• 65 results
#1 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -
#2 Posted by EuanDewar (5041 posts) -

Only if there's a chance of a secret cutscene at the end of it.

#3 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

never, i usually go make a cup of coffee

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

You never know what might be after the credits.

#5 Posted by Aishan (1020 posts) -

I usually browse on my PC, watching them out of the corner of my eye in case there's another scene after.

#6 Edited by Informant (84 posts) -

If it's a game that has really impressed me with the dialogue/voice acting/gameplay/game design/art content, I usually want to know who made all of it possible so I stick around then.

#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8145 posts) -

If the game was good, and credits have a nice soundtrack + cool pictures.

#8 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

Yes.

I would like to see the names of the people who had to put up with all the bullshit just for the sake of entertaining me.

#9 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -
#10 Edited by Informant (84 posts) -

nice soundtrack + cool pictures.

I'd like to see more games just have credits full of concept art, I love to see stuff like that. Homeworld/Homeworld Cataclysm outro credits was probably some of the best I've seen. Baldur's Gate had some nice concept art/game design process elements in its credits too. In fact, I'd want to see more games just release all of their concept art but finding such things they end up either as collectors items, thrown away, or locked in a tiny cupboard so nobody else in the world can see them.

#11 Posted by SMTDante89 (2604 posts) -

Yeah, usually.

#12 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

Yes, because a lot of credit sequences are awesome and sometimes there is stuff after the credits.

#13 Posted by Aelric (400 posts) -

I do, but only to see if there is a joke or stinger or phone call to the president at the end.

#14 Posted by probablytuna (3744 posts) -

Yeah I tend to stay for the credits. It's the least we can do to acknowledge the people behind the development of the games we play.

#15 Posted by Ryanmc94 (60 posts) -

If I liked the game then I always feel i should at least acknowledge the people who made it. Plus sometimes there is a rather awesome name that will just completely take me by surprise. For example Mr Nolan North in Portal 2. There is no way I would have known about that.

#16 Posted by GrandMarshal (389 posts) -

Yes because of many reasons, either there is an awesome ironic song playing, there is an achievement involved, extra story cutscene or dialog or no button on the controller that will skip the credits.

#17 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -
#18 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I never skip credits but I don't actually pay full attention when watching them usually. If they put on a video in the background or some pictures show up I watch more attentively.

#19 Posted by alexl86 (627 posts) -

I don't skip them, but I've usually just sat down and played the game for a few hours, so I tend to my natural needs while the credits are scrolling.

#20 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2262 posts) -

Yes on the off chance that there's a surprise post credits scene.

#21 Posted by Mayu_Zane (611 posts) -

Yes, especially after meeting people who work in game dev studios. Human beings made that game you just played, at least take an interest in who did the favorite bits of your experience. In my case, I definitely always read the cast list and the list of concept artists/animators.

#22 Posted by OldGuy (1567 posts) -

Always. I also always stay for the credits after movies (when I <rarely> go - Having a 120" <3 meter> diagonal projector setup means I don't need to brave cell phones and sticky floors that often) and always watch them at home too.

#23 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2385 posts) -

I could watch to see who made a really exciting game, stuff during or after the credits or maybe just cause they picked a cool song.

#24 Posted by PenguinDust (12567 posts) -

As odd as it sounds, I always like to check and see if the credits include all the babies born to the staff during the production of the game.  Sometimes they're hidden among the messages, sometimes they have their own block, but you'd be surprised at how often this little news item winds up in games.

#25 Posted by mosespippy (4303 posts) -

Yes, because those people worked fucking hard and I admire their work.

#26 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Nope but I stick around to see if their will be anything after them.

#27 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Yup, I always do.

#28 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -

Yes, since there's usually something after the credits like in the game i just finished.  

MGS2:Sons of Liberty 

#29 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I never skip credits the first time round, but I'll probbaly get a drink or somthing.

#30 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

I usually let them run, though I don't sit through them.

#31 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Yeah I always do.

#32 Posted by Sin4profit (2961 posts) -

i leave them running, it's a tradition, but i don't scan through the names or anything.

#33 Posted by Vinny_Says (5720 posts) -

Halo Legendary endings are reason enough to watch credits.....remember that Halo CE legendary secret ending?

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (12113 posts) -

Yes, but often I do something else while they're running.

Fun Fact: There's someone that worked on Dead Space with the last name Peng.

#35 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i usually watch them. 

sometimes there are secret things at the end of the credits.

#36 Posted by Castiel (2670 posts) -

Yep!

#37 Posted by ajamafalous (12051 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

#38 Posted by petedee (67 posts) -

Usually, its something I've done since I was a kid and I see no reason to stop now :)

#39 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

You haven't beaten the actual game until it kicks you back to the title screen.

#40 Posted by YI_Orange (1163 posts) -

I never skip the credits, like everyone else I'm afraid of skipping something. I don't actually watch them though, usually I'll do something else, sometimes I'll sit there and passively watch them as I think though. Plus, credits can have some pretty good music with them.

#41 Posted by supermike6 (3593 posts) -

Yes, because it gives you time to think about what you just played. Also, there might be something after.

#42 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

MGS has trained me to always watched the credits through.

#43 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

The first time, always. I don't know why but it feels disrespectful to not when I've liked the game enough to finish it. 
I also enjoy finding people with awesome names in the fold.

#44 Posted by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Pretty much, I stick around until they drop you back to the menu screen.

#45 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Yep. Credit sequences can be entertaining, have good music, and might have some secret stuff at the end. Though, if it's something like a fighting game that plays the credits after every run through arcade mode, I might skip them after watching them once.

#46 Posted by StriderNo9 (1138 posts) -

Yes, I usually do.

#47 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

I like to sit there for 5-10 mins  and think about the game. Maybe laugh at some of the names and the thank you messages.

#48 Posted by JoeyRavn (4997 posts) -

I voted for "D", although it would be more correct to say that "only if there's SOMETHING ELSE involved afterwards", not just Achievements. Like a little epilogue or extra content. Otherwise, I skip them.

#49 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Always. There might be a hint of a sequel at the end, or something.

Imagine if you didn't watch the credits to something like FFX.

#50 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -

I always watch credits just in case there's something at the end.