• 118 results
#51 Posted by Lichbanes (8 posts) -

We must group together in an effort to create the most grueling Windjammers training center imaginable. When they return, they will be like gods to us mere mortals.

#52 Posted by Toastburner_B (131 posts) -

After looking over my game shelf, I'd be able to donate:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Xbox 360)

Child of Eden (Xbox 360)

Wolfenstein (Xbox 360)

Uncharted 2 (PS3).

#53 Posted by Vuud (1422 posts) -

That chess game is a cheating bitch.

#54 Posted by cloudymusic (917 posts) -

For 360, I've got You Don't Know Jack, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

At this rate, though, it may be easier for the one guy with the 100+ games to tell us what he's NOT going to send.

#55 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

@carracer: Bartender? He must have been at McMurdo then, that's the only place that has bars.

#56 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

@mc_hify: Appreciate the thought, but I'll just wait till I get back in March.

@brodehouse: @alexandersheen: @seventango: @hatking: Oh pretty much all the time. Between the aliens trying to invade and the Nazi stronghold, we try to do our best. Thankfully, we have a pretty sweet ancient chair that controls a weapons platform. I feel bad for the guys who work in the space traffic control office.

On a serious note, the winter overs watch The Thing every year after the last plane has left. Then at the mid winter point, they watch The Shinning. I'm trying to get copies of Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness (the two "sequels" to The Thing, they are a part of his Apocalypse Trilogy).

@superkidsid: Thanks!

@chavtheworld: Well, I was born pretty far north, so the cold isn't that bad to me. To be fair, I don't think its all that bad.

@thurbleton: Well, I don't know about PC games, but it couldn't hurt. As long as they have the CD key and don't need to be activated online or anything. Yes, scientific data does take priority, but its still too slow for even video streaming or audio.

@daze: Well, not really no. Its just normal postal rates.

@daggon55: Holy crap, you rock duder! Feel free to send them to the Giant Bomb offices, think you could post a list of whats there? So other Bombinos don't send copies?

@carracer: Bartender? He must have been at McMurdo then, that's the only place that has bars.

#57 Posted by Bollard (5022 posts) -

@tcsajax: What kinda temps do you get normally? (Celsius if at all possible :P)

#58 Edited by tcsajax (74 posts) -

@chavtheworld: No problem, Celsius is what we encode in our obs. Since I've been here I've seen from around -35C (-31F) to -20C (-4F) (not counting windchill, then it can drop quite a bit more). Also, our all time records are a high of -12.3C (+9.9F) in Dec 2011 and a low of -82.8C (-117F) in June 1982.

#59 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2253 posts) -

@tcsajax said:

@mb: Well, both kinda, but mostly access. There are communal systems, but like I said, almost no games. I'm hoping to get a public collection going down here.

But you're right, probably not the best term to use, but it is one that everyone understands.

See, that is perfectly understandably because these are communal items. I think it is BETTER to have communal items donated, because they there is no real sense of "I bought this for everyone", but I bought it. Also, as communal items if someone breaks a disc by accident nobody has to feel bad they broke one person's property. Moreover, if duplicates show up that okay because nobody wasted any money either...it all just donations...good will...the brotherhood of humanity.

#60 Posted by packs217 (91 posts) -

@daggon55: Impressive.

@drewbert Is there a way you could do a running list (Google Doc?) so we don't end up sending you/tcsajax a bunch of duplicates?

#61 Posted by Bollard (5022 posts) -

@tcsajax said:

@chavtheworld: No problem, Celsius is what we encode in our obs. Since I've been here I've seen from around -35C (-31F) to -20C (-4F) (not counting windchill, then it can drop quite a bit more). Also, our all time records are a high of -12.3C (+9.9F) in Dec 2011 and a low of -82.8C (-117F) in June 1982.

Oh! -12.3C, is that like, T-Shirt weather for you guys? :P

#62 Posted by Ronald_Raiden (1513 posts) -

I can donate a copy of Super Street Fighter IV for ps3. Maybe some other stuff. I'll have to see.

#63 Edited by tcsajax (74 posts) -

Man you guys are great. I didn't expect such a huge start to this.

#64 Edited by daggon55 (111 posts) -

Ok, I've been a bit busy, but I just got them boxed up, should get them to the FedEx store tomorrow to send out.

