Edited 1 year, 13 days ago

Poll: Does the name Xbox One / XBONE, still sound strange to you? (72 votes)

Yes. 31%
No. 25%
Don't Care/Never effected me. 13%
I Like Clicking Answers on Polls Option. 10%
WiiU is still the stupidest name. 22%

So I realised after PAX that the name Xbox One or even XBONE no longer feel weird to say or hear. PS4 was always going to roll off the tongue as we have been hearing a form of it (PS1, PS2, PS3) it for ages.

To be honest its still the WiiU that sounds the strangest when I hear it.

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4212 posts) -

No. I say XONE. Like Ex One.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5437 posts) -

When people say ''Xbone'' it still sounds abit weird to me.

#3 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -
Let me help you out.
@blu3v3nom07 said:

I say XBONE. LIKE A MAN.

Edit: This is formatting weird.

#4 Posted by spraynardtatum (2972 posts) -

I've heard it enough now that I'm used to it but I still don't really like the name.

#5 Posted by Kr7stof (74 posts) -

I got used to it. It doesn't sound strange anymore.

#6 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Wii U is still a dumb Name.

#7 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

I just call it X1. Someone could argue there are more stupid things when it comes to the console than the name...

Rather Xbox One than Xbox 720.

#8 Edited by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -

You mean Xbox?

#9 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (416 posts) -

I was used to the name Xbox One by the end of the announcement conference. However, I will never not cringe every time people say XBONE. I get it, you think you're real fucking clever. Just call it the X1 if you're going to shorten it.

#10 Posted by OurSin_360 (889 posts) -

It's just a stupid name, they should have just called it the xbox which is what it will be referred to as in the long run anyway. Either Xbox or even 720 would have been better. It's not the first xbox, so when you say the name you automatically think of the system that came out in 2001-2002. They just wanted people to call it "the one" which isn't going to happen lol

#11 Posted by MEATBALL (3244 posts) -

I like my WiiU and I still think it's the stupidest name. :P

I'm totally used to calling it the Xbox One, you know, barely think about it. That said, it's still a pretty dumb name, but as a rule of thumb names tend to be pretty dumb.

#12 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

Well it's the first Xbox so it's not weird calling it Xbox One? I know the Xbox 360 isn't Xbox Two but still. We all know what we mean when we say Xbox One.

#13 Posted by lifesabeachh (16 posts) -

*affected

#14 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5066 posts) -

DAT Xbox is Sick

#15 Edited by MEATBALL (3244 posts) -
@nictel said:

Well it's the first Xbox so it's not weird calling it Xbox One? I know the Xbox 360 isn't Xbox Two but still. We all know what we mean when we say Xbox One.

This post just confused the hell out of me.

#16 Edited by Zacagawea (1594 posts) -

It never sounded strange and, in fact, as soon as I heard the name I was impressed because it could have gone a lot worse

#17 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It's an awful name that even Microsoft have confused themselves with by referring to the original Xbox as the 'Xbox One' in interviews while then going onto talk about the new Xbox One. YEAH.

But whatever, XBONE makes it the best name ever. I hope that catches on.

#18 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

The name still sounds dumb, but no longer sounds strange to me. Sigh, the relentless progression of time.

#19 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

I was used to the name Xbox One by the end of the announcement conference. However, I will never not cringe every time people say XBONE. I get it, you think you're real fucking clever. Just call it the X1 if you're going to shorten it.

Everybody calls it an Xbone. It's a title they deserve for trying to bone us in the ass with their retarded policies. So, yeah, let's not grace it with a proper name until a year or two. Xboner is pretty cool too.

#20 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

Not really... but I still occasionally say ps3 when referencing the ps4.

#21 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Eh, you get used to it over time like most dumb names.

#22 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

Xbox sounds cheap. It makes me think about cartoon box. Both Wii U and Xbox deserve better names, even if I am not interested in those consoles. Maybe it's called "one" like the first one in this generation.

#23 Edited by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -

I still haven't found an abbreviation I care for and no one has agreed on a standard one yet, so to me the name is still a little weird cause I end up saying the whole thing.

#24 Edited by Pr1mus (3916 posts) -

Xbox One no.

XBone either for that matter because that's just stupid and people will get over it in time.

#25 Posted by EXTomar (4742 posts) -

It is about as silly as the Wii and as confusing as Wii U.

#26 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1709 posts) -

@klei said:
@friendlyphoenix said:

Everybody calls it an Xbone. It's a title they deserve for trying to bone us in the ass with their retarded policies. So, yeah, let's not grace it with a proper name until a year or two. Xboner is pretty cool too.

No, calling it Xbone is really stupid.

#27 Edited by tourgen (4504 posts) -

Xbox One sounds strange to me, yes.

Xbone rolls off the tongue and simultaneously sums up a key fact for Microsoft this generation: They did it to themselves. Now we all have to live with it.

#28 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Why people don't just call it the "X one" or type it as "X1" is beyond me. The "box" or "B" is entirely unnecessary.

#29 Edited by KrypticKiller (191 posts) -

I once had a friend tell me he pre ordered the "Xbone" .. I no longer speak to him.

#30 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

It is strange, but they were sort of in a pickle as soon as they named the 2nd machine the 360. Where do you go from there?

#31 Edited by tumtumtum (7 posts) -

Yes, and there were so many better alternatives: