#1 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3376 posts) -

#2 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3376 posts) -

My two cents, WiiU coming out and I own a 3ds but don't really follow up on releases for the shop a whole lot. Would love to see Jeff revive this thing so I can get my news on the latest hot releases from the Nintendo shop.

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

No, no, a million times no. I would hate to see him waste his time on that when he could be doing other things on the site. The first couple times were ok, but it got real old real quick and stopped being funny.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24771 posts) -

Jesus Christ, no. Hell no. It was a terrible waste of time and space when Jeff first created it, the joke has been long since played out, and it's become yet another Giant Bomb in-joke that the community has beaten to death, along with <> and China Don't Care. So in the name of all that is good and pure, stop asking for its return.

#5 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I PREDICT that everyone will vote Yes, even thought that's not really the best option. I thought the cast was super funny, we all did, but it wouldn't stay funny if it came back for another 5 or 6 episodes because that's not how jokes work. Pissing off Ryan was funny, tricking Brad n Vinny was funny, having a comedy improv character on for an episode was funny, and I think it'd take some creative thinking to actually come up with a fun idea for even one episode to be worth doing, that's not just the scaffolding of "check out how dumb these game descriptions are".

I think Jeff is gonna continue doing fun, dumb, joke stuff, and I don't think there's enough material left in the E-SHOP WELL that actually makes it useful or fun to work with. I do totally support Jeff catching some new fever though, and exploring whatever that is.
Real talk: I am TOTALLY straining not to write some really cynical shit about memes.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Jesus Christ, no. Hell no. It was a terrible waste of time and space when Jeff first created it, the joke has been long since played out, and it's become yet another Giant Bomb in-joke that the community has beaten to death, along with <> and China Don't Care. So in the name of all that is good and pure, stop asking for its return.

even so it should still be added back into the main podcast; the quality of the releases are getting good enough that they don't deserve to be sectioned off into their own thing (they mention a couple but they hardly mention them all)

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24771 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

even so it should still be added back into the main podcast; the quality of the releases are getting good enough that they don't deserve to be sectioned off into their own thing (they mention a couple but they hardly mention them all)

But there's no reason for it to exist. Everything that Jeff's podcast was created to mock has already been fixed. The 3DS eShop is a million times more informative and usable than the DSi and Wii shops.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Hailinel: ... (I was talking about just adding them into the new releases section as is without special treatment)

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24771 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel: ... (I was talking about just adding them into the new releases section as is without special treatment)

(Oh. Well then, carry on! Nothing to see here.)

#10 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Oh they include GOOD e-shop releases in the podcast anyway, like Crashmo!

#11 Posted by csl316 (8662 posts) -

The rational and smart answer is no, but the correct answer is god yes.

#12 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

When he stopped, I stopped listening.

#13 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

I think a SPECIAL BROADCAST for the WiiU eShop would be appropriate. We need in-depth discussion of the downloadables offered.

#14 Posted by Nev (548 posts) -

No, not really. It was fun at the time, for sure, but I'd just rather they read some of the descriptions on the Bombcast, all mock the goofiness of the descriptions, we all have a laugh, then move on to emails.

#15 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

as much as i liked it, i wouldn't want to see any more of it. the last thing i would want is for the novelty of it to overstay its welcome and the joke to be overdone.

#16 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

I would like them to point out Nintendo Download Releases of concern in an expressed manner.

#17 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I think e-shop press releases have stopped being stupid in that amazing way so it'd be pretty hard for it to resurge.

What's really important is that the bombcast needs way more of that amazing shop music. Hopefully Wii U shop music is on par.

#18 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

How is this even a question? FUCK YES...OF COURSE I DO!!!!

#19 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

They should just re-add Nintendo downloads to the new releases again, they are of a better quality now than they used to be.

#20 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

A section in the Bombcast, certainly. But the X-press had its moment, and it was hilarious, but it peaked after the video (and The Ricker). I like the idea of having another "storyline" like Jeff's descent into madness and Ryan as the villain, though. Just something extra-silly to break up the routine now and then.

#21 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

Only if more time will be given to The Corn Nuts Chips' Nutty Chip Clip Tip of the Week

#22 Edited by benpicko (2008 posts) -

Only if Rick "The Ricker" Petersen is a permanent guest.

Edit: Spelt the god's name wrong.

#23 Posted by Nightriff (5080 posts) -

Yes to the bombast, they are games and good quality like everyone else is saying. We won't ever get moments like 2010 with these stupid games and reads. That was a time of its own and probably should stay that way. Quit while you are ahead

#24 Posted by Catarrhal (833 posts) -

@benpicko said:

Only if Rick "The Ricker" Petersen is a permanent guest.

Exactly. No Ricker = no interest.

#25 Posted by Cathryn (546 posts) -

I wouldn't mind if they did it every once in awhile on the Bombcast in the event of a very, very amusing set of e-shop release notes, but I don't want it back every week and I'm not sure I'd want it on a separate podcast either.

