Do you think there is a certain age to Stop gaming?

• 157 results
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By regularassmilk

Nope. Gamers can be totally accepted at any age, just ask OldSchool. He's married, has two kids and still games and posts like a motherfucker.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By Deusoma
@DarkGamerOO7 said:
" I will play video games until I get so old my fingers will fall off if I continue. Video Games are for all ages, and all ages enjoy them. I will still be playing video games when I'm like 70. What the hell else am I supposed to do all day while I'm retired? :P "
What he said.
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By Hunkulese

If gaming is stopping you from getting married, getting your own place, or having kids then you should stop. 

Gaming is like any other hobby and there's no reason why you can't find time for it. 

If you're 21 you better learn some time management and figure out what needs to come before gaming or you're going to find yourself in trouble soon.

Haizeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Haizeus

My step father plays MW2 daily. I have a fifty year old in my mag clan. I'm certain it has been said in this thread at some point as it's a fairly popular phrase, but

You don't stop gaming when you get old, you get old when you stop gaming.

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Aljosa15

Absolutely not.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#156  Edited By Whisperkill

The age arthritis starts to kick in...

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By auspiciousqueue

You should never stop something that you enjoy doing. You may, as others have said, find less time to play video games. There may be times when you need to reduce stress by playing, or play with your family as 'together time'. When you become older, you realize there is a time and place for everything and that you have responsibilities that take precedence over video games. You should always have a hobby, just in moderation.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#158  Edited By cornbredx

I'm 27. I feel gaming is just another hobby. Some people collect stamps, or build models; I play video games. Mainly you just have to realize that you wont always have time to game 16-24 hours a day, and honestly older you get (depending on the person maybe) you shouldn't want to.  

These days I play games when I have free time, usually after work and a little on weekends. I used to game ALOT (im talking all nighters, some times all weekend, LAN parties with a bunch of friends and CS 1.6 or something crazy), but as you get older you have to find a balance (like someone else said).  If you come to a point where you feel its to much or you have to give something up or your just not enjoying it, thats the point when you have to stop. Whether or not this happens is up to the person, their events in life, and how they feel about playing games. There is no point definitively where you have to stop playing games, though, its really up to you if that time comes where you dont want to play.  

That being said, being a gameplayer shouldnt be hindering anything. Its a hobby and should remain one. Ya some games are addicting and attention grabbing but ive had long stints where I just didnt want to play anything that was coming out. I think i went a year or so one year where nothing new interested me and I wasnt sure If i was just getting to old to game. Nah, they just weren't interesting games to me, I still like to game hehe, i just played old games all year that year.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By jmrwacko
@CornontheCobbe said:

Do you think there is a certain age to Stop gaming?

"
Nope, you'll be doing it 'til you're old and saggy, with or without a woman at your side. All your grandkids will think you're a weird, dirty old man, but you won't mind, because at this point, it's the only thing that keeps you going in the face of sexual barrenness and the closing veil of death.

Oh, you said gaming. Wrong topic.