This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gordoa (50 posts) -
#2 Posted by gordoa (50 posts) -

Discuss

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes, it's a good game that gets far more hate then it deserves imo.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36054 posts) -

I can't speak for the other games, but for Halo 3, no, not really. It's not a good game, and I'll leave it at that.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" I can't speak for the other games, but for Halo 3, no, not really. It's not a good game, and I'll leave it at that. "
Go away, you have no idea what you are talking about, and I can say that with confidence after reading your blog about Halo 3.
#6 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

AAA being a marketing term, as they discussed on the Giant Bomb podcast, Halo IS a AAA game, fact, whether you like it or not.  That was a bit of a run-on sentence.

#7 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
#8 Posted by Atomic_Tangerine (359 posts) -

My God, we already know how this is going to turn out.  If you live in an insular world where none of the shooters you play are made better by doing things that Halo did, I doubt this thread is going to change that.
#9 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Halo is a Triple A blockbuster smash hit that's actualy kind of mediocre to me.

#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
#11 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36054 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" I can't speak for the other games, but for Halo 3, no, not really. It's not a good game, and I'll leave it at that. "
Go away, you have no idea what you are talking about, and I can say that with confidence after reading your blog about Halo 3. "
Not this again. I said "I'll leave it at that." I'm willing to leave at "it's not good", can't you at least leave it at "I think it's good, but I respect your difference in opinion?"
#13 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

All of them do, in my opinion.

#14 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -

I played Halo for PC. Thought it was pretty meh.

#15 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" All of them do, in my opinion. "
seriously another thread about this subject?
#16 Posted by MassiveRiot (34 posts) -

No, to me it just an average shooter that just lead the way for Xbox, other then that it wasn't revolutionary to me, therefore it was just over hyped good, game but nothing fanatic as Mrs Pacman.... I kid but still nothing to go nuts about

#17 Posted by Phished0ne (2483 posts) -

I am torn on this.... 
 
Halo is a good game, but in all honesty, i never saw what made Halo so great.

#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" I can't speak for the other games, but for Halo 3, no, not really. It's not a good game, and I'll leave it at that. "
Go away, you have no idea what you are talking about, and I can say that with confidence after reading your blog about Halo 3. "
Not this again. I said "I'll leave it at that." I'm willing to leave at "it's not good", can't you at least leave it at "I think it's good, but I respect your difference in opinion?" "
Not when your reasons for saying it sucks are the most moronic things i've ever heard in my entire life. 
 
Example:  "I never played Halo 1 or 2 so I didn't understand the story in 3, so it sucks"
 
"I didn't know how to use deployable cover" (You press X for god sakes)
 
"I'm playing on easy and it's way to easy! so it sucks!"
 
"I've never played the multiplayer, but it sucks!"
 
Etc.
#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11485 posts) -

Haven't we had like 10 threads on this subject already?

Online
#20 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -

no. It innovated with CE and rehashed that game with bigger looking fisher price weapons in 2 and 3.

#21 Posted by gordoa (50 posts) -

A lot of the posters say no but the the first option is getting the most votes, why?
#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36054 posts) -
@CL60 said:
Not when your reasons for saying it sucks are the most moronic things i've ever heard in my entire life.   Example:  "I never played Halo 1 or 2 so I didn't understand the story in 3, so it sucks"  "I didn't know how to use deployable cover" (You press X for god sakes)  "I'm playing on easy and it's way to easy! so it sucks!"  "I've never played the multiplayer, but it sucks!"  Etc. "
Counter-examples:
 
I was able to understand the stories of the following games, despite not having played their predecessors: Gears of War 2, FEAR 2, Fallout 3, COD4, etc.
 
My complaint was that it wasn't a major part of the game. Moving on...
 
I was playing on Normal. You know, the word that means "typical; what most people expect and/or know." I only play games on Easy when they don't have a normal mode (Ninja Gaiden II, unfortunately).
 
I made the point that there are some problems inherent to the original con......I'm not starting this again. WHY COULDN'T WE JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT!?
#23 Posted by gordoa (50 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
"no. It innovated with CE and rehashed that game with bigger looking fisher price weapons in 2 and 3. "

So you're saying Halo CE does but the sequels don't?