DannyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DannyCool

If so, is there any specific reasons?

My impression is that its alot of hate towards G4 and AOTS.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By landon

I don't hate any shows on G4 that actually talk about video games. Ya know, the hour they manage to put in between the 6 hour Cops and Cheaters marathons.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Organicalistic_

i dont have any hate, i just dont like how cops is on all of the time

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yakov456

I know it's a natural progression for the channel, but when it went from all gaming stuff to a wannabe Spike Tv I was done. And AOTS was the worst part of the station, X-play the best part. And before X play I much preferred whatever the review show was with Tommy Tallarico.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By zidd

The show it replaced was much better. AOTS is too "LOL INTERNET" with not enough meaningful content. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Animasta
@yakov456 said:
" I know it's a natural progression for the channel, but when it went from all gaming stuff to a wannabe Spike Tv I was done. And AOTS was the worst part of the station, X-play the best part. And before X play I much preferred whatever the review show was with Tommy Tallarico. "
judgment day. I miss the old shows like Portal, Arena, etc
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By landon
@yakov456 said:
" I know it's a natural progression for the channel, but when it went from all gaming stuff to a wannabe Spike Tv I was done. And AOTS was the worst part of the station, X-play the best part. And before X play I much preferred whatever the review show was with Tommy Tallarico. "
Judgment Day.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jkz

I don't hate it, I just don't like the direction it has taken (or Olivia Munn - if she gets replaced by Alison Haislip I might actually start watching again). I actually think Kevin's pretty damn hilarious, and he was great on Screen-Savers. 

Also, everything else on G4 (barring X-Play, because Adam Sessler is one of my favorite game "journalists") is garbage. 

And yeah, Portal, Arena, et cetera were way better. 

You know what? I guess I just want Tech TV back.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

i find the blonde chick Alison Haislip to be terribly cute..... 

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dauragon

I haven't watched it several years now, but when I did, I hated it simply because it was the sorry replacement for The Screen Savers, and kind of the final nail in the coffin for the whole death of Tech TV. Maybe it's a cool show now, I have no idea. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate it, but I stopped watching when Olivia Munn took over for Sarah Lane. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Olivia all that much. : /

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crono11

I used to love the show until they got rid Brenden Moran and the show died to me.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jkz
@Soapy86 said:
" I don't hate it, but I stopped watching when Olivia Munn took over for Sarah Lane. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Olivia all that much. : / "
You are not alone in that, trust me.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

I stopped reading when you threw quotations into the mix, and to that question, I answer, "Yes." If you're gonna advertise yourself as a gaming network dedicate more of your time to video games instead of Cops and Cheaters.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NathHaw

I believe that a lot of the hate stemmed from gamers' reactions to G4's reformatting.  The channel used to be devoted to video games, and when the people behind the networked realized that there wasn't enough money in that, they started changing the format to include other types of shows.  Many people who were big fans of the network turned on it for selling out.  That's probably a lot of it.  A lot of people didn't like when Olivia Munn was added to AotS, because she knew very little about video games; there has been something about Kevin Pereira that has rubbed some people the wrong way for quite some time as well.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yakov456
@Soapy86 said:
" I don't hate it, but I stopped watching when Olivia Munn took over for Sarah Lane. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Olivia all that much. : / "
You are not the only one.
DannyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DannyCool

Ok, cool. Seems like its "ok" at least.

I too find that Alyson(?) chick damn cute. Maybe ill watch it cuz of her :-| (yeah i know pathetic)

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Warfare

I like  Attack of the Show.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By davidwitten22

OLIVIA MUNN.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kmdrkul

I don't mind the show as much as the awful hosts.  Olivia Munn is fucking annoying.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187
@Bloviator said:
" I believe that a lot of the hate stemmed from gamers' reactions to G4's reformatting."
This... 

@Soapy86 said:
...this... 

and the fact that if I wanted to watch people try to be comedians, I'd go watch reruns of Last Comic Standing... 

...not X-Play.
Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By raccoonusdoodus
@Landon said:
" I don't hate any shows on G4 that actually talk about video games. Ya know, the hour they manage to put in between the 6 hour Cops and Cheaters marathons. "
Exactly what I was going to say. X Play and Attack of the Show are the only decent shows on G4 anymore, which is why I stopped watching it. It's also worth mentioning that Kevin and Olivia have gotten very, very annoying. Adam and Morgan are okay, but Kevin and Olivia, ugh.
seanvail99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By seanvail99

Nerd-pandering - can't stand it.

icyroy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By icyroy05

Hating on G4 is the new cool thing to do.

