• 61 results
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

So I went over to my local gamestop to pick up some Wii points, and 2 gamecube games.  I decided to ask the clerks, "which do you think is the better system?" 

So they responded Xbox360. 

I asked why and they said "A better online system and the PS3 is lost exclusives like Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13." 

I also highlighted to them that the PS3 has more exclusives as of to date. 

Then they responed "If the Xbox360 breaks, its still under warranty.  If the PS3 breaks, it costs $175 to fix." 

I felt there was a since of stupidity coming the guys. 
1) They only acknowledged the red ring of death.  Not other issues such as scratching discs and other issues that occur with the system. 
2) While the PS3 and Xbox360 share a fair amount of games, The Xbox360 and the PC share a fair amount games which doesn't mean there are as many exclusives to the system. 

I actually asked a few different stores with similiar results.  You think this is Gamestop being biased?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the corporate executives at Gamestop has told all the clerks that they must say that the 360 is the best. It's not like it could be the clerk's personal opinion. Sheesh.
And what the hell? You went to several different Gamestops and asked them what the better system was? How about just playing a videogame?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@TeflonBilly said:
" Yeah, the corporate executives at Gamestop has told all the clerks that they must say that the 360 is the best. It's not like it could be the clerk's personal opinion. Sheesh.And what the hell? You went to several different Gamestops and asked them what the better system was? How about just playing a videogame? "
lol. But yeah, all true.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Are people so dumb that you really think ever person that works at gamestop is a robot? Like these threads are so stupid...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Oh my god, he is biased, run for the hills! It seem my old pal Nietzsche was right all along - mankind has grown incredibly childish.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

That guy did not represent the entire corporation of Gamestop, he represented himself. Especially when you asked him  "What do you   think is better, Xbox or PS3"  

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane
@TeflonBilly: You pretty much hit the nail on the head in this thread.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rinkalicous

What if he'd said he preferred the PS3? Would gamestop then be biased towards sony?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
@Godwind said:
"  2) While the PS3 and Xbox360 share a fair amount of games, The Xbox360 and the PC share a fair amount games which doesn't mean there are as many exclusives to the system. "
While this thread is incredibly stupid, I would like to acknowledge this point. You asked them which of the systems they preferred, Xbox 360 or PS3. That doesn't include PC. Even so, I don't think you can include games on Xbox 360 and PC as not being exclusive to the 360 when you're discussing consoles.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael

Do you really think GameStop gives a fuck about the console war? Seriously? Those were the opinions of theclerks you asked, not GameStop. The only thing they're biased towards is money.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yes they are sooo very biased.  In fact I think they are so biased I don't shop there.   *insert sarcasm here*

Nah, but I don't get games there mainly because I think the whole thing is a scam.  I mean sure they are trying to make money, but buying back a game for like $15 and then selling it for $40 to $55, for a relatively new game seems like a scam.  Now of course they don't sell all their used games, but it just feels wrong to me. 

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By damswedon

it is basic business sense to support the one your going to make the most money off.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalR
@Rinkalicous said:
" What if he'd said he preferred the PS3? Would gamestop then be biased towards sony? "
Of course!
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evilsbane

It kinda sounds like your biased Against the Xbox 360. . .Hmmmm? Therefore I think your entire family everyone your related to is biased and your all a bunch of PS3 fanboys I refuse to purchase things from you.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CactusWolf

You asked for opinions, you received opinions.

Shocker.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Griddler

That is just their opinion. Who cares?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andorski
@Godwind said:
Then they responed "If the Xbox360 breaks, its still under warranty.  If the PS3 breaks, it costs $175 to fix.
I like to acknowledge this.  As a person who has had their PS3 break, I find the the repair fee to be ridiculous.  MS aren't saints for doing their extended warranty, but their userbase have somewhat of a cursed blessing from all the RRoD issues.

Also... trying to justify something, much?
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By killdave

A Western company biased for a Western company 

Oh Noes ...

