Does it make me a "casual" just because I want this...

TonyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By TonyS

video game based on a movie?

I don't know about you guys but I am really excited about this game. I am pretty sure that this is the newly released trailer for it. 

Ghostbusters Live Trailer

With voice acting from all the origianl actors, except Rick Moranis, and witty dialogue I think this a definite buy for any Ghostbuster fan. I am glad the game finally got picked up by a publisher. What is so odd is that I am not one to buy video games based off movies but this one I can't help myself. It probably has to do with me being a Bill Murray fan. Do you find yourself in the same situation?

Anyways, I thought I would share with you guys the trailer just in case haven't seen it.

Images from the CG Trailer:

Wii Images:

Random Ghostbusters Cartoon Image:

Here are some impressions of the Ghostbuster game.

kotaku impression report

Some excerpts of what was um... "impressioned"...

The running dialog (written largely by Dan Aykroyd) between Egon and Raymond (and sometimes Winston from what I saw in the Library level) keeps you up to date on what you're supposed to be doing, where you're supposed to be going and what's going on in the story. This makes for a seamless gameplay experience as well as a hilarious movie/game. When asked to describe Ghostbusters in terms of genre, the Terminal Reality guys said: "Third person action comedy."

When you go down in Ghostbusters, one of your teammates can revive you if they're still on their feet and nearby. But if all three or four of you go down, it's game over and you load back at the last checkpoint.

The ghost-capturing was tricky to master at first. You've got to target the ghost, start shooting your proton ray at it and once it's in your grips, mash a button or trigger (depending on whether it's the PS3 or 360) to send a blast its way and stun it.

...the game lets you skip the static cut scenes. So instead of watching Egon argue with Raymond about not touching the book, I got to listen to them do it in real time while I positioned myself in the best part of the room for book-stand blasting.

The game is out this June. There will be about 50 Trophies/Achievements, spread out between multi- and single-player; and you can count on a demo – although nobody seems quite sure when. Expect it to sync up with the 25th anniversary Blu-Ray release of Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game is designed to be easy to learn (straightforward, at least), difficult to master (thanks to weapon upgrades and dominant strategies), and always – always – fun to play because it's Ghostbusters. Really, Acti-Blizzard doesn't know what they're missing.

This game sounds pretty solid based on these impressions. I'm really eager to jump into this game now, unfortuantely, we have to wait. Forever.

*kick a rock*

TonyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TonyS

video game based on a movie?

I don't know about you guys but I am really excited about this game. I am pretty sure that this is the newly released trailer for it. 

Ghostbusters Live Trailer

With voice acting from all the origianl actors, except Rick Moranis, and witty dialogue I think this a definite buy for any Ghostbuster fan. I am glad the game finally got picked up by a publisher. What is so odd is that I am not one to buy video games based off movies but this one I can't help myself. It probably has to do with me being a Bill Murray fan. Do you find yourself in the same situation?

Anyways, I thought I would share with you guys the trailer just in case haven't seen it.

Images from the CG Trailer:

Wii Images:

Random Ghostbusters Cartoon Image:

Here are some impressions of the Ghostbuster game.

kotaku impression report

Some excerpts of what was um... "impressioned"...

The running dialog (written largely by Dan Aykroyd) between Egon and Raymond (and sometimes Winston from what I saw in the Library level) keeps you up to date on what you're supposed to be doing, where you're supposed to be going and what's going on in the story. This makes for a seamless gameplay experience as well as a hilarious movie/game. When asked to describe Ghostbusters in terms of genre, the Terminal Reality guys said: "Third person action comedy."

When you go down in Ghostbusters, one of your teammates can revive you if they're still on their feet and nearby. But if all three or four of you go down, it's game over and you load back at the last checkpoint.

The ghost-capturing was tricky to master at first. You've got to target the ghost, start shooting your proton ray at it and once it's in your grips, mash a button or trigger (depending on whether it's the PS3 or 360) to send a blast its way and stun it.

...the game lets you skip the static cut scenes. So instead of watching Egon argue with Raymond about not touching the book, I got to listen to them do it in real time while I positioned myself in the best part of the room for book-stand blasting.

The game is out this June. There will be about 50 Trophies/Achievements, spread out between multi- and single-player; and you can count on a demo – although nobody seems quite sure when. Expect it to sync up with the 25th anniversary Blu-Ray release of Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game is designed to be easy to learn (straightforward, at least), difficult to master (thanks to weapon upgrades and dominant strategies), and always – always – fun to play because it's Ghostbusters. Really, Acti-Blizzard doesn't know what they're missing.

This game sounds pretty solid based on these impressions. I'm really eager to jump into this game now, unfortuantely, we have to wait. Forever.

*kick a rock*

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

No one can tell you what kind of gamer you are. Just play the games you enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man, I love the Ghostbusters. Ever since that unofficial trailer leaked my mind has been swirling with the awesome gameplay possibilities with this
It seems that a lot of care and enthusiasm is going into the work on it.

You know what the song says? "Bustin' makes me feel good!"

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Dude. EVERYONE is looking forward to Ghostbusters.

TonyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TonyS
LiquidPrince: I was being silly. :P It was just my way of starting a Ghostbusters Hype Train.

