"
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By kagekage

Personally, I think that any hardcore gamer that works at a gamestore will always be biased.
The Gamespot I have in my town has a couple of Xbox fanboys and like 2 PS3 fanboys working there. Oh and there's a black guy! (Chillax joke.)
I see them debating quite a lot, and I usually join in on the conversations. It really makes me feel comfortable shopping there.
Anyways back to my point.
I don't think that Gamespot's postition can be reflected through their workers.
Short and sweet answer, NO.

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By RankRabbit

They are biased towards money, and ripping people off, that's why I don't go there.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By harrisonave

1) You asked the man an honest question and he gave you an honest answer.  You can't ask a person a question, and then accuse them of something when you don't like their answer.
2) While you may not agree, what they told you was pretty much true...
3) That one store does not support the opinion of the entire GameStop coroporation.

See?  This is what I mean with people on the Internet just throwing around the word biased without really know what it means or how to use it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@kagekage: Are they debating about lynching the black guy?
NOW GAMESTOP IS RACIST TOO!
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Are Gamestop clerks not allowed opinions?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@creamypies: Haven't you heard? They're just brainwashed automatons programmed to push pre-orders and Game Informer on you.
THEY'RE OPINIONS ARE MANDATED BY A MAN IN THE SHADOWS OF A SMOKEY ROOM WHO DECIDES ALL THINGS THAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD BY WATCHING TWO MONKEYS PLAY POKER!

No Caption Provided
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By wizdom
@Godwind:
No, it depends on were you go at really, I haven't notice any bias at the ones I visit in my area.
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Slippy

So basically their opinion is only valid if the favor the PS3. Gotcha.
Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Jerr
@Godwind said:
" So I went over to my local gamestop to pick up some Wii points, and 2 gamecube games.  I decided to ask the clerks, "which do you think is the better system?"  So they responded Xbox360.  I asked why and they said "A better online system and the PS3 is lost exclusives like Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13."   I also highlighted to them that the PS3 has more exclusives as of to date.  Then they responed "If the Xbox360 breaks, its still under warranty.  If the PS3 breaks, it costs $175 to fix."  I felt there was a since of stupidity coming the guys. 1) They only acknowledged the red ring of death.  Not other issues such as scratching discs and other issues that occur with the system. 2) While the PS3 and Xbox360 share a fair amount of games, The Xbox360 and the PC share a fair amount games which doesn't mean there are as many exclusives to the system.  I actually asked a few different stores with similiar results.  You think this is Gamestop being biased? "
Two douchebag clerks at a counter don't represent the monstrosity that is gamestop
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By agentboolen

Sounds like a honest answer to me. For your PS3 having more exclusives then the Xbox 360 (which I honestly don't know how true that is) it would mostly be because companies sided with Sony during the PS2 era making deals for exclusive PS3 games. But lets face it when games like Virtua Fighter 5, Devil May Cry 4, Teken 4 and FF13 do decide to ditch the exclusive PS3 deal there is a problem for Sony. Right now if Sony keeps up with pricing like they finally have with Xbox 360, things might get closer but at the moment I think Xbox 360 does come out the funner system... And this is coming from a guy that just got his red ring 2 weeks ago and doesn't have a 360 to play at the moment. 

Now I will point out that with such dominates sony had with the PS2 they should have had no problem beating the Xbox 360, but that blue ray thing boosting the price $200 really hurt them.