• 68 results
#1 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I do. I think it's one of the main reasons why it looks so cluttered, because nothing is separated by clear lines, it's just grey on black.

Brad did say there will be an optional white skin for the site soon, but I still feel the current site colours need brightening up a tad. Other then that, the site looks great.

#2 Posted by Clean (2359 posts) -

I think its dark in the way there are sick people here and the things I have seen cannot be unseen.......

#3 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Clean said:
"I think its dark in the way there are sick people here and the things I have seen cannot be unseen.......
"
Indeed that one thread.........guh.............
#4 Posted by Bureksasutlijom (175 posts) -

I guess it has to do with color of the bomb...

#5 Posted by voi666 (25 posts) -

a white background option would be cool.

white on black/grey becomes blurry over time.
#6 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

I like the colour scheme personally, although I find looking at the site for extended periods of time does something to my eyes.... maybe I should just get glasses.

#7 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
elliooo said:
"I like the colour scheme personally, although I find looking at the site for extended periods of time does something to my eyes.... maybe I should just get glasses.
"
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My eyes feel all messed up after looking at this site for so long
#8 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

its a bit dark, but not bad.

#9 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -

I like it. Though these forum posts are pretty damn plain.

#10 Posted by shimbibby (108 posts) -

I find the site to be beautiful. Super sleek design, everything's easy to navigate. I love the idea of a wiki video game database. All the editing options are super in-depth, its quite amazing. Definitely one of the nicest sites I've seen.

#11 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

I like it, its pretty slick.

#12 Posted by KnightsofRound (486 posts) -

I think it's awesome.  I hate bright colours for websites.

#13 Posted by CrazyCraven (173 posts) -

I really like it, the site has its own identity already.

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
MACacd said:
"I really like it, the site has its own identity already.

"
Agreed, its awesome.
#15 Posted by bwooduhs (1618 posts) -

i think thi color is fine but if they do decide to release a white one ar any color for that matter ill give them a try.

#16 Edited by FoxHoleDelta (20 posts) -

Personally, I feel they've left this out. With almost everything up for edits and customisation, I would've thought they'd have a few schemes you could choose from to browse in.

You could use colours red, yellow, white, grey and black. That's 3 different ones right there.

#17 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -

I like black.

#18 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -
KnightsofRound said:
"I think it's awesome.  I hate bright colours for websites.
"
I agree.
#19 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Racist.

No seriously, I think it looks pretty awesome like it is.

#20 Posted by AtomicEdge (310 posts) -

I like it, but more choice is always good I guess. Perhaps a bit more info under peoples avatars like wiki score and a bigger user-name would be good.

No signatures though.

#21 Posted by Snake_Pliskin (14 posts) -

I like it actually. Its a nice change from that gamespot blue.

#22 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

I quite like it. Particularly the top portion of the site, it lends the logo some sense of class. No doubt they will make some changes to the colour scheme for usability and so on if it is really hurting people. I like the highlighting effects when you scroll over forum topics, that's nice too.

#23 Posted by DannyBoy (16 posts) -

I like it, although I do see what you mean. It does feel cluttered at times.

#24 Posted by blu_magnet (258 posts) -

I love the style of this site, bright colors would make it look worse imo

#25 Posted by GumbieuK (120 posts) -

I quite like that colour scheme although it would be nice to have several colour schemes options to which to choose from.

#26 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

I don't mind it. I would like to have other options though. Like that other site.

#27 Posted by Aarny91 (3914 posts) -

I think you are being Racist.

#28 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

The darkness is the least of our worries. Maybe they will add a feature where you can choose the color scheme.

#29 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
tmontana1004 said:
"The darkness is the least of our worries. Maybe they will add a feature where you can choose the color scheme."
they will, i just hope it gets more content on here.
#30 Posted by MrMiyamoto (1272 posts) -

Some extra color would be nice...

#31 Posted by 11samype (70 posts) -

I like the color scheme, it matches the bomb pretty well.

#32 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Colour scheme is OK but the font used in the left border needs changing.

#33 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

I honestly think this colour is easy on the eyes, but that's just me.

#34 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

I dig it the way it is. I think I'm going to keep it this way even if they'll add more color schemes.

#35 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

I like the colors. Then again I like the darkness.   =)

#36 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

You see, the thing is that when they started the new site, they didn't just want to iterate on the old one.  They're rebooting the entire Giant Bomb franchise.  This new Giant Bomb features a dark, gritty realism that really resonates with today's youth.

#37 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -
samcotts said:
"I do. I think it's one of the main reasons why it looks so cluttered, because nothing is separated by clear lines, it's just grey on black.

Brad did say there will be an optional white skin for the site soon, but I still feel the current site colours need brightening up a tad. Other then that, the site looks great.
"
naaah, you'll get used to it, its all that bright blue shit thatll make you go blind :P
#38 Posted by aemaeth (220 posts) -
Too Dark?

What?
#39 Posted by Hastur (12 posts) -

I too think it could use some more color, but I like the dark theme.

#40 Posted by Aarny91 (3914 posts) -

Racist bastards.

#41 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

i think it's a cool colour scheme. Speaking from a designers point of view, it's hard to do something like this without just bastardizing your layout; because there's so many boxes nested in boxes nested in boxes, if you were to try and go a complete different direction with one particular colour it could really fuck up parts of the site and make them look shitty.

Simple but effective monochrome is good for a site of this nature.

#42 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -
aemaeth said:
"Too Dark?

What?
"
I know man, Im buying some freaking sun glasses for this
#43 Posted by RVonE (4700 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"tmontana1004 said:
"The darkness is the least of our worries. Maybe they will add a feature where you can choose the color scheme."
they will, i just hope it gets more content on here.
"

Why not add the content yourself? I mean, that is the purpose of this site.
On topic: I really like this dark look. It's nice and clean and works well with my eyes at night.
#44 Posted by BionicIguana (142 posts) -

White text on black is much easier on the eyes imho, I don't mind the site as it is but I'm always open minded to changes

#45 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

I like the color scheme, however, I'm sure as with anything it could use a dash of color..lol!

#46 Posted by MrVegeta (106 posts) -

Racist.

#47 Posted by phatkav (304 posts) -

seems normal to me. don't mind the layout being too dark since i don't like the light whitish layouts like 1UP and IGN.

#48 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

i love when sites have dark backgrounds, it give my eyes a break :)

#49 Posted by mgsninja (26 posts) -

I have no problems with it.

#50 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

it's alright but they should change the post background to black instead of gray.