• 77 results
#1 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

#2 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by XTraFries (209 posts) -

no.

That's why it's premium content.

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14330 posts) -

Jeff said on Formspring that they don't currently have plans to do that. It might happen at some point, but don't hold your breath.

I don't have any problem with that stuff becoming free to all after like 6 months or something, but anything shorter than that seems to greatly diminish the benefits of subscribing. But I can see the benefits to keeping it locked away too.

#5 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Maybe like 1 or 2 episodes of each new feature. To show off what your missing.

#6 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

no

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (3020 posts) -

I'd be fine with it. I can't imagine it would have a positive impact on the amount of subscriptions Whiskey Media receive, though, so I don't know that it's such a good idea for them.

#8 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Man, now even I am getting sick of talking about premium vs. free content.

#9 Posted by Bocam (3669 posts) -

Don't care, I'm sure there a torrent of that shit somewhere. Look for it, if you're so fucking cheep

#10 Posted by animathias (1161 posts) -

I think the first quarter of each new feature's first episode should be free to show folks what they're missing, but besides that, no. Why subscribe when the content will be free 6 months from now?

#11 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

I should have added 90 days and 180 days I gess.

#12 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

Nope. No reason for ppl to sub if it is just time locked. Also, I suspect they will have some free content to promote memberships - like the monthly free happy hour was.

#13 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Someday this will all blow over.

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11823 posts) -

No. If it did, I would never subscribe.

#15 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

No. They need to have some reason to encourage people to subscribe. They are running a business after all.

#16 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

You should only be able to access it if you are a member. Free Loaders aren't entitled to anything.

#17 Posted by onarum (1999 posts) -

Of course not, if that is ever to happen it should be something like 6 months or more, 30 days is not nearly enough to encourage subscriptions.

#18 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4907 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

Jeff said on Formspring that they don't currently have plans to do that. It might happen at some point, but don't hold your breath.

I don't have any problem with that stuff becoming free to all after like 6 months or something, but anything shorter than that seems to greatly diminish the benefits of subscribing. But I can see the benefits to keeping it locked away too.

6 months would be awesome. But if they would made it free after a year, I would be happy with that too.

#19 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
#20 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

Nah. When a movie has been out for 2 weeks, they don't let you just walk right in. Buy a ticket, or scram.

#21 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

another one of these threads. No it would not be good for potential subscribers if stuff will be seen evanutally.

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Elusionar said:

I shouldn't have made this poll.

Fixed
#23 Posted by Fobwashed (1888 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

I wonder if she's ever been recognized on the streets as the never girl.

#24 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

I wonder if she's ever been recognized on the streets as the never girl.

Nah, Reggie ate her.

#25 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2453 posts) -

No thanks, they can keep their left-overs. I am not a dog under the table.

#26 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

No. If it did, I would never subscribe.

This right here. Making it free would devalue the incentive to pay for a subscription.

#27 Posted by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@MattyFTM said:

6 months would be awesome. But if they would made it free after a year, I would be happy with that too.

What are you people talking about? 6 months? a year? We live on the internet you know, new videos get put out everyday. How relevant would these be in 6 months to a year? Thats like when they were talking about splitting up the bombcast to an hour this week and another hour next week, pointless.

I voted for 30 days because a month feels about right if they were to do it. But I don't think it should go free at all, premium content is there for the subs otherwise 'early access' seems a bit lame.

#28 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

I don't get it. If this content is so important, why don't you subscribe? It's either so important that you feel forced to subscribe, or so unimportant you shouldn't be creating these topics in the first place. And you don't have the money, well, I'm so sorry, but that's the way this stuff works.

#29 Posted by Flappy (2114 posts) -

Never.

#30 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

No, they should not do this ever... at all... ever. It would greatly devalue the premium memberships of those currently with them and give non-members less reason to subscribe in the future.

#31 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

@Axxol said:

@Elusionar said:

Fixed

Dude not cool.

#32 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

Elusionar, more like Disillusioned.

#33 Edited by Karkarov (2942 posts) -

Sure why not let it eventually go public, but yes it should take awhile. Like at least a month minimum maybe 3 or more. Personally I don't understand why Vinny playing a random pc game is a pay vid but the podcast isnt? One takes little to no effort to create and do over and over and the other requires hours of planning and organization and editing. If you are going to make something premium only shouldnt it be well... a premium item? I just don't see random pc games and such as very ... premium.

#34 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Nay, only us enlightened few should have access.

#35 Posted by chilibean_3 (1611 posts) -

@Elusionar said:

@Axxol said:

@Elusionar said:

Fixed

Dude not cool.

Nah, it was pretty cool.

#36 Posted by Baconbot (113 posts) -

Nope.

#37 Edited by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

Never. It defeats the whole purpose of being a subscriber, and trust me, they want that money.

You want the premium videos/content? Subscribe. End of story. These threads need to stop.

#38 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

@SomeJerk said:

Elusionar, more like Disillusioned.

You are some jerk!

#39 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3770 posts) -

No way jose. I like the idea of occasionally having a free version of that content like once a month or whatever but premiums for them what pay for it.

#40 Posted by RandyF (137 posts) -

Well, MAYBE they could get away with it for the monthly's, but the people who paid for a year would be royally screwed if they saw it and wanted to cancel. I know that if that were to happen, they would lose me as a subscriber, and I'm sure many others. It just doesn't make business sense.

#41 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

No.  The cost of a yearly memberships is $50, the cost of a game, it's not that big of a deal. 

#42 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Why would I have signed up then? Subscriber content should remain subscriber content.

#43 Posted by Clubvodka (410 posts) -

released*

#44 Edited by StriderNo9 (1077 posts) -

Yeah sure, I don't pay for exclusive content, I pay to keep the site running, it's effing great.

#45 Posted by SeanFoster (854 posts) -

Nope. If you'd care to watch Premium content months or years later, you should probably just become a paid member otherwise you probably don't care about the premium stuff anyway.

#46 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

These fucking threads are almost verging on the point of begging, for fuck's sake.

#47 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

no its premium for a reason.

Also

@Branthog said:

These fucking threads are almost verging on the point of begging, for fuck's sake.

this.

#48 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I wonder if someone actually has downloaded all the premium videos and put them up as a torrent in some pirate site, that would be crazy.

#49 Posted by CustomOtto (442 posts) -

Sure, let's make all premium content no longer premium content. Seems fair to me.

#50 Posted by unordinarily (100 posts) -

@Karkarov: The Bombcast talks a lot about what's already being put on the site. The team talks about video games they're playing and what they think about those games. You can find that information on their twitters or in the reviews they write. They talk about news..which is clearly already on the site. New releases? Yep. E-mails! People who aren't subscribers e-mail them, I'm thinking, and if the Bombcast was put behind the pay wall then they might not hear answers.

Vinny and Dave playing random games for hours and their hilarious commentary? That is some EXCLUSIVE shit. Most people who subscribe to GB have some sort of affection for the GB guys and care about seeing them do stuff behind the scenes.