#1 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

My Kinect crapped out on me this morning. It's under warranty. I've heard some pretty bad things about Xbox support, so with it being under warranty will it be hassle free?

#2 Posted by Asmo917 (389 posts) -

I had an original 360 red-ring on me in 2008. Sent it in under warranty, got it repaired, no hassle, had it back in maybe two weeks? Worked fine for another year or so before I traded it in for an S version. I'm sure you'll hear a ton of horror stories, but my one encounter with them was smooth as silk.

#3 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

I have used them before to replace a Kinect in the UK. I rang them up, sent them the old Kinect and they sent me a new one within a week, smooth and hassle free.

#4 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

I think the horror stories come more from the Xbox Live accounts side of things.

#5 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

Alright, Thanks guys. It'll probably be fine, except I'll probably get a black kinect in return even though I have a white one.

#6 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -

As long as you have a warranty you should be fine.

#7 Posted by SargeGulp (237 posts) -

Actually my two experiences with XBOX support have both been relatively fantastic. Albeit that was partly due to the fact they were both native English speakers.

#8 Posted by pyrodactyl (1855 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: replaced my 360 maybe... 5 times? All under warranty. One time they didn't put an eternet plug in the console they sent me back but I sent it back and they rereplaced it. Aside from that the support did a fine job.

#9 Posted by mcmax3000 (268 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix said:

I think the horror stories come more from the Xbox Live accounts side of things.

That & hardware that's out of warranty. I had no problems with them when getting my in-warranty hardware fixed. I had mine back in a couple of days (because I live close to where they get shipped to/from here in Canada).

#10 Posted by 42manZ (105 posts) -

Other than sitting on the phone for a while, which is common enough with these things, there's nothing that makes it particularly complicated (as long as we're not talking about Live), so you'll be fine.

#11 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1500 posts) -

Way back when I had a 360, it red-ringed (of course), and I had to call in to get it fixed. I remember it being surprisingly pleasant.

Nintendo has always been the best support-wise. I had a DS sent to me in a box that I shipped my old one back in (zero downtime). I had a Wii start getting graphics artifacts, and even after I misunderstood their downloadable content policy and had an advance replacement sent, they hooked my Wii's account up with replacement copies of everything I'd lost.

#12 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1223 posts) -

I never had any issues with them and I learned a lot of people in India are named Richard.

#13 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1017 posts) -

When I called Xbox support, the guy was SUPER nice. This is for Xbox Live support though but my friend tells me hardware is the much easier process.

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Got my used 360 replaced just before the 3 year period. No troubles and got 3 months of live aswell.

#15 Posted by OldGuy (1492 posts) -

My single experience was quite good... now I presented a (I think) unusual problem which made it more fun...

In case you care, if you can do everything just fine in LIVE with two XBOXes on the same wireless network except play Borderlands (or Borderlands 2) together (even if it had been working just fine for you a couple of days before), consider plugging one into the network with a cable and you should be good.

#16 Edited by SolongWrex (148 posts) -

I've had to contact them once: My monitor's HDMI connection stopped working with the Xbox as a result of the NXE update back in 2008. I called them and answered a bunch of questions. They eventually fixed the issue in a couple of weeks. I was impressed by their response to such a limited compatibility issue. Then again I wasn't the first to call about it and obviously enough people had problems for them to be interested in fixing it.

#17 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

Xbox Support is one of the most helpful support lines I've called. I've had some shitty experiences, but the good far outweigh the bad. All customer support lines can give you bad experiences.

#18 Posted by believer258 (11560 posts) -

They gave me quite a discount on three more months of Xbox Live one day.

#19 Posted by BBAlpert (1354 posts) -

If a guy from support tells you that they'll still fix your Xbox if the seal sticker has been broken, but nothing inside's been tampered with or removed, do not fucking believe him. Found that out the hard way.

#20 Posted by GS_Dan (1401 posts) -
#21 Posted by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

My experiences with their support have always been fairly quick and painless.

#22 Posted by Consaw (249 posts) -
#23 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

The best thing about dealing with Xbox support is that they are all native English speakers. I still had a bad experience when I was canceling my gold and some guy kept asking me why.

#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I never had an issue with them, they did give me a brand new 360 after my first one crapped out.