Does Gaming work on Dell Venue 8 Pro

jensejar002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have a dell venue 8 pro and I was wondering if steam games run on it??? And if they do do they run well or very choppy? Im not looking for brand new games more older games from 2003-2012. Also do mods work for games like skyrim??

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A $249 tablet doesn't sound like it would run much. Not to mention, "will steam games run on it" is one huge, broad question.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, gaming will not work on that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

You can probably run Doom, Doom's a great game.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

Games from 2003 sure, Neverwinter Nights will probably work fine. Games from 2012 fuck no, Skyrim wouldn't even boot.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

@hunkulese said:

No, gaming will not work on that.

That's not really fair. There are thousands upon thousands of PC games, some of those will run on anything and are quite good. Will it run Far Cry 4? No. Games like World of Goo and similar smaller, indie games, or maybe games like Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, would probably work well.

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@mb: Exactly.

It really just boils down to what you're trying to play, really. I myself have a mid-range PC that I really just use to play League of Legends on, but one site that I've found myself going to is this one. I've used it as a general ball park estimate on whether a game is going to do well or not.

Warning, don't take what it says as gospel, though. I've had instances where that site told me the game wouldn't run well, but turned out it ran fine. My friend also had it go the other way where the site told him he blew the recommended specs for Battlefield 3 out of the water, but he had frame rate issues when he finally bought it.

NinLover64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensejar002: I'm going to get the DV8P soon. It's really fast and capable of doing many things. It can even run games like Skyrim and Borderlands 2. Also Fallout 3. So idk much games but it's a good tablet. I gotta wait for mine >.>