Does Your Significant Other Play Games?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

While I'm single, I am still curious as to whether or not those with a partner actually have one who plays video games. In an ideal world, I'd love one who maybe doesn't have to be as much a geek as I am, but who is willing to accept games and possibly play them once in a while.

jimbofluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimbofluffy

I tried to get my wife to start playing with some pretty simple games, and worked her up to Zelda Four Swords Adventure for Gamecube.  However, at that point it was a little too much for her.  I think I might try Lego Indian Jones next.

theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By theragu40

Games are definitely not my girlfriend's cup of tea, but she does like old-school mario games.  Our first ever joint purchase was New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  She brought up the idea of buying it together like it was some kind of dirty thing, and I told her that the mere fact that she was even moderately interested in playing a game with me made it an instant purchase :)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Is it a turn-on for your girlfriend or wife to play video games? I imagine it would be for me. That's hot.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ryax

my girl plays games. its fun but its not really a turn on

fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By fleppie

Nope, mine doesn't. But she appreciates them as I talk quite a bit about them, especially the people behind the games as well as the politics as I think we can learn from them. She loves tennis-games though and has played Animal Crossing diligently until she couldn't take Tom Nook ripping her off anymore. 

Best moment: I was asleep and she came rushing in and hanging over me shouting: Look what I got you from my first paycheck! And my eyes had to still focus.... and I saw Shadow of the Colossus! She remembered that I really wanted to play that game and actually bought it for me. I'll never forget that.  

I have footage somewhere of her playing Mario Kart on the Wii. Hilarious shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d48c59b057e6
deactivated-5d48c59b057e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

My wife and I game together. Since our days in high school, before either of us owned a console, she and I played cards together (both the standard playing cards and Magic: The Gathering variety). She can get very frustrated at games, however, so I tend to shy away from playing anything competitive with her. New Super Mario Bros threatened our marriage; that game's co-op is toxic to relationships. 

Within the past few years she's been playing more games on her own. She actually played through Heavy Rain before I had the chance to pick it up.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By REDRUN

I had a few ex-girlfriends who plays casually, it didn't went well... GODDAMN CAMPING N00BTUBING Facebook farmer. I don't give a sh*t about her farm!

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By turbo_toaster

Yes indeedy, he is much better at them then me though.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Romination

She does! She gets into terrible binges of them and it's almost frightening. I'd never even HEARD of Sacrifice until she got on a binge for that

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By captain_clayman

i wish!

that i had a significant other...

Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kouerson

Yep. I am way better than her at games though.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbo_toaster
@Kouerson: EFF U >:[

I lash out because it hits home.
Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kouerson
@Turbo_Toaster:  You brought it out to this public forum.

go to game college and get better at gamering.
gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By gpbmike
@Vinchenzo: My lady is playing Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes right now. It's all well and good until I want to play. Then there's trouble.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

I've never dated a girl that liked playing games. :(

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Organicalistic_

My girlfriend love to play with sackboy, jk, but she really loves little big planet, she plays other games as well

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

My wife plays occasionally. RockBand, the Lego games, puzzle games, Brain Age, that sort of stuff.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Fallen189

Yes

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fwylo

My girl and I play strip & shot Street Fighter sometimes.  I let her win after I beat her a few times so she feels good about it and it makes it fun for her.

But really, by her winning, I have an excuse to get drunk and strip down infront of her and we proceed to have crazy sex.  Who really is the winner?

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Computerplayer1
@ProfessorEss said:
" My wife plays occasionally. RockBand, the Lego games, puzzle games, Brain Age, that sort of stuff. "
This, except replace wife with girlfriend of 3 years...ok maybe just leave it wife.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Kyreo

Yes, yes she does.  Pokemon, mostly, but she likes all the Nintendo games.  She's pree casual though...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeforgotten

Yup, she sure does. 
Heck, she even beat Mass Effect 2 before I did because she wanted to. 
But that was mostly because she would get angry and fire would come out of her eyes if I tried to take the controller and start a new game with my own character. 
When she likes a game, she's gonna finish it. 

Avatar image for fancifulunicorn
fancifulunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fancifulunicorn

My lady is more hardcore than I am I guess.  I wanted a Wii when she wanted and got both a ps3 and 360.  She's better at finishing games than I am.  It freaks me out when people think it's "hot" or something when your girlfriend is into nerdy stuff but is still a girlie girl.  Those people act like they want a clone of themselves in their significant other, eeww.

She bought me a dreamcast because she didn't want me to feel inferior to her and her collection, haha.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fini_fly

My soon to be wife plays the Sims 3. When I had my Wii, we played Lego Star Wars, and she angrily enjoyed waggling the remote around and yelling die... and that was pretty fun. We've also played a little bit of Rock Band, but she needs to stay on the easy level because her brain shuts down if there she has to hit more than one note simultaneously. But other than that, I have in no way been able to get her to play anything else. I try, but it will never be able to get her to playing anything beyond these style of games. 

