Does Kinect Make the Wii Look Hardcore?

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxBarretxX

I'm sorry but in anyway can Kinnect produce hardcore games without a controller. Like how could you move around in the world? 
"Walk in place of course! hur hur hur" No that's retarded! I don't see games where you move around a world freely, but on rails
{unless you do some stupid zoom jump motion like pushing both your arms forward which isn't fun]

Honestly I think this will be as casual as a next gen eyetoy with maybe a fun game or two.
Just don't see Kinect having games like No More Heroes, Okami, Muramasa, SMG, and Smash Bo's

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pinworm45

preaching to the choir

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kelbear
@XxBarretxX: 

I would like to see the Kinect used in conjunction with a controller or with peripherals.

Just because I don't HAVE to have a controller, doesn't mean it won't help. They could still take advantage of Kinect to lean in shooters, just like in those arcade shooting games where you actually duck and lean behind cover. Meanwhile I still want to move and aim with a controller.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I bet a lot of the games for Kinect will be either mini-game stuff or on the rail shooting.  These is no way they would be a super deep action game on that thing.  Street Fighter would be kinda cool though...

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThomasP

I think Kinect is going to bring a lot of great things to the table from interaction with the operating system to cool and sensible gameplay mechanics.

A lot of people think that it's all about the "waggle" with the Wii, but that is false. There are many games that focus around motion control, but there are many games that use them by simply implementing a flick of the wrist, which is totally comfortable and chill in my opinion. I think for Nintendo, Zelda is going to be that game where they have a stronger emphasis on motion control that will make the "hardcore" crowd turn an ear. Nintendo have done it, and Microsoft will capitalize. I think a lot of great games that focus on fun and different experiences will be made for the 360, as well as convenient and cool additions to more "hardcore" games.

I'm excited to see the future.