Its not like the Japs haven't been doing this for the past ... 2000 years

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Reuben

As someone who owns both systems. I kinda have to agree. The 360 is overall the better system. That doesn't mean the PS3 is bad or anything. Of course this is just personal opinion as well.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By rjayb89

Since these clerks are saying the answer I don't want to hear, I'm going to Giant Bomb to vent.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By JokerClown88

My gamestop says PS3.  Granted its the manager that says PS3 and some of the peons that say 360, its still refreshing to have a nice Gamestop that is a normal store.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamestop is run by fuckheads and it's customers are fuckheads.

Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nock

No Caption Provided
JDoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By JDoobs

Yeah, I work at Gamestop. My opinion? The Playstation 3 is a better deal for the money, but the 360 has a better games library. Whenever a customer asks me which system is better, I tell them it depends on your personal preferences and what you're looking for. If you plan on doing a lot of online competitive games, go with the 360, which has a better mulitplayer selection with better first party titles, and a better online setup. If you're looking for multimedia functionality or don't care about online play, go with the PS3, which has blu-ray, built in wireless, and a more fleshed out RPG selection.

Why would I, as an employee, want your money? I still get paid the same shitty wage at the end of the day. I work there because I love video games and I love discussing them with the people who come in the store.

Not everyone who works there is an evil moron.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Godwind said:

" So I went over to my local gamestop to pick up some Wii points, and 2 gamecube games.  I decided to ask the clerks, "which do you think is the better system?"  So they responded Xbox360.  I asked why and they said "A better online system and the PS3 is lost exclusives like Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13."   I also highlighted to them that the PS3 has more exclusives as of to date.  Then they responed "If the Xbox360 breaks, its still under warranty.  If the PS3 breaks, it costs $175 to fix."  I felt there was a since of stupidity coming the guys. 1) They only acknowledged the red ring of death.  Not other issues such as scratching discs and other issues that occur with the system. 2) While the PS3 and Xbox360 share a fair amount of games, The Xbox360 and the PC share a fair amount games which doesn't mean there are as many exclusives to the system.  I actually asked a few different stores with similiar results.  You think this is Gamestop being biased? "

I never asked any clerk for any of "their" opinions ever.  They want your money; you want something for nothing.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lowbrow
@MetalR said:
" @Rinkalicous said:
" What if he'd said he preferred the PS3? Would gamestop then be biased towards sony? "
Of course! "
Only if the person asking the question is biased towards the XBOX360
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman

Who in the hell cares? Christ, do people have nothing better to do? It's not GameStop tells the clerks to say Xbox 360. It's their own personal opinion.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By matthew
@TeflonBilly said:
" Yeah, the corporate executives at Gamestop has told all the clerks that they must say that the 360 is the best. "
Really?  Thats not the case at the GS where I work . . . we're told to answer the customer honestly.  We all know each console has its strengths and weaknesses, we ask the customer what type of style they're shooting for, who will be playing, what else they want to do besides play games on it . . .

I think your info is a bit off
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lowbrow
@Matthew said:
" @TeflonBilly said:
" Yeah, the corporate executives at Gamestop has told all the clerks that they must say that the 360 is the best. "
Really?  Thats not the case at the GS where I work . . . we're told to answer the customer honestly.  We all know each console has its strengths and weaknesses, we ask the customer what type of style they're shooting for, who will be playing, what else they want to do besides play games on it . . .  I think your info is a bit off "
I think that you don't know what sarcasm is.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Matthew: He did a good job of typing in a sarcastic manner, somehow you managed to miss it completely.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King

No, I think you just came across an idiot. They're very common in the wild, and can have up to 12 offspring a year.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By TheHBK
@Godwind said:
" So I went over to my local gamestop to pick up some Wii points, and 2 gamecube games.  I decided to ask the clerks, "which do you think is the better system?"  So they responded Xbox360.  I asked why and they said "A better online system and the PS3 is lost exclusives like Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13."   I also highlighted to them that the PS3 has more exclusives as of to date.  Then they responed "If the Xbox360 breaks, its still under warranty.  If the PS3 breaks, it costs $175 to fix."  I felt there was a since of stupidity coming the guys. 1) They only acknowledged the red ring of death.  Not other issues such as scratching discs and other issues that occur with the system. 2) While the PS3 and Xbox360 share a fair amount of games, The Xbox360 and the PC share a fair amount games which doesn't mean there are as many exclusives to the system.  I actually asked a few different stores with similiar results.  You think this is Gamestop being biased? "
Dude is this a knock against Gamestop or the 360?  You sound like a PS3 fanboy for a bit there.
I like both systems but having more exclusives to date is overrated.  You know which system has the most exclusives?  The Wii.  Yeah, Smash Bros, Zelda, Jillian Michaels Training, My Petz Ponies, Nerf Gun Game.  Yeah, saying it has more exclusives doesnt mean shit.  Not when they suck, and not when they are called Killzone 2.  Sorry but that game fucking sucks. Traded that shit in for some Uncharted 2 baby.
So please, dont start to go around to the gamestops and try to feel smart about what you know about games.  Its just an opinion that you asked for and you got one.  How they see that someone tipping their 360 to scratch a disc is not something that they worry about, then that means they know something.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WinterSnowblind

