• 51 results
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
Maybe if your cable was hermetically sealed and deionized and...OK, no.
I understand some of you with HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s have been experiencing some unfortunate issues with your sound--or more specifically a lack thereof--since you installed the NXE update back in November. I wouldn't know, since my console was excavated from sometime in the Pleistocene Era (read: it's component-only). But if you are having issues, you're in luck--Major Nelson says a patch is inbound tonight.

Starting Tuesday morning at 0200 Pacific when you sign into Xbox Live you’ll be prompted for a mandatory dashboard update. The update addresses the issue that a few folks were having with audio and their HDMI connection.

This update will be rolled out to all Xbox LIVE members around the world over the space of a few hours, so you may not get prompted for the update immediately. Thanks for your patience.

So for those of you affected by this issue, what exactly has been your experience? Have you just had no sound through HDMI whatsoever for the last two months? Because, man, that is lame.
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
I understand some of you with HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s have been experiencing some unfortunate issues with your sound--or more specifically a lack thereof--since you installed the NXE update back in November. I wouldn't know, since my console was excavated from sometime in the Pleistocene Era (read: it's component-only). But if you are having issues, you're in luck--Major Nelson says a patch is inbound tonight.

Starting Tuesday morning at 0200 Pacific when you sign into Xbox Live you’ll be prompted for a mandatory dashboard update. The update addresses the issue that a few folks were having with audio and their HDMI connection.

This update will be rolled out to all Xbox LIVE members around the world over the space of a few hours, so you may not get prompted for the update immediately. Thanks for your patience.

So for those of you affected by this issue, what exactly has been your experience? Have you just had no sound through HDMI whatsoever for the last two months? Because, man, that is lame.
deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By deaux

Mine is also component only, but I'd hope that people have been able to get sound out via other ports.

patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By patrick5152003

yup, no sound at all when hdmi directly connected to tv. you have to use the extra audio hookup, then find another attachment they dont include with your xbox just to hook it up to your surround sound.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dipstick

Cool beans

I've been having issues with Rockband dropping sound when I use HDMI. Glad to see these issues are getting resolved

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By AspiringAndy

Thank god for Major Nelson.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Crazy I just bought a 42 inch sony bravia v series like 2 weeks ago and have had no problems with my HDMI connection with my 360.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

If only they fixed the problem where you randomly get disconnected from a party. Fix issues that people care about, fuck the HDMI minority!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baillie

Me neither, I'm gonna blame the consumer this time.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baillie

They need to fix the online slowdown, majorly. Sometimes when I press the guide button, then try to get back into the game, I can be waiting up to about a minute. That's rare though, but anything longer than a second is way too long, since it never used to have this problem.

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sociald1077

I have not had any problem with my HDMI connection. My sound is good, this better not break it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

Cool.

ONEmileperhour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ONEmileperhour

well this is good to know. i'm planning on trading my jarasic era xbox for a space age one whith my friend, so hopefully everything will work right off the bat

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Cool...so when are they going to fix the problem where I turn my Xbox off and then back on and it freezes at the opening Xbox 360 screen until I restart it again?  =  /

And we run 60 foot and 75 foot HDMI cables to our 360s at work...and we have not once had this problem come up.  Weird.
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By ColinWright

now if only they'll fix the slowdown and random party dropping... but those are trivial in comparison to the 8% w/ HDMI hook-ups

JoshLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoshLarson

You'd almost think Microsoft doesn't bother to test their updates (sorry, experiences) before they kick them out the door to meet some arbitrary launch date. Clean it up guys, people are paying $50 a year not to deal with this shit.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking

Oh man...that is the 360 causing that crap...here I was getting all upset at my TV.  Although my problem seems a bit different....it is rare too...but the sound gets choppy for the 360(usually only on the dashboard).  I've been able to fix it by switching the input back and forth which isn't a big deal...but a fix is welcome.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Media_Master

another reason not to buy a 360

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Relys

What HDMI connection problems?... I guess I'm lucky then.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By TomA

Dammit Microsoft go fuck yourself for releasing such terrible hardware and then trying to cover it up!I hope this patch also fixes the connection issues i've had with Live the past few days.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Baillie

Well more people are saying they've not had a problem than the people that have, it's not something major. Don't be hating for one small hiccup.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By AndrewB

Perhaps I am lucky to not own an Xbox360 with HDMI. Oh wait, no... I totally got screwed.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrKlorox

I haven't tried to plug headphones into my monitor post NXE, so I haven't yet noticed this issue. Good to know I now can, for whatever reason.

Sparkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparkster

That would suck for 360 owners, although i like both systems, I am VERY glad i decided on the ps3.  No problms ever!

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PJ

I have an Elite and i had no idea that there even was a problem. I use optical audio so maby thats why i havent noticed.