FedEx had extended hours for holidays so I was able to get there tonight and send them off.

I couldn't stand to part with Mass Effect or Dead space games so I kept those along with some recent stuff. There's some good, some bad and some crap. Here's the list in no particular order, all are 360 NTSC:

• Bayoneta
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Star Wars Force Unleased
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • KoA Reckoning
  • Metro 2033
  • Metro Last Light
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Lost Odessy
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • NFS: Hot Pursuit
  • NFS: Most Wanted
  • Vanquish
  • Mafia 2
  • Operation Flashpoint
  • Dead Rising
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Darksiders
  • Ghostbusters
  • Overlord
  • Overlord 2
  • Bladestorm
  • GTA 4
  • Star Ocean
  • Wolfenstein
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Star Trek Legacy
  • Borderlands
  • Dead Island
  • Hunted
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Red Faction Guerrilla
  • Deadly Premonition
  • Dishonored
  • Rage
  • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
  • Wanted
  • Gun
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Forza 3
  • Forza 4
  • Forza Horizon
  • Resident Evil 5
  • LOTR: War in the North
  • Singularity
  • Farcry 3
  • Alan Wake
  • Binary Domain
  • Crackdown
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Sacred 2
  • Silent Hill Homecoming
  • Lego Star Wars
  • EDF 2017
  • Shadows of the Damned
  • 99 Nights
  • 99 Nights 2
  • Too Human
  • Hitman Blood Money
  • Enchanted Arms
  • Max Payne 3
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Lost Planet
  • Space Marine
  • Gears of War
  • GoW 2
  • GoW 3
  • Castlevania
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Bulletstorm
  • The Last Remnant
  • Nier
  • Enslaved
  • FEAR 2
  • FEAR 3
  • Fable 2
  • Just Cause
  • Just Cause 2
  • The Darkness
  • The Darkness 2
  • Assassin's Creed
  • AC: Revelations
  • AC 3
  • Tomb Rader Legend
  • TR Underworld
  • Tomb Raider
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam
  • DWG 2
  • BF Bad Company
  • BF Bad Company 2
  • Condemned
  • Dragon Age
  • DA: Awakening
  • DA 2
  • Saints Row
  • Saints Row 2
  • Saints Row 3
  • Kingdom Under Fire
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Oblivion
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Transformers
  • CoD MW2
  • CoD MW3
  • CoD Black Ops
  • CoD WAW
  • Halo Reach
  • Halo ODST
  • And an anime surprise
#65 Edited by BisonHero (5650 posts) -
#66 Posted by DigTheDoug (178 posts) -
#67 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -
#68 Posted by tbk (37 posts) -

@tcsajax: What about gifted GoG stuff? Also eligible? Would need some magic to get the binaries to you down there.

#69 Edited by aStagnantSleep (39 posts) -

@tcsajax would you be interested in DVD's as well? Maybe a few burnt movies?

@daggon55

#70 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

@astagnantsleep: Since we are a government project, I must officially say that burnt DVD's would be a no no. However, if you did want to donate any other DVD's, I'm sure we could find a home for them here. We have a pretty decent DVD collection and the largest VHS/Betamax collection I've ever seen down here.

@tbk :Unfortunately, our internet connection isn't fast enough nor reliable enough for downloads of almost any size. A 30mb file took me an hour and a half to download.

#71 Posted by Danteveli (1079 posts) -

Pretty nice set up and cool action

#72 Posted by tbk (37 posts) -

@tcsajax: I am talking about copying the GoG stuff onto a USB thumb drive or burning it onto CD-R or DVD-R.. GoG is DRM free, you don't need to have a internet connection to play the titles.

#73 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

Well everybody, I just wanted to say thank you for all the love that we have seen so far on this drive. Thanks especially to Daggon55 for making a very large donation, it will be put to good use.

However, I need to bring forward the cut off date for donations to...well today. In order to get the games down here before the cutoff for packages due to weather, we need to send the box out as soon as possible. So if you haven't sent anything out yet, you might want to hold onto it and get some Game Stop credit (ha!).

Again, thank you all for proving yet again to be the best gaming community out there. You guys rock, and expect a mailbag video sometime in the future.

#74 Edited by Bones8677 (3168 posts) -

Man, I would love to visit that station, i've seen documentaries and footage of that place. Seems like a really cool place to hang out at for a brief time.

