• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pinner458 (788 posts) -

Jeff is ALWAYS making references to weed in videos, so it made me a bit curious...

#2 Posted by FinalDasa (1761 posts) -

Who cares?

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Jeff is a upstanding citizen of the united states, he'd never break a law!

DONT A NARK!

#4 Posted by pinner458 (788 posts) -
#5 Posted by Jay_Ray (1102 posts) -

Since Ryan is a known NARC I doubt any staff members could get away with it.

#6 Edited by wjb (1662 posts) -

I think a lot of people make references to weed without actually "partaking."

Not that I know of, but also:

@finaldasa said:

Who cares?

EDIT: Man, I just looked at the clock and it said 4:20.

#7 Posted by Bocam (3755 posts) -

Jeff also hates the stoner attitude.

#8 Posted by ToTheNines (723 posts) -

If I lived in California...

#9 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

They've talked about 'Sweet Lady H' as well, doesn't mean they all shoot up heroin at the wrap of an Unprofessional Fridays video (or does it?).

And because, y'know, bound to posted sometime in this thread -

#10 Posted by CaLe (3988 posts) -

Jeff has said on his tumblr that he doesn't smoke weed. I dunno about Ryan.

#11 Posted by Milkman (16811 posts) -

Maxwell sells the dankest kush in all of CBSi.

#12 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

I bet Brad does. That would explain why hes always tired.

#13 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I think Jeff has gone so far as to say that he's never even tried it, but I could be mistaken.

#14 Posted by wrecks (2262 posts) -

My money is on Tricky.

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Jeff has said many times that he has never touched any kind of drugs and has no desire to. Ryan the same I believe. I don't see Brad or Vinny ever doing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it at some point in their life as a teenager or something. Patrick on the other hand I'm pretty sure is a stoner. Or at least used to be. Since he is responsible for this:

#16 Posted by kagato (920 posts) -

@jay_ray said:

Since Ryan is a known NARC I doubt any staff members could get away with it.

This is 100% accurate ^_^

#17 Edited by Turbyne (98 posts) -

Jeff thinks smoking anything is gross, and he dislikes stoners.

So no. As far as we know none of them do and they're too responsible to do so, especially Vinny.

Besides Jeff I wouldn't be surprised if any of them did in their teen years though, honestly. Seems like something a lot of people do just to try it.

#18 Posted by Jackhole (377 posts) -

@milkman said:

Maxwell sells the dankest kush in all of CBSi.

#19 Posted by Christoffer (1824 posts) -

I get the feeling that every time they referencing drugs they're actually referencing a movie/artist referencing drugs. That meta-sarcasm.

#21 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

You a cop? You gotta tell me if you a cop.

#22 Posted by Jackhole (377 posts) -

Here are some choice Tumblr quotes that will help answer your question:

shoeblazer asked:

Jeff, what issue, if any, do you take with marijuana and those who smoke it? I know you don't, and that's cool, it's not for everyone, I'm not here to convince you. I just wondered what your reasoning is. I've smoked for just under 3 years, but I won't touch a cigarette, and I've never been drunk. Not bad for turning 21 last May, and living in god damn Wisconsin my entire life. I'm a huge fan, by the way. Giant Bomb is the second best website ever. First is, of course, luchadeerDOTcom. Thanks!

I think it’s gross. Smells disgusting, the first time I was in a room with someone who was simply holding a bag of it I almost threw up. I was like… 10, maybe?

I’ve seen too many people make it the focal point of their lives and end up being, like, incredibly tragic people. That’s not to say that it “destroys lives" or any of that shit, but I’ve definitely encountered enough pathetic people acting like idiots and getting high every day that, even if I wasn’t completely opposed to ever smoking anything, I most definitely don’t want to partake.

I don’t actually think drinking is much better, but for whatever reason I managed to get a taste for it at a relatively early age. I don’t drink very often, but that sort of depends on who I’m with.

Anonymous asked:

Do you not smoke weed because it's known to give a brother brain damage and you want to keep your skills on the mic sharp?

I try to live my life like pre-Chronic Dr. Dre but without the woman beating.

And lastly:

People often ask me why I am not “into" weed, as if that is a weird or abnormal attitude to have.

I can say with some certainty that this video pretty much sums up why I don’t want anything to do with smoking anything, ever.

#23 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4213 posts) -

I don't know.

#24 Posted by smackifilia (73 posts) -

Jeff has said many times that he has never touched any kind of drugs and has no desire to. Ryan the same I believe. I don't see Brad or Vinny ever doing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it at some point in their life as a teenager or something. Patrick on the other hand I'm pretty sure is a stoner. Or at least used to be.

I don't know about ever. They mentioned on a bombcast not that long ago that they partook of some hydrocodone recreationally one time. So they're not above having a good time.

#25 Edited by VoshiNova (1691 posts) -

I'm blown away that I haven't read this question before.....

and nonya business. To each his own, and they have jobs.

#26 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

Pretty sure Alex "partakes" don't think anyone else does though.

#27 Edited by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

I believe Jeff has gone on record, on his Tumblr and elsewhere, stating that he actively avoids cannabis. I don't know about the rest of the crew, but I somehow doubt they partake on a regular basis, if at all (...NARC). They live in California, which is a hotbed of open users and activists, so it's not a stretch to imagine they would be very familiar with it. I personally think cannabis is great, especially its medicinal benefits, but I also think it's hilarious when they make fun of the culture that surrounds the plant, because it is pretty stupid and full of stupid and terrible people. I therefore leave you with one of my favorite Bombcast bits:

#28 Posted by punkxblaze (2986 posts) -

@theveej said:

Pretty sure Alex "partakes" don't think anyone else does though.

