#1  Edited By bhhawks78
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bhhawks78

Not sure why the body of my text was lost, long post cut short, I don't mind annual COD/GH/Need for speed because I like 6 hours of a cod campaign and a weekend of MP once a year or 2-3 hours of music gaming every 4-5 months etc.  Is this because I usually only rent these types of games?  What about y'all?

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

I haven't rented a game since the PS1 days.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By melcene

I don't think I've rented a game since before the original Xbox was on the market.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nickux

I rent most games but make sure to buy titles I have a huge interest in like Fallout New Vegas. Also, I tend to rent shorter games such as Vanquish but, no, the rental model doesn't change my view of them. As far as annual sequels go- it depends on the game. If it's a good game like Black Ops then that's cool but not all sequels are so lucky. Guitar Hero, for example.

SCOOTMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SCOOTMAN

Games that get rented are ones I know I won't probably play after I finish the campaign once. If there isn't much re-playability, I probably won't buy it.

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ___pocalypse

I don't rent games specifically, but I borrow plenty of games from friends and check them out from my work (used books/movies/music/games etc. store). Usually though, if it's a game I'm interested in I buy it right away. It's the ones I'm unsure about that I borrow. 

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By frankxiv

i rent most games that aren't on pc. i'm not against buying games i enjoy, i am just not the type to get real into multiplayer or replay the singleplayer a bunch no matter how long it is.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

I rent most of my games and buy the ones with a lot of good replay value and multiplayer.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zithe

Just canceled my GameFly account. Right now I'd answer C, but I will probably move to A soon. Annual sequels don't give developers enough time to make a game worth paying for again.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Last time I rented a game was when the PS2 came out.
Boogey131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Boogey131

The poll options don't seem to match the thread topic too much, I rent all of my games, but it has nothing to do with how often a game gets a sequel, just my current pitiful income. I think rentals allow me to look at a game and critique it more accurately because I'm not letting the value proposition enter into it. A bad game at 60 bucks is still a bad game at 10. And if a game is truly great, then the 60 bucks price-tag isn't an issue, REGARDLESS of how many/little hours of gameplay it offers. 

The biggest way rentals alter my thought process is in the games I choose to play. I play far more niche/average games because I don't need to worry about spending a months income on a game I only think is ok.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bibledoctor

I haven't rented a game in years. I never enjoyed renting anything to be honest.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By FancySoapsMan

the last two games I rented I played for about 2 hours each.

I don't like renting games, I feel like I have to make myself play them in order to beat them.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

Haven't rented a game in a long time;  they don't seem to support it so much anymore.  I used to enjoy it a lot, but with so many games being so much cheaper now it just makes sense to buy instead.  I can rent for $8 or own for $10, while risking $1 a day late fees if I rent instead?  It takes about a week of gameplay to break even on that deal -- any game with less content than that isn't worth either renting or buying.

So I used to rent (back when nearly all games were $30-$50), and now buy as long as things are cheap (as they often are on services like Steam, or used games in stores).

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, I don't think I look at them differently. I rent each of them with the possibility of buying them later on, so I suppose I gauge them just like I would if I purchased them, except I don't have to worry about being so disappointed if the rental sucks.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Only ever rented terrible games that got quick looks to play with friends and Darksiders because I was low on cash and new I didn't care enough to beat the game more than once.

Avatar image for rinsewashrepeat
RinseWashRepeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RinseWashRepeat

I feel that with rented games I don't giove them as much time to 'grab me' as I would a game I buy. 

If I'm struggling to enjoy a game, even though I've "heard good things about it", I'll just ship it back and get a different game. I find myself getting through games quickly and maybe not enjoying them as much as I could. I need to get value for money on my LoveFilm account so I send them back as soon as I can. 

Probably not the best way to enjoy games...
Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kjellm87

Always buying, otherwise it would be stressful to complete with all the other things I have to do.
I remember renting Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse, got to the mountain and had to take it back not short after, in that age the fact I couldn't see rest of the game was terrible.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By RobotHamster

I'll rent games if I feel I can beat them in less than a weekend and I don't feel the need to play through it again or get everything in it.  I'll buy the game if I think it's a great game I feel I should own or if I like the multiplayer enough to last a few months.  But it really depends on how much money I have at the time which usually is not much.