#26 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Oh god yes.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Hizang said:

They should just re-add Nintendo downloads to the new releases again, they are of a better quality now than they used to be.

@ShaggE said:

A section in the Bombcast, certainly. But the X-press had its moment, and it was hilarious, but it peaked after the video (and The Ricker). I like the idea of having another "storyline" like Jeff's descent into madness and Ryan as the villain, though. Just something extra-silly to break up the routine now and then.

This is generally my thoughts on the matter. They announce everything that comes out on every other platform (other than iOS: for that, you go to Russ Frushtick, I guess) and there are good eShop games coming out now. Rather than sporadic QLs that are 10-20 minutes long, I'd rather they take the total 5-10 minutes to say what's on the platform and if it's interesting or not. I don't think there's the flood of software there used to be, and the descriptions are obviously way shorter than they used to be.

#28 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

I really only say 'Hell yes' for the fact that my memories of its joy is perhaps coloured by nostalgia. Really, they should just mention the most notable ones on the Bombcast, and move along without giving it too much thought (although Jeff will constantly ask for the descriptions, and that will be funny in its own right.)

Aw, but it used to be so good...

#29 Posted by Giefcookie (600 posts) -

I thought it stopped for a good reason. They stopped writing stupid descriptions for the stuff so there was no point in reading em out anymore.

#30 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

No, not really. It was a novelty thing, it had its purpose back then, but right now, I'd prefer if he did more of his Jar Time videos. They have actual quality, compared to just reading stupid descriptions for shovelware in a funny voice.

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Nah, the gag's run it's course, it was funny while it lasted but, come on, I've had enough of lonesome Jeff and his funny voices.

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It's not about the releases. It's about Jeff acting like the most depressing man on the planet.

#33 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

The specific reason that was given for their discontinuation was because Nintendo changed their press releases to not be nearly as ridiculous, supposedly because of the Ninten-download X-Press alone.

It was fun for the time, but I really don't think I want to see it come back. It would be like Limp Bizkit getting back together for a new album.

#34 Posted by NegativeCero (3002 posts) -

The Bombcast is already too long, which I find funny because Ryan cut the Nintendo downloads because they took too long. I would rather Jeff do more videos showing off old games.

#35 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

Of course! The train must keep rolling!

I could be a cool sideshow with wacky guests like Rick, The Ricker.

#36 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3867 posts) -

I don't know if the magic is there without the terrible copy he had to read. I do think the Ricker needs to make a comeback. For real.

#37 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

I just want it to be back as an excuse to listen to its theme song and Rick "The Ricker" Petersen

#38 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

It's not about the releases. It's about Jeff acting like the most depressing man on the planet.

Seriously. I think most of you guys missed the point of why that whole thing was hilarious. Super depressed Jeff pretending to be excited about terrible eShop games. It was never about the actual games.

#39 Posted by Ben_H (3355 posts) -

That was always my favourite part of the Bombcast: seeing if Nintendo could out-terrible themselves each week.

#40 Posted by Zaccheus (1793 posts) -

Oh the memories... Let's cherish them in our minds and not ruin them by attempting to recreate them.

#41 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (410 posts) -

With the launch of the WiiU and the addition of many of that consoles games to the eShop, maybe we'll see some new Nintendo Downloadables coverage...?

but I doubt it.

#42 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Look, I know we have fun here guys, but let's be honest. NDX was hilarious, but the joke is dead.

#43 Posted by theuselessgod (318 posts) -

I thought it was absolutely hilarious, especially early episodes with "guest" appearances. I dunno if they could attach it back to the Bombcast; they spend 3+ hours a week without that stuff. But Jeff's funny enough on his own, can't get enough.

#44 Posted by 49th (2756 posts) -

It used to be my favourite segment on the podcast, when Jeff sometimes hosts the podcast and starts going through the eShop stuff again it makes me laugh every time.

Put it back into the Bombcast!

#45 Posted by Cybexx (1170 posts) -

The complaint from Jeff was that since the 3DS launched the copy-text has grown far more bland and thus less interesting to read. That and Nintendo themselves are doing a better job these days making sure people are aware what is in the eShop. So the information is less needed and its less interesting to read.

However having used the WiiU eShop a bit yesterday I can say that the new hole Nintendo has in their eShop information is that they don't list the install size of the game till after you've added money to your wallet. It should be listed in the details section but its not. They've mercifully finally given up on 'Blocks' and are listing things in MBs but with the full retail price these games are going for and the fact that many of them are fairly large compared to the amount of internal storage I think this is kind of unacceptable. Until Nintendo solves this (which could take a while based on their track record) I think we need some place on the web that lists these install sizes. Probably not appropriate for a podcast but might be good for the wiki.

#46 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

I think its time has passed. Let it die people.

#47 Edited by Itwongo (1198 posts) -

I remember when I would try my damnedest not to laugh in the college library whenever I would listen to the eShop segment of the Bombcast. I could never hold it in. I miss that.

NDX never hit me the same way.