@fwylo said:

" My girl and I play strip & shot Street Fighter sometimes.  I let her win after I beat her a few times so she feels good about it and it makes it fun for her.  But really, by her winning, I have an excuse to get drunk and strip down infront of her and we proceed to have crazy sex.  Who really is the winner? "  
I think you might be on to something here!
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fwylo
@fini_fly: My girl and I play a few other games too.  Like others she remembers playing some games when she was little.  So I found the easiest way to convince her was to make it about something other than just playing video games.  Then when she realizes how fun it is she'll actually be down to just play some and eventually try other things.
Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MightyMayorMike

I dated a girl who didn't mind a night of gaming for quite a few years. It's definitely a nice feeling, because it's a relaxing hobby you both share.

blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blackbeard
@Vinchenzo:  no, but i tend to play games while my wife is watching whatever tv show she wants so it kindda evens out since I don't watch much tv. she doesn't care much that i am still into gaming, as long i still help out with the household chores :)
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By JokerSmilez

Yes, my girlfriend has played every Final Fantasy game ever and is a huge RPG fan. She got way into Fable 2 as well (she has more achievements than I do in that game). She also put over 50 hours into Oblivion and even more into WoW. Before I quit WoW, we used to quest together while eating tacos. :P

She also plays a lot of DS. She kicks my ass at Tetris, which we play in bed together quite a bit.

I'm a big geek so having a girlfriend that is also a big geek is nice because it means you're both excited to go see a geeky movie, and you both hate Twilight, and you have someone to go to Comic Cons with (even if you like different geeky things - I don't care about Final Fantasy at all unless it's on a Super Nintendo or Gameboy system). It's important that a significant other be a friend first, even if you weren't friends before you started dating - I mean, they're someone that if you weren't dating, you'd still be good friends with because you have so much in common and get a long with so well. I've dated hot girls with big sexual appetites before, but if you don't have anything in common with them, who cares? You get bored of them pretty fast.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hot_Karl
@fwylo said:
" My girl and I play strip & shot Street Fighter sometimes.  I let her win after I beat her a few times so she feels good about it and it makes it fun for her.  But really, by her winning, I have an excuse to get drunk and strip down infront of her and we proceed to have crazy sex.  Who really is the winner? "
Holy shit, that's genius! Why haven't I thought of that yet?
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tranquilchaos

My girlfriend lives with me and plays more hours of game per week than I do. She recently finished a marathon stretch of Mass Effect 1 and 2. Currently she is playing Phantasy Star for the Master System.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kmdrkul

I don't have a significant other.  Yay me!  Wait a minute, I'm lonely and horny.  Boo me!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fwylo
@VinceNotVance:  It's a very weird idea to mix sex alcohol and video games.  A dangerous combination that can lead to pregnancy.

Always remember, Popularity leads to Intimacy.
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

The wife is working on Final Fantasy XIII at the moment.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Ace829

Yes. She's a big MMORPG player and plays a bit of everything. She loves the main series Mega Man games, and always pokes fun that I never played one. ^_^'
I'm trying to get her into the more competitive stuff like shooters and fighting games. Though she gets frustrated easily as do I.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slunks

Yep.

Rock Band, Brain Age, Rhythm Heaven, Okami, and some others. Even got her to play Oblivion for a little bit.

She's about 15 hours into Okami and hasn't picked it up in awhile. I'm trying to fix this.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By sweep  Moderator
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fini_fly
@fwylo: Sex-alcohol-video game mix isn't that weird. Almost anything mixes well with sex and alcohol (even more of both). But you are right, it can lead to pregnancy. *knocks on wood*
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ghostiet

Yes. She's quite strong on them, to the point when she bought me the first Mass Effect as a present and then fell in love with the game.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Akeldama

My girlfriend loves gaming.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By nutta27

She recently got into gaming, I think so we have a common interest so i started her on mini ninjas and she loved it. She recently moved on to Fable 2 and is liking that game too. So yeah my Girlfriend is just starting to get into games.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arbie

Yep! It was a nice surprise to found out he also played WoW when we first got together. Though now we play together on 360 more than anything else. 

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hexx462

My girlfriend was a very casual gamer, usually played Tony Hawk and NHL games. Then one day she was watching me play  WoW and asked "how do you get a flaming horse? I want one!", cut to 5 years later she still plays the game non stop and has a character select screen filled entirely with lvl 80+ character. Her characters all outclass mine when it comes to gear and achievements, I effectively created a monster.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stete

Nope, she is definitely not a gamer, although she did had alot of fun when I let her try Tumble on the ps3. I don't think she'll ever get into the non casual stuff, but frankly I don't mind, if you ask me your significant other doesn't need to be a gamer, there's gotta be a mutual understanding that she won't nag you for doing an activity you enjoy and that you won't nag her to participate in an activity she has no interest in.

afrocod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By afrocod

Yeah she does but she's not as into it as I am... She's likes platformers and games that you have to manage shit and do things like viva pinata and shitty facebook games... She's got a DS and she likes to buy old PSone games on PSN... She doesn't own any consoles so I'm glad she's into it but not that into it so she's not hoggin' it all the time... I'd love to play some co-op with her but she'd never play a fps...