How can you hate on any channel that shows COPS?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Daveyo520

Olivia is an idiot. Also it is not Screen Savers.

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DVombatus

I hate Olivia Munn.  It just got to the point where it wasnt worth watching the show at all due to her being there.   I've got no problems with KP though.

I love the show when Chris Hardwick and/or ANY other woman guest hosts. 

It would make me so happy if they expanded X-Play to an hour long, more in depth show and shrunk AoTS to a half hour.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Moridin

Bring back TechTV and The Screen Savers.  

/thread

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187

Man, I do miss Screen Savers.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Burns098356GX

I stopped caring about that show after they trashed Transformers 2. I mean, it wasn't the best movie, but how they put it was 'we watched 10 minutes and walked out'. Good journalism.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By sixghost
@crono11 said:

" I used to love the show until they got rid Brenden Moran and the show died to me. "

This is the truth. When the show was the 2 Kevins, Sarah Lane and Brendan Moran that show was something special. I think Sarah and Brenden actually got married.
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BestUsernameEver

The reason most 'gamers' or 'tech saavy' people dislike AOTS is because the cast and material is very poorly done. The cast, or a majority of them are what we call 'hipsters', that know little to nothing about what they are talking about. Chris Hardwick maybe knows the most out of all of them, but I even know more things about a basic DSLR, and that is sad. 

Reasons the cast are hipster, or do not know anything.

1. During tech reviews, the teleprompter is on, and rarely do the hosts improvise about the product and/or their experiences. Short answer, they are pretty faces Comcast hired (comcast owns G4 and NBC) to read a review someone else typed up on a teleprompter, (likely an intern getting no paycheck from the company, and is just there for a quick college credit, to move onto a likely successful, interesting job), that they had nothing to do with. Biggest example, Kevin P asked Olivia Munn a specific question about a Nokia phone a while back, and she was speechless. It was a simple ass question too. They have no idea what they are talking about, and that is why 'The Screensavers' kicked ass. (Now Revision 3, run by people who know what they are talking about, take for example, an ex Screensavers host, Kevin Rose. He went on the create the widely popular site, Digg.com. Not smart? Think again.

2. Material lacks core interest to fanbase. So, do you consider yourself a gamer, or at least someone interested in the medium? If so, why does Attack of the show constantly bring on celebrities, and expect you to be impressed? Because Attack of the show caters to posers and hipsters, who now think it is cool to look like a geek. I can tell you right now, the only perk to being a geek, or talented geek is the paycheck and passion. The hipster play on the chip tune, 8 bit cliche', and get no where, I hate 'em. So, now that we know who Attack of the show caters to, lets see the material they put on. First, random ass youtube videos of a kid singing a song about who knows what. If I were a person who the show advertises to, geeks, which I am, wouldnt they assume the geek crowd doesnt want to see stupid ass youtube videos, I thought so too. Two, they have constant updates of games, which is good, but it is so loose and airy, it makes  me mad they are not saying more. Know why they leave it at the second sentence of a game description, it's because that is all they know. 

3. Lame jokes.

I have nothing against the cute people on the show who admit they have no clue what they are talking about, mostly guests. But when a co host (Olivia Munn) is oblivious to a ton of shit, there is a problem with the show. 

And that is why some people dislike the show.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bones8677

I love Attack of the Show, especially when they have Olivia Munn eat hot dogs. Or have her wrestle in coleslaw. Or have her dress in a french maids outfit. Don't YOU see the relevance to video games and tech? huh? HUH!?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@icyroy05 said:
" Hating on G4 is the new cool thing to do.  How can you hate on any channel that shows COPS? "
True, but that has nothing to do with Gaming, which was the business model in the very beginning. So hating a channel for not showing what they advertise they do is justifiable.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Bones8677 said:
" I love Attack of the Show, especially when they have Olivia Munn eat hot dogs. Or have her wrestle in coleslaw. Or have her dress in a french maids outfit. Don't YOU see the relevance to video games and tech? huh? HUH!? "
Thank you for reassuring me I am not alone in this awful debate.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#36  Edited By EpicSteve

I just think the show itself doesn't have any direction. Like if someone asked me what ATS is about, I wouldn't be able to answer. I stopped watching about 4 months after Munn started co-hosting. Or I can watch 6 hour of Cops. G4 as a network is, for lack of better articulation, a waste of time and money. Hopefully Adam Sessler finds opportunity elsewhere.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Daveyo520 said:
" Olivia is an idiot. Also it is not Screen Savers. "
If you like(d) Screensavers, check out Revision 3, it is the same exact crew that was on screensavers. Then again, if you were smart enough to like that show, you already know about Revision 3.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PureRok

I don't mind G4 when there's nothing on; I'll watch it if Ninja Warrior, Unbeatable Banzuke, or Cops is on. Besides that I feel they are trying too hard to be another Spike TV, and since I don't like Spike that's a bad thing.