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Joseppie

I've had problems with sound cutting out occasionally, not major but kinda annoying. Now I feel like I'm whining.

TheTemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By TheTemplar

Hmmm I had a problem with the sound over HDMI with my xbox a few weeks ago, I thought it was my TV, but maybe it was this. :P

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c1337us

I had to switch back because I lost all sound using a HDMI cable. Though I didnt make the connection with the NXE update, now that I know this is the problem and an update will fix it I'll start running through HDMI again Sa Weet.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

<--had a 360 elite used optical audio so im fine. though its being repaired

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Meowayne

Why are so many of you using Component cables? If you have a pre-Elite X360, at least get a VGA cable.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Afroman269

There were problems?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK
Meowayne said:
"Why are so many of you using Component cables? If you have a pre-Elite X360, at least get a VGA cable."
is there anything particularly wrong with component?
Avatar image for markthestampede
MarktheStampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By MarktheStampede

I had a problem with my optical cable right around this the NXE release. No sound from optical, and had to hook up the old RCA cables. Then magically a week later, optical sound starting working again. Weird, may be related.

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lepuke

Sometimes playing Fable I would have music and voice overs but missing sound effects after loading a save game.
Whenever that happens restarting the game and reloading would fix this.

Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Furyjoell

Yeah I run my 360 through HDMI, no problems at all.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#35  Edited By citizenkane

I have been having this problem and I thought that it was my HDMI cable.  It's a good thing to know that it wasn't and that they released a patch to fix this problem.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Snail

Seems kinda early for an update so... ha.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TwoOneFive

wow i never heard of this in the first place. damn 360's are so shitty, microsoft better make something of more quality next gen. they have great software on 360 but my goodness the hardware is a poop. 

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Alphazero

I'm not sure this patch will fix it, but for me using HDMI streaming Netflix and DVD playback would both crash the machine. Works just fine with component cables. Weird.

I'll try it again after the patch.

Having just one cable for HD is great, but the DRM built into HDMI connections, particularly if its the source of crashes like the one I've experienced, is pretty unfortunate. I heart analog holes. If you know what I mean.

morose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morose

I think it's hilarious to hear people complain "I can't believe they fixed X when Y is clearly SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ME!".  Like MS has just one guy sitting in the back room at a terminal, staring at his "To Do" list and therefore your particular earth shattering problem isn't getting looked at while something else is patched as well.

Keep up the amusing rants, kids!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had one little hiccup the other day. My receiver switched from Dolby 5.1 to PCM 2.1, then back to normal, then to PCM again. I turned the console off for a few mintues, then back on, and all was well with the world. The issue never reared its ugly head again.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By RHCPfan24

I haven't heard about those problems, but I wouldn't know because I bought my Xbox 360 earlier to help their business! Oh well...at least I did not have a broken Xbox for a while.

removesstains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By removesstains

Basically for some odd reason it will just output Stereo sound. Therefore the Badass Sound System i put money into isn't producing 5.1 sound. Highly annoying but there is a stupid easy fix just go into the sound settings of the Dashboard (or NXE for all you Anal people that need to have that correct abbreviation) and switch to stereo sound and then back to 5.1 sound. I'd say i gotta do that 2 out of ever 3 times i turn the 360 on. I have the habit of looking for the Dolbydigital symbol to put up on my soundsystem now.

Anyway this problem has been on the 360 from Day 1 when i replaced my old 360 with a HDMI compatible 360 back in the fall of 07. And no i'm not one of those TOOLs that purchased a new HDMI 360 to replace his old 1. Nope i got 1 free with my HDTV from a bestbuy deal and i switched out the old 360 and power brick w the new one and sold that thing on craigs list as new. After all it was a refurb RROD unit w a manufacting date of Oct 07 so basically it wasn't a lie.

And yes way to much information but what ever, i'm at work and bored like the rest of you working stiffs.   

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By giyanks22

This is cool...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LiquidPrince
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Cool."
Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thunder

so thats what it was for i thought it was just to piss me off

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By Seroth

Sometimes my sound will cut out in the middle of a game, and I'll have to unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in from the console...I don't know if this is related to the problem that this update fixes...I hope it is.

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By KinjiroSSD

I suppose its the one time I should be glad my 360 doesn't have a HDMI port.

Oinkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Oinkness

Ummm... it's embarrassing to admit but I've got a standard def fullscreen TV and just a regular hookup. Still, I have NXE problems of my own. It lags so bad, sometimes it seems like it is going to freeze up forever but then it'll kick in and start working again. It's a brand new 360 and I never had that problem with the old blades. -_-

roll_tide94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By roll_tide94

the new update gave me the red ring so be on the look out microsoft messed up agian.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Oh, Damn. Maybe, that's why my speakers sounded like someone smashed them with a baseball bat. I was about to switch back to component, but now it's fixed. Awesome.