Do your cases ever become damaged without you knowing?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

I pride myself on keeping my game collection tidy, organised, and well-treated. However, there are times where I come to play a game and I'll find that the case has mysteriously been damaged without my knowledge or doing. 

With the release of the Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 I naturally have picked up my copy of ME2 from my shelf to find that the plastic wrap that surrounds the box art has been damaged. This has puzzled as I have noticed this on a number of games that I treat with equal respect and do as much as I can to stop any possible damage from occuring.

So, I was wondering whether it was just that I have Gremlins in my household or whether this has happened to any of my fellow bombers.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Example1013

Most of my games are piled on my bedroom floor. The rest are in cloth bags. 

Both are in perfect condition. Basically, they don't get damaged because they don't get moved or stepped on. Since they're left untouched, there's no opportunity for damage.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

It could have been damaged by the games next to it being inserted and removed in too tight of a space.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zabant
@Zidd said:

" It being inserted and removed in too tight of a space. "

No Caption Provided
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By melcene
@FlamingHobo said:
"

I pride myself on keeping my game collection tidy, organised, and well-treated. However, there are times where I come to play a game and I'll find that the case has mysteriously been damaged without my knowledge or doing. 

With the release of the Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 I naturally have picked up my copy of ME2 from my shelf to find that the plastic wrap that surrounds the box art has been damaged. This has puzzled as I have noticed this on a number of games that I treat with equal respect and do as much as I can to stop any possible damage from occuring.

So, I was wondering whether it was just that I have Gremlins in my household or whether this has happened to any of my fellow bombers.

"
Dogs are much worse than gremlins, trust me. 

Usually the problems that you describe, if I have those, it was from trying to tear off stickers when we first got the item.  Maybe that's what you have going on too but didn't realize it because it's been a while? 

But the dog-chewed cases are the worst :(
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mnzy

I don't know.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Yes. They're called siblings.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

I sometimes leave my cases on the floor so it's bound to happen sooner or later, especially with those weak-ass cases they use now. It's not going to take much to crush one of those.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think they get all that damaged. i just think it gets scratched from normal wear and tear from sitting on a shelf all the time.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By flaminghobo
@PhatSeeJay said:

"Yes. They're called siblings. "

Heh, I make sure my siblings know their place with regards to my games! 
@Zidd said:

"It could have been damaged by the games next to it being inserted and removed in too tight of a space. "

That's the most likely cause. Didn't really think about that. 

MOOImAPigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MOOImAPigg

Im the same way. I like keeping my games neat and all. But sometimes I care a little to much about the Jewl Cases and Plastic cases etc, that I find they get broken. Especially Oblivion. I played that game alot, I had to replace the case twice. Anyway,  I find just not to keep em to tight together, and always make sure not to leave em on the ground. And usauelly my brother will break some -_- 

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Mighty

My COD4 box got randomly destroyed. 

I have my suspicions (I hate roommates)

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By CastroCasper

When I bought Bulletstorm the case pretty much crumbled into my hands when taking the plastic wrap off. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Once, I pulled my MGS2 box out of the bottom of a stack of games and saw that the box was lightly dented. I then looked at other boxes that were at the bottom only to see that they had the same, small dent. That was the last time I put my games on top of each other.