• 72 results
#1 Edited by Flacracker (1639 posts) -

Just look at the images in the upcoming section on the home page:

Dota 2 is pretty much GOTY for me. Im sure this is a lockdown for GOTY on Gaint Bomb too. I am always excited to see Dota content on Giant Bomb. Wish Brad would do a video series on it. They should talk about it on the podcast more too.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3855 posts) -

The game's been officially released just in time too for GOTY, you know after having been released earlier this year but for real this time!

#3 Posted by Wolfgame (699 posts) -

I haven't played a MOBA, but I have seen a fair bit to know it just isn't a game that suits my preference, but if Brad feels it is GOTY for him, then it would be silly for me to argue.

#4 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

DOTA2 is so yesterday's news. It's all about Brothers now.

I'm pretty sure those images were put there as a joke

#5 Posted by VoshiNova (1666 posts) -

Starcraft!

(in that voice of the dog in Star Fox)

#6 Posted by Milkman (16617 posts) -

Wow, I didn't notice that.

That's hilarious.

#7 Posted by Mcfart (1596 posts) -

I'll laugh if Brad actually forces an award on DOTA 2. Even GS didn't give it an award (for some unfathonable reason Path of Exile is their PC GOTY)

#8 Edited by SSully (4147 posts) -

I think Brad in general is taking over the site, just look at the bombcast image!

#9 Posted by GaspoweR (2937 posts) -

OH DOTA 2 BETTER BE GOTY....or else...

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6401 posts) -

I hope it is GOTY, just because the backlash will be incredibly funny to watch.

#11 Edited by afabs515 (1018 posts) -

DOTA 2? More like NOTA 2. HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa! I love DOTA 2 and wouldn't mind at all if they gave it GOTY

#12 Posted by bigjeffrey (4904 posts) -

DOTA 2 Game Of The Generation

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

::SPOILER ALERT::

Brad's GOTY list this year:

1. DOTA 2
  2. DOTA 2
  3. DOTA 2
  4. DOTA 2
  5. DOTA 2
  6. DOTA 2
  7. DOTA 2
  8. DOTA 2
  9. DOTA 2
  10. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

#14 Edited by Cerevisiae (75 posts) -

It's my personal GOTY, that's for sure. Never befor ehave I enjoyed a game so much that it pretty much destroyed my desire to play anything else.

#15 Posted by hippocrit (238 posts) -

Most of the recent bombcasts have dota jokes in the titles. The images are probably also a joke. Unless Muir took over on GOTY day...

#16 Edited by MasterpinE (63 posts) -

I used to play other games. Racing games, FPS's, RPG's and all other such wonders of gaming....

There is only DOTA 2 now. I still buy those other games when they come out as a sort of vestigial reaction. Night after night though, DOTA claims my full attention.

Praise DOTA 2. The only thing i do for recreation more than play DOTA is watch DOTA. For hours. Every night.

Oh and if you're looking for DOTA content on GB, Brad's 'Daily DOTA', while silent for a while, is well worth catching up on. Good guests and lighthearted games.

#17 Edited by Hailinel (24267 posts) -

::SPOILER ALERT::

Brad's GOTY list this year:

1. DOTA 2
  2. DOTA 2
  3. DOTA 2
  4. DOTA 2
  5. DOTA 2
  6. DOTA 2
  7. DOTA 2
  8. DOTA 2
  9. DOTA 2
  10. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Brad finally played Super Mario Galaxy.

#18 Posted by freakin9 (1110 posts) -

I don't think it should be GOTY, but if Brad doesn't fight tooth and nail for it to the point that it becomes GOTY as Jeff sobs in dejection in the background I will be severely disappointed.

#19 Edited by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

It's a shame since it's the second best moba.

#20 Edited by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

@hailinel: heh. Yeah, can GOTY be independent of year for Giant Bomb?

#21 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5366 posts) -

Got a chuckle out of me.

#22 Edited by konig_kei (602 posts) -

Hopefully they give brad an ultimatum, either dota 2 in the top 10 or brothers, not both.

#23 Posted by Freshbandito (677 posts) -

It's a shame because Dota 2 is such a rip off of League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Awesomenauts and Blizzard's generi-name of the storm fight retribution wrath.

#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

I think Jeff is fucking with us.

#25 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The model it uses to make the game free alone puts it above League of Legends and I say this as a fan of both. I actually play League more.

#26 Edited by brownsfantb (391 posts) -

It's my personal GOTY, that's for sure. Never befor ehave I enjoyed a game so much that it pretty much destroyed my desire to play anything else.

It keeps moving up my list for this reason. Don't know if I'll actually put it 1 but I have to wonder if I would've put as much time into Bioshock and Fire Emblem if I had been playing Dota at the beginning of the year.

#27 Edited by Xeiphyer (5601 posts) -

Don't let us down Jeff.

Fight to destroy DotA2! Don't let it make it into any of the lists!

#28 Edited by Mcfart (1596 posts) -

I really hope Brad fights tooth-and-nail for DOTA. It'll be funny

#29 Posted by Nonused (212 posts) -

@sooty said:

@hunkulese said:

The model it uses to make the game free alone puts it above League of Legends and I say this as a fan of both. I actually play League more.

Pretty sure he was talking about HoN.

#30 Edited by Vuud (1944 posts) -

A F2P possibly being GOTY? What is the world coming to???

#31 Posted by Dezztroy (787 posts) -

You're doing God's work, Jeff.

Dota 2 definitely deserves one of the GOTY awards, though.

#32 Edited by RonGalaxy (3060 posts) -

Brad knows the score; no one in the office likes it, but they can't deny how huge it is. It wont be number one, it wont be in the top 5, but I bet that it will be on the list. Brad will make the case for its importance and everyone will comply. Jeff did the same thing with syndicate last year, except syndicate didnt deserve to be on the list.

Also, this is coming from a person who cant stand MOBAs or esport bullcrap. I can still admit that these games are widely regarded and are a huge thing in this industry right now, dota2 especially.

#33 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Fuck Dota 2, Heroes of Newerth is where it's at.

#34 Posted by Nictel (2399 posts) -

Please tell me that they are going to decide the GOTY over a series of DOTA2 games.

#35 Edited by wemibelec90 (1599 posts) -

@naru_joe93: I disagree with your reasoning: you shouldn't just put games on a GotY list that you feel are important to the industry. I can also admit that DotA 2 is a very important release this year, but I have next to no interest in it and don't feel obligated or anything to have it on my list. If Brad hadn't played a bunch of it, there is no way it would even make it into the deliberations because no one else cares about it. This is what will get it to end up on the top 10 list, which is perfectly valid since someone on staff really cares about it.

#36 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

DotA 2 GotG

#37 Edited by Scampbell (496 posts) -

I've played thousands of hours of Warcraft 3 because of that map though I just don't want a pastime to take over my life again, I want to play. Besides, I would go though that learning curve again, and I don't want that.

I do not doubt it is a great game when you get the hang of it, but don't see it as an important game, the game was already there as WC3 map, nor did they popularize to the extent it is now, League of Legends did that. To me it just symbolize another capitalization on an already existing idea, just Like LoL and HoN and all the other money hungry developers with an imagination of a dead cow.

#38 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

As it was prophesied in the ancient books, Dota 2 will reign the lands of Man and will have on his right hand side Brad Shoemaker as the Enforcer of the Realm.

#39 Posted by Bamsen (340