Yeah, I'm like 99% sure he did at some point in his life, though I don't remember where this information came from. Might have been straight from the horse's mouth. Who can say if he does anymore, though.

I would bet money that Dave did at some point. How else do you manage a Quake clan with that much hardcoreness?

#29 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

@jackhole: I had a feeling the smell would be a big part of his motivation. Jeff won't even abide gin, for goodness sakes.

#30 Posted by Deathstriker (318 posts) -

I'm blown away that I haven't read this question before.....

and nonya business. To each his own, and they have jobs.

Weed isn't very secretive in Cali, no one cares about it here... there's probably 4 or 5 shops near my house and I don't smoke so I'm not even looking for them. I don't see what them having jobs has to do with anything; they could have cards as far as we know. Personally, I don't care at all, but people can talk about whatever they want in forums.

#31 Edited by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Jeff has said many times that he has never touched any kind of drugs and has no desire to. Ryan the same I believe. I don't see Brad or Vinny ever doing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it at some point in their life as a teenager or something. Patrick on the other hand I'm pretty sure is a stoner. Or at least used to be. Since he is responsible for this:

As a result of reading Vinny's tumblr and him being on camera more due to Unprofessional Fridays, I no longer have any idea of what he was capable of doing during his younger years. Dude was a football playing ear and nipple piercing teenager. I wouldn't blink an eye if you told me he did drugs back in the day. I would love to see a hardcore Vinny pic from back in the day.

P.S. Vinny's awesome!

#32 Edited by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

Jeff does a bit of meth and heroin from time to time, but never anything as hard as a marijuana cigarette.

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

I know that Jeff's attitude about weed pretty much mirrors mine exactly, in that he thinks its gross and doesn't want it to be a part of his life. Alex has made pretty explicit references to being high however. Also I'm pretty sure Patrick is/was a stoner, but I don't really have any evidence to support that other than Evil Bong, and I think he wrote that because of his horror thing, not out of some fascination with weed. Just seems like the type.

#34 Posted by Jay_Ray (1102 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Jeff has said many times that he has never touched any kind of drugs and has no desire to. Ryan the same I believe. I don't see Brad or Vinny ever doing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it at some point in their life as a teenager or something. Patrick on the other hand I'm pretty sure is a stoner. Or at least used to be.

I don't know about ever. They mentioned on a bombcast not that long ago that they partook of some hydrocodone recreationally one time. So they're not above having a good time.

Are you saying you can't have as "good of a time" when you're sober? If so that's fucked up.

#35 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I think this video sums up why Jeff holds the opinion on weed that he does:

#36 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Apart from Alex, I don't see anyone getting into that.

#37 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Well that's just god damn perfect.

#38 Posted by pinner458 (788 posts) -

Cool well thanks for all the information duders. Surprised at the amount of bad attitude I got though, I was just curious.

#39 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4354 posts) -

I'm not surprised at how much Jeff pokes fun at weed culture. It's not exactly that hard to run into stoners and people who are into that culture when you live in Cali, but judging from the semi-negative tone he has about weed/people who smoke in general, I'm guessing that the types of smokers he ran into ended up being the stereotypical, dirtbag kind.

Alex Navarro is the only who I could say has tried and/or continues to use it. I just appreciate that he isn't the type of person who would be up in your face about it.

@video_game_king said:

Perfect, that sums up what I was saying fairly well.

#40 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@pinner458: You got bad attitude because you asked a needlessly personal question in a forum of people that that love your target audience for said question. What were you expecting? Jeff to come on and say that he "blazes 4:20, all day son"?? Grow up and just get on with life, if you like to smoke then just have a smoke, don't worry about what other people get up to. You will get it when you grow up.

#41 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4354 posts) -

@jay_ray said:

@smackifilia said:
@crusader8463 said:

Are you saying you can't have as "good of a time" when you're sober? If so that's fucked up.

He didn't say that, only you.

EDIT: Just noticed the hydrocodone in that sentence lol, whoops. Yeah, that's dumb.

#42 Edited by bemusedchunk (692 posts) -

who cares.

but i am currently.

#43 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Actually, now that I think about it, a young Vincent Caravella I can see partaking in these particular activities.

#44 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Based on his Tumblr responses to questions asking this very same question, I'm going to go ahead and say no, he doesn't. Not that it's anyone's business but, he has been upfront about his opinion and past with it and I respect him for that. I absolutely agree with Jeff in some respects regarding the plant and culture surrounding it and in other aspects, I do not. And whether we agree or disagree, It does not change my opinion of him one iota either way.

In fact, I'm only certain that Alex has smoked weed in the past, and that's because of a Screened podcast from a while back.

Also, I mean, and I don't want to be flippant about this but who the hell cares? It's really not a big deal. I don't know why doing some weed shots or taking some weed tablets is so important to some people (not necessarily denoting anybody in this thread, but merely speaking in generalities).

#45 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4354 posts) -
#46 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

I'm sure the employees of CBSi will come onto this CBSi forum and answer this question about using illegal drugs

Yep, any minute now...

#47 Edited by Akeldama (4248 posts) -

@bocam said:

Jeff also hates the stoner attitude.

So do I. I smoke pot almost every day.

#48 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
#49 Posted by Fattony12000 (7432 posts) -

I need video games to get high, anything else just doesn't hit the spot anymore.

#50 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I'm fairly certain everyone but Jeff has smoked at least once in their youth, Patrick answered a formspring question awhile back that he smoked a little in college but was not really into it, something along those lines