That, and Olivia Munn annoys me. I preferred the show when both the Kevins were on.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@PureRok said:
" I don't mind G4 when there's nothing on; I'll watch it if Ninja Warrior, Unbeatable Banzuke, or Cops is on. Besides that I feel they are trying too hard to be another Spike TV, and since I don't like Spike that's a bad thing.  That, and Olivia Munn annoys me. I preferred the show when both the Kevins were on. "
Kevin Rose kicks ass. And is a millionaire now, so I wonder who won in the end.....
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ch13696
@jukezypoo: If you're talking about Kevin  Pereira, I don't remember him being on the Screen Savers. Maybe just before they changed it to Attack of the Show. Kevin Rose on the other hand he was there through out Screen Savers and the beginning of Attack of the Show 

Anyways, there's three reasons why that network pisses me off. The first is of course Kevin Pereira. He's too much of a douche in my opinion. The second being there's only one show that relates to video games and thats X-Play. And third, remember when they did the auditions for the co-host for Attack of the Show? One of the rules they mentioned was no girls will be chosen for the co-host position. I know it's sexist, but so is being a guy trying to be a server at Hooters. Anyways, I was there at the auditions. There were a shit load of people. Maybe about 500 people came to this sausage fest. Out of all those people, they didn't choose any of them. After the auditions they said they chose 3 people to try out for the show. Each person for 1 week. They only had 1 person on the show and that was it. No one filled in that part. Except for Olivia Munn and I don't know how long it took them to do that. Freakin ridiculous. 
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By ki11tank

giant bomb > g4

by about 87 light years, there's just no point eating tofu if you got steak coming....

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NathHaw
@ch13696 said:

" @jukezypoo: If you're talking about Kevin  Pereira, I don't remember him being on the Screen Savers.  "

After he stopped doing Arena, he was on The Screen Savers with Kevin Rose and others.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Daveyo520
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
If you like(d) Screensavers, check out Revision 3, it is the same exact crew that was on screensavers. Then again, if you were smart enough to like that show, you already know about Revision 3. "

I kept up with Kevin Rose. I used to watch Diggnation a bunch.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By sixghost
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
If you like(d) Screensavers, check out Revision 3, it is the same exact crew that was on screensavers. Then again, if you were smart enough to like that show, you already know about Revision 3. "
rofl
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Dauragon said:
" I haven't watched it several years now, but when I did, I hated it simply because it was the sorry replacement for The Screen Savers, and kind of the final nail in the coffin for the whole death of Tech TV. Maybe it's a cool show now, I have no idea.  "
It isn't its gotten worse over the years since 2005.
ZeroRegistry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ZeroRegistry

I don't necessarily hate it, though I did prefer when it was The Screen Savers... hell, I preferred it when techTV was still around.  *sighs wistfully* 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArchScabby

It was good to watch before I had to go to work in the evening.  It wasn't very informative, but it was funny, and entertaining.  I liked the unprofessional nature of it.  Now that I wok in the morning though I haven't watched it for almost a year.

srpwrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By srpwrd

Basically what BestUsernameEver said. Olivia was the final stupid straw for me. I will flip over every now and then, for X play or one of the movies or odd tv shows that they show, but besides that it is trash.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By adoggz

G4 ruined Tech TV. It was probably for the best though. there is not much i care for on rev3 but it seems to be doing alright by them and i like a few things on twit. Tech TV wouldn't have survived anyway so i suppose I should be grateful to g4 for being horrible.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Daveyo520 said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
I kept up with Kevin Rose. I used to watch Diggnation a bunch. "
Yeah same here. I stopped watching because it was mostly them talking about beer, and kind of strayed away from the tech core. I really like how Kevin Rose is leaving Diggnation by the end of the year though.  He is making his own Screensavers show (fucking serious). It's going to be called fForward, not a misspell.  Of course Kevin Rose will host, and there is a rumor Sarah lane will step back into a spot in the show. It's also going to be on Revision 3, January 2011.