#1 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

So I had an epiphany after reading the latest PS4 or Orbis (If that tickles your pickle) "leaks". What if Sony bundled Vitas in with PS4?

#2 Posted by RecSpec (3679 posts) -
@Miketakon: Highly doubt they would (the rear touch screen is a poor substitute for triggers), but I would be shocked if there wasn't a huge focus on Vita connectivity.
#3 Posted by Hailinel (22708 posts) -

I can't see how that would keep costs reasonable.

#4 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

No no I didn't mean Vita would replace the Dulashock. I think would be a bold move...to gain interest in both products. As far as cost maybe Sony could just bundle Vita with the core sku.

#5 Posted by CJduke (779 posts) -

But then it would cost way too much money and no one would buy it like with the PS3

#6 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

If they had a PS4+Vita bundle that saved you $100 - $150, I'd probably buy it.

(Highly doubt that would happen, though.)

#7 Edited by RecSpec (3679 posts) -
@Miketakon: If Sony really is considering screens in the controller (latest rumor is that they are killing the Dual Shock) then the cost would be high enough as it is. Adding the Vita would be suicide.  

Edit: Not to mention a big middle finger to people that already have one. I could see something like this happening a year or two after launch for Black Friday, but near launch. No way. 
#8 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

That seems incredibly unlikely. Sony needs to watch every yen in their production costs on the PS4. Giving away a pricey bit of hardware that not everyone will need or even want just doesn't make sense.

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

No!

#10 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

Funnily enough that would be the only thing to get me purchasing a Vita at this point if it saves me at least $100 for the Vita portion of the bundle.

#11 Edited by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

@Miketakon said:

No no I didn't mean Vita would replace the Dulashock. I think would be a bold move...to gain interest in both products. As far as cost maybe Sony could just bundle Vita with the core sku.

Why would anyone think this? We just got through an era where expensive consoles damaged a lot of the industry and you are suggesting that they need to do something even crazier and more expensive??

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

Edit: Not to mention a big middle finger to people that already have one. I could see something like this happening a year or two after launch for Black Friday, but near launch. No way.

Well they could do 2 SKU's so that PS4 core unit is say $399.99 and PS4+V is say $549.99. Then it would really only be a big middle finger to people that buy a Vita right before the PS4 comes out.

#13 Posted by K9 (620 posts) -

What if indeed:

#14 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

What If the bundle was $500?

#15 Edited by evanbower (1206 posts) -

@Miketakon said:

Isn't the Vita you'd want 350 dollars? Cause there is no way the next-gen system part of that bundle could only be worth the remaining 150 dollars.

#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I can't see how that would keep costs reasonable.
#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@K9: If they really end up doing that it's not like those controllers will have internal gpu's. At best they will probably stream gameplay from the console to the controller like the Wii U.

#18 Posted by _Chad (957 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@Miketakon said:

Isn't the Vita you'd want 350 dollars? Cause there is no way the next-gen system part of that bundle could only be worth the remaining 150 dollars.

No, it's 250, but still there's no way the PS4 half would be 250 as well.

#19 Posted by rentfn (1267 posts) -

i really hope next gen controllers don't have screens in them. I don't really like using the Wii U controller for longs periods of time.

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3680 posts) -

damn you!! giving me nightmares like that! (coming from a sony fan)

#21 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

@rentfn said:

i really hope next gen controllers don't have screens in them. I don't really like using the Wii U controller for longs periods of time.

Second screen seems to be trend for next gen..which is kinda why I had this thought.

@jimmyfenix said:

damn you!! giving me nightmares like that! (coming from a sony fan)

I suppose it's a god thing I'm not running Sony :)

@StarvingGamer said:

@RecSpec said:

Well they could do 2 SKU's so that PS4 core unit is say $399.99 and PS4+V is say $549.99. Then it would really only be a big middle finger to people that buy a Vita right before the PS4 comes out.

Well the middle finger seems to be Sony's favorite finger. You know with the whole PS2 BC debacle.

#22 Posted by John1912 (1742 posts) -

This has to be a troll topic...

#23 Edited by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

Or: Brainstorm - And I'm just spit balling here -

What if you didn't have your Intern XHTML designers design your interface. Also, for bonus points, perhaps actually designed by people who actually use your system.

Bassicly what im saying, is, the only reason why I think PS3 sucks is because its interface looks bad, and fucntions bad.

#24 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

Bassicly what im saying, is, the only reason why I think PS3 sucks is because its interface looks bad, and fucntions bad.

Really? Cause I'm cool with their front-end, it's the PS3/PSN back-end that has me apprehensive towards Sony's future consoles.
#25 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

@K9 said:

What if indeed:

So basically everything is going to be the WiiU. GREAT.

#26 Posted by Superfriend (1457 posts) -

@K9 said:

What if indeed:

Kill it with fire!

Well, at least it´s better than internal kinect sensors.

#27 Edited by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

The Wii U tablet controller is too damn wide for me. I hope Sony comes up with something more compact.

Honestly, I'd rather just have another standard iteration of the Dualshock.

#28 Posted by RecSpec (3679 posts) -

If they released a controller like that then they might as well have the Vita as the controller. Unless you plan to reinvent control schemes, you need both sets of shoulder buttons.