#1 Edited by Nightriff (4913 posts) -

I started watching all the Unprofessional Fridays, taking notes on segments and games I want to edit out for my own stupidity. One of them was combine all the Space Jam segments into one, but does Jeff actually finish the book or did I miss it? Last time I have written down for Jeff reading the book was UF 4/5/13. I'm currently on UF 7/26/13 and he doesn't even have the book with him. Was just curious if that whole thing was just stopped or it comes back later episodes.

I'm also jumping around so I could have easily missed a chapter or two but not the entire ending of the book.

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

@nightriff: No, he has yet to finish reading Space Jam on air.

#3 Edited by ShaggE (6326 posts) -

If only he had ended with this:

Also, somebody force Jeff to watch the movie already. It's inconceivable to me that he hasn't seen Space Jam.

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@nightriff: He has not finished it on air. I imagine he will eventually.

And when I finally send him this Space Jam stuff, it'll force his hand...

#5 Edited by Nightriff (4913 posts) -

Thanks guys, guess I'll hold on to the chapters separately until he finishes reading it. Has he read any of it lately or was it be 6 months since he has touched the book?

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6159 posts) -

@nightriff: Jeff made an offhand comment GOD KNOWS WHERE (it could've been any number of live streams, podcasts, or Jar Time videos from the past few months, I literally have no idea) that the book got misplaced at some point and he doesn't know where it is.

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@nightriff: Jeff made an offhand comment GOD KNOWS WHERE (it could've been any number of live streams, podcasts, or Jar Time videos from the past few months, I literally have no idea) that the book got misplaced at some point and he doesn't know where it is.

Wait, so all he needs is someone to send him the book? He should have asked...

#8 Edited by Flappy (2127 posts) -

Totally forgot that Jordan and the Looney Tunes took PEDs to make that game-winning run on the Monstars. Not so sure how to feel about life anymore, y'guys.

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

@flappy said:

Totally forgot that Jordan and the Looney Tunes took PEDs to make that game-winning run on the Monstars. Not so sure how to feel about life anymore, y'guys.

I will not allow such slander, sir!

Yeah, Jeff really should finish the book.

#10 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@flappy said:

Hey, the Monstars were the first to use them; they started the war. Jordan and the Looney Tunes just did what they had to do to stay competitive. You don't understand the pressures, man. You weren't in their shoes. The planet was on the line!

#11 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

was only funny the first time

#12 Posted by Cheesebob (1231 posts) -

I was disappointed that he didn't

#13 Edited by Roulette1986 (30 posts) -

It was boring as hell, so I hope not.

#14 Posted by Humanity (8805 posts) -

It was a one time joke that I hope we can put behind us already. Similar to how people last night were constantly yelling "play Windjammers!!" during the PS4 stream - c'mon doods.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6159 posts) -

@humanity said:

It was a one time joke that I hope we can put behind us already. Similar to how people last night were constantly yelling "play Windjammers!!" during the PS4 stream - c'mon doods.

On the other hand, Windjammers is better than most of the games they played during the PS4 stream.

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@flappy said:

Hey, the Monstars were the first to use them; they started the war. Jordan and the Looney Tunes just did what they had to do to stay competitive. You don't understand the pressures, man. You weren't in their shoes. The planet was on the line!

The moral I took from the story is that it's okay to cheat if the bad guys cheat even more. And being loony is totally okay and occasionally can save the world.

#17 Edited by Milkman (16519 posts) -

@humanity: Windjammers is absolutely not a fucking joke.

#18 Posted by Humanity (8805 posts) -

@humanity said:

On the other hand, Windjammers is better than most of the games they played during the PS4 stream.

It's a fun game and I'd definitely like to play it with friends if anyone I knew owned some version of it, but I'm kind of excited about the future of gaming more than reliving the past. Maybe it's just me though, cause whenever I see an awesome new kickstarter/trailer for an 8bit styled side scroller I just roll my eyes while others are freakin pumped.

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

@truthtellah said:

@flappy said:

The moral I took from the story is that it's okay to cheat if the bad guys cheat even more. And being loony is totally okay and occasionally can save the world.

That is exactly it. You only need to be slightly more moral than your evil opponent.

And looniness is always welcome! :D

#20 Edited by BisonHero (6159 posts) -
#21 Posted by CornBREDX (4793 posts) -

it was funny in that way that Andy Kaufman was funny. I love "fuck the audience" comedy.

After a while, though, it can get stale- as all good things will.

That being said, I don't care one way or the other on if he ever reads it again.

#22 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5221 posts) -

I really wish he did.