I'll assume civilians are not allowed. >_>

#75 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

Well, I'm a civilian (now). But if you mean people not associated with a project or working as support, that'll cost you about $50,000 to get down here. And they aren't allowed in the station.

But you could get a job here.

#76 Posted by Brenderous (1079 posts) -

Should totally record the unboxing and send it to Vinny.

#77 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6935 posts) -

#78 Posted by BisonHero (5650 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@brenderous said:

Well, sending it to Drew would make more sense since he is the one that has been talking to @tcsajax, but hey man, he can send the video to whoever, Antarctica's a free country [note: not actually true].

#79 Posted by Brenderous (1079 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@brenderous said:

Well, sending it to Drew would make more sense since he is the one that has been talking to @tcsajax, but hey man, he can send the video to whoever, Antarctica's a free country [note: not actually true].

Vinny mentioned wanting the footage of the unboxing on the latest bombcast.

#80 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6935 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@brenderous said:

Vinny mentioned wanting the footage of the unboxing on the latest bombcast.

YEAH. Come at me, @bisonhero. You big ol' chump.

#81 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -
#82 Posted by Fattony12000 (6350 posts) -

#83 Posted by Brenderous (1079 posts) -
#84 Posted by Nightriff (4329 posts) -

Oh man, those Antarctica pictures really make me want to watch The Thing now, and then never go to Antarctica.

#85 Posted by GozerTC (452 posts) -

@tcsajax: Caught wind of this thread on this week's podcast. Have to say sorry I can't provide you with better internet connection, but really what do you expect from TDRS? It's the top of the line 80's tech after all. ;)

Okay seriously though not sure if your station is supported through SPTR but if it is I do try not to drop your internet connection too much. Just saying. ;) (Yes I work at White Sands with TDRS)

#86 Edited by tcsajax (74 posts) -

@gozertc: Yeah we have SPTR in the middle of the day, but the majority of the bandwidth gets taken up by the science weenies sending their data back to their motherships. We usually get pretty decent coverage through the night from a defunct GOES sat and SKYNET (yes, you all read that right).

#87 Posted by GozerTC (452 posts) -

@tcsajax: *Chuckles* So they are the web hogs taking all your bandwidth! :)

I mean if we can live stream to ISS and such you'd think we could provide you some downlink bandwidth for some quick looks! Then again if most of your time are on GOES and SKYNET I can see why not. :|

#88 Posted by sw0rdfish (37 posts) -

Everyone in this thread is awesome. Good job all.

#89 Posted by tcsajax (74 posts) -

Well everyone, time to put a cap on this.

I see that the Bombinos got my care package of t-shirts and shot-glasses, hope they liked them. Also, the big box-o-games showed up here! Over a hundred 360/PS3/Wii games! I've already got people coming around my desk sneaking peeks at the goods. I'll label them all and put them up in the B3 lounge (the gaming lounge I posted pics of). Looks like the winter overs won't get bored, hopefully. I guess now we just have to worry about fist fights over people hogging the gaming systems.

Again, thanks to everyone who contributed to this donation drive. I really appreciate it and I'm sure future gamers who come down here will too. You guys rock!

P.S. I did shoot a short 2 minute unboxing video when the box showed up. I'll email it to Drew as soon as I get back to a better internet connection in about 2 weeks or so.

#90 Edited by drewbert (2078 posts) -

Here it is! It actually made it! I didn't screw it up!!!

Staff
#91 Posted by dirtytea (18 posts) -

For SCIENCE!

#92 Posted by MB (11288 posts) -

@drewbert: nice job, thanks for following through on this for everyone!

#93 Posted by cloudymusic (917 posts) -

Awesome! Glad it arrived safely.

#94 Edited by daggon55 (111 posts) -

We did it for the science.

#95 Posted by Hardtarget (222 posts) -

That's freaking awesome

#96 Posted by HellknightLeon (399 posts) -

Yeah! Awesome work. Sadly I just found 35+ games that I wish I could have sent.

#97 Posted by FLStyle (4395 posts) -

Great work people! Best community!

#98 Edited by Tondo (129 posts) -

Great job everyone !

#99 Posted by Cloudunderfire (13 posts) -

Thats awesome

#100 Posted by thainatos (80 posts) -

The obligatory Too Human.