TeflonBilly: Yeah, man. I know what you mean. Plus, I can't get enough of  Bill Murray. I hope they have some online co-op play. It would be fun to go busts some ghosts with friends.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Them Wii graphics are hilarious. It's like i'm really in 2002. Seriously though, if you're not looking forward to something officially Ghostbusters related, you have no dick. Unless you're female, in which case I can't think of a relevant quote.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HandsomeDead said:
"Unless you're female, in which case I can't think of a relevant quote."
Then she can have my dick?

Unf unf unf :P
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
HandsomeDead said:
"Them Wii graphics are hilarious. It's like i'm really in 2002. Seriously though, if you're not looking forward to something officially Ghostbusters related, you have no dick. Unless you're female, in which case I can't think of a relevant quote."
I much prefer the style of the Wii versions graphics.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_

YOU'RE A FUCKING CASUAL MAN, A FUCKING CASUAL.

The game looks pretty sweet. I might get this for my brothers, although I'd have to go with the real console versions myself.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422
Jayge said:
"YOU'RE A FUCKING CASUAL MAN, A FUCKING CASUAL.

The game looks pretty sweet. I might get this for my brothers, although I'd have to go with the real console versions myself."
Definitely. I know a ton of people, myself included who can't wait to see how the game turns out.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
TeflonBilly said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Unless you're female, in which case I can't think of a relevant quote."
Then she can have my dick?

Unf unf unf :P"
HEY-O!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
get2sammyb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Them Wii graphics are hilarious. It's like i'm really in 2002. Seriously though, if you're not looking forward to something officially Ghostbusters related, you have no dick. Unless you're female, in which case I can't think of a relevant quote."
I much prefer the style of the Wii versions graphics."
Don't they have the same style?
. . . wait, nevermind, guess not. I prefer the Wii style more than the other, but I still think the Xbox version looks better, of course. Still, this is a good example of how to handle a Wii version, just like Shaun White.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Player1

That trailer was awesome.

I'm going to need to rewatch the first two movies though, so I understand this. Jeff was saying on the podcast that this IS pretty much the third movie?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
Arkthemaniac said:
"get2sammyb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
. . . wait, nevermind, guess not. I prefer the Wii style more than the other, but I still think the Xbox version looks better, of course. Still, this is a good example of how to handle a Wii version, just like Shaun White.
"
Oh yeah, no doubt the 360 version looks better but I often consider the point of pixel perfect textures when style contributes so much more. Prince Of Persia welds style and substance; whereas no matter how technically impressive Killzone 2 is in every way I still think Madworld is the better looking game.

At times I love the way the Wii's lack of hardware power is forcing developers to think outside of the box -- Madworld being a key example.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead
get2sammyb said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"get2sammyb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
Oh yeah, no doubt the 360 version looks better but I often consider the point of pixel perfect textures when style contributes so much more. Prince Of Persia welds style and substance; whereas no matter how technically impressive Killzone 2 is in every way I still think Madworld is the better looking game.

At times I love the way the Wii's lack of hardware power is forcing developers to think outside of the box -- Madworld being a key example."
I see where you're coming from, but super morphed versions of the characters just seems a bit odd. Like those characters could be anyone now, whereas at least the 360 ones look relatively close to the cast.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#16  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Get2SammyB, I agree one hundred percent.  I love the creative uses of the Wii's hardware.

And on topic, who cares about the whole casual/hardcore moniker?  If you like a game, you like a game.  I enjoy Wii Sports as much as Halo 3 or Fallout.  If you're having fun, who gives a rat's ass what anyone else says or thinks?  Live your life by your standards.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"get2sammyb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"

At times I love the way the Wii's lack of hardware power is forcing developers to think outside of the box -- Madworld being a key example."
I see where you're coming from, but super morphed versions of the characters just seems a bit odd. Like those characters could be anyone now, whereas at least the 360 ones look relatively close to the cast."
Either way, I think Aykroyd was backing the Wii version more, I think for the controls. He was interviewed in Nintendo Power. Lemme go check . . .
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Hexpane

I heard 2 non gamer dudes on the elevator at work talking about how the finally "got the wii"

Then I see those Wii graphics

and my ass cries

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Kazona

If wanting that game makes you a casual gamer then so am I! Casual gamers unite!

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By DBoy

This will be one very good game, especially with the script being written by Aykroyd.  I'm a huge fan of the movies and since none of the actors wants to do a third one, I can settle for this instead.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gizmo

Bill Murray has still got it, anyone who has seen Lost in Translation(his best 21st century film) will know this.

Roll on Ghostbusters III.
Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cogito

Nope, makes you awesome, Ghostbusters are great and hopefully this game will be too.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gizmo

On topic though, this game has serious potential, it is vital that the script is witty and the story is a main part of it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope it's worth $60. If not, it's worth a rental.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Psynapse
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By dsplayer1010

The thing is that the developers are making a serious effort to make its game awesome, whereas most licensed games are rushed or not made well, because they hope the license alone is enough to sell it. Ghostbusters is THE Ghostbusters 3. The original actors are doing the voices, Dan Akroyd wrote a new script for it, its looking great.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Tordah

Haha, this looks pretty sweet I must admit. *adds to wishlist*

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Chummy8

The difference between hardcore and casual gamers isn't all the strict.   Play the games you like and forget about the labels.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking forward to it, I agree with get2sammy abou the Wii graphics, tho these are really crappy looking, but i guess it's going to be better in game. 

100th_bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 100th_bullet

[deleted]

Gigastormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Gigastormz

You're not the only one.  I've been excited about this game ever since it was announced.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Those Wii graphics are jaw dropping!