happens).

The biggest waste of space is the most recent 4 items thing, why the fuck that takes up like 75% of my screen I don't know. I'm on 1920x1080 so it's not like I'm running a shitty resolution.

It's sad to me that this site has gone the Polygon route of wasting space, the main page of Polygon is pretty much the same situation as this.

#55 Posted by MachoFantastico (4476 posts) -

Yes, I like the Twitter updates but there's got to be somewhere where the forums can be displayed. Even if it's a short space I always enjoyed checking out what folks were talking about.

#56 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

I do. I miss that feed - it was nice, concise, practical and I didn't feel that my eyes are attacked by a thousand threads, including sticky ones.

#57 Posted by crcruz3 (249 posts) -

The real shame here is that the staff tweets hasn't changed in 4 days and the community showcase hasn't changed forever. So, the last third of the home page is bloody old stuff.

#58 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I've done it a couple of times, mainly in the hope that they've brought it back.

I liked being able to jump into the most popular discussions and almost never visited the actual forum pages. I find myself completely lost without it there and I really don't understand the reason for removing it.

#59 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

No, I always jumped straight to forums.

#60 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

Maybe not every time, but definitely more than a few.

#61 Edited by Carlos1408 (1489 posts) -

My forum activity depended mostly on that. However, I can get used to this, but if they are bringing it back you won't see me complaining. Like someone said earlier it brings more views to random forum posts that might not get as many of them otherwise.

Edit: Also yes, out of habit a couple of times I have scrolled down to the bottom of the page. Although it has caused me to pay more attention than I already did to the community spotlight it feels wrong not having them there.

#62 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Its strange that something so small as pushing the forum back in the new design makes me feel like I am less part of the GB community... but it dose.

#63 Posted by Village_Guy (2480 posts) -

Yeah, it's almost like a reflex. So now I have adapted to still doing it to see if there is an update on the twitter feed and then scroll up and hit the forums button...

#64 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4674 posts) -

The front page is worse overall. It looks cluttered at the bottom. Empty space where the games are not showing up.

#65 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

Not quite every time, but often enough that I feel like an idiot whenever I do it.

#66 Edited by rbanke (191 posts) -

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

I always just went to Forums at the top of the page

Good! I was starting to feel like the only one who didn't really know what people were complaining about so much there for a bit.

"Wait, there was a forum feed at the bottom? Oh yeah! There was! Who the fuck used that?" And apparently a good number of the users did.

haha, ive been coming here for years and never even realized that was a thing.

so

3. Never did

#67 Posted by Clonedzero (4043 posts) -

yeah. now we got a stupid twitter tracker instead of useful forum links.

shit sucks man!

#68 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@dgtlty said:

3. No, I never did

I always just went to Forums at the top of the page

This.

#69 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3001 posts) -

I still do it most of the time when I end up on the homepage.

Now I've just changed my Giant Bomb Bookmark to go straight to the forums, though. The Front Page just seems a lot more useless now.