They want you to spend money, they don't care on what.
Acting like stores are biased towards a particularly company is stupider than people who claim every review is biased in some way, shape or form.

Chances are, it's only you that is.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@WinterSnowblind said:

" They want you to spend money, they don't care on what. Acting like stores are biased towards a particularly company is stupider than people who claim every review is biased in some way, shape or form.  Chances are, it's only you that is. "

If you're talking to someone who actually runs a store, he would recommend you buy an item that is overstocked at the time.  If the clerk was earning commission, he would recommend you the more expensive alternative.  I'm not talking about GameStop in particular, of course.
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By matthew
@Out_On_Bail: 
@Lowbrow:
Eh, prolly just missed it.  My brain is a bit off after my Law and Ethics class...I should just go for a swim...
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xyzygy

I think you just came across some people who like the 360. Just because they like it doesn't mean all of Gamestop does. 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Akeldama

its gamestop...who the fuck cares?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jkz

No. But I do indeed believe that you are biased.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iam3green

actually gamestop drains their mind of their opinion. gamestop says sell more 360 games and accessories. gamestop also have their employees get as many customers to preorder games. 

i think that it is their opinion  on which console is better. i don't think gamestop cares about system wars all that much.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By CL60

Are you serious? You ask him what he thinks is the best system and he tells you and you argue with him and tell him the PS3 is better pretty much and he is the biased one? What the hell?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scooper

No Caption Provided
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Well since according to sony fanboys the 360 had a 99% failure rate all of which is rrod or e74 then since its covered...mentioning scratching discs and such really means nothing, since the ps3 recognizes no problem if your warrenty is out its all ways 150 bux or so to fix.  and they are a stickler at sony for proof, better have kept that receipt.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Claude

My Gamestop has the Wii stuff right up front. There are more 360 games though and all the clerks talk in the background about 360 games. I think it's their choice. It probably varies from store to store, but the three in my area are all basically the same.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pkshields

I've seen the clerks try to talk people out of buying a PS3 over 360 before, usually to parents who have no idea what any of this is,  citing things like "terrible online" and "expensive games" as reasons. So absolutely at my store.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CSXLoser

all the retailers i go to have ps3s set up for display but the 360s are always all shut down.

plus one gamestop i went to plays their videos and trailers on a ps3.

just come to my area if you dont like your local retailers lol

DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DeadMan
@CSXLoser: 
So do the ones in my area, this guy thinks because an employees opinion is biased the whole damn company is, lol people these days.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By Red

Almost everyone working with GameStop is an idiot.  

Anyone who shops there to talk about video games may find some of their stupidity rubbing off on them.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By George_Hukas

Its totally like going to McDonald's and asking the dude behind the register if he prefers Big Macs or Quarter Pounders. And when he says Quarter Pounders and he is wrong you persistently insist that Big Macs are the superior platform because it has the exclusive rights to the special sauce.

But at the end of the day they are both greasy as hell and you have heart disease.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#49  Edited By TobyD81

It sounds like you asked some guys for their honest opinion and they gave it to you. You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make it invalid. As far as Gamestop corporate, I think they're biased towards money.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wolverine
@Godwind said:
1. There is a space between Xbox and 360. It's really annoying to read a paragraph where Xbox 360 is spelled Xbox360 over and over again. 
2. A clerk's opinion does not represent the whole franchise. 
3. Truthfully, I don't give a shit if Gamestop is biased one way or the other. Who really cares?