Does the wii "Suck"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RotenTomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RotenTomato

The Wii. Targeted for jokes by PS3 fanboys and XBOTS(which i have no problem with. I find the need to make fun of a console funny) alike. First I'd just like to get this out of the way. I am not a fanboy of any console and im not going to say that i play games for entertainment alone because that would make me a game "fag" who is a fanboy but does not want to admit it. But, whatever. The Wii! Picked it up on launch day. Played some Zelda. Beat it. Waited for another "cool" game to come out. Saw an awesome looking shooter come out on X-Box. Had an M-rating blood, cool looking guns. Ya know the works for a good shooter. And I said "cant wait for that to come to Wii!" Thoes words still haunt me because the next game that came out on the wii was some fire fighter game. Not my cup of tea. 

Now Im gonna break it down for you. 

Wii: Aimed for kids. You know the kind that we used to be. Waking up early to watch our favourite cartoon. The kind who says "Mommy" not jokingly. To sum it up in a number. 6. The contoller. Just shake it to do stuff. Point it at the screen to select something. We have been practicing this with crayola crayons forever. Heres a baseball game boys. Heres a barby game girls. Look you can make a Mii of your whole family! This is the region that Nintendo feels most comfortable in and feel that they can sell well in. Obviously they are right. Out selling everyone else without a look back. Shure a couple of good games come out( super mario galaxy brawl and mario kart) but then you stop and think: "Will this last me till the next good game?" And you see the 60 dollar price tag 

PS3/XBOX: You can put these two in the same explanation paragraph because they are basicaly the same thing. Shure it will rage on forever who has the better graphics but they have the same games(except thoes few exclusives) and they are both amed at the same audience. To explain this im going to go back to PS1 vs N64 days. PS1 was aimed at the target age 19 and it shows with games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. Huge games that need allot of patience and , well, a big attention span. Not that im dennying games like zelda 64 and mario 64 the fame that they deserve im just saying that nintendo had their last good stand with the nintendo 64. Giving good gamers games while keeping most of them E-rated. 

So in the end the Wii is what it is. An affordable console for the whole family. Even grandpa and grandma   
Darkhyperchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Darkhyperchaos
@RotenTomato: I've personally gotten quite bored with my Wii. At first it was unique and fun but now its collecting dust. I think it just comes down to preference. If you like something new and innovative then you might like the Wii. However if you just want to stick with a traditional controller than the Wii will quickly get boring. I lean more toward the traditional controller so I don't love my Wii.  

It's also not the games. I don't care if the Wii gets gears of war and halo. I still wouldn't like it because of the motion controls which I personally find to be somewhat  gimmicky. Some people will love it but if your the kind of person who sits down for five hours to play xbox live you probably won't get tons steam out of the wii. 
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Yep...

Or at least mines does. I want Old School's Wii his is apparently a lot cooler and a lot more fun :/

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Coombs

didnt you just post this? And it got locked for being a system wars thread?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I think you spelled Rotten wrong 

Unless you mean Red in german 

The Wii doesn't suck. Different audience. It has some great games.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Yep...  Or at least mines does. I want Old School's Wii his is apparently a lot cooler and a lot more fun :/ "
yeah and godwind's
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Deja vu today...having to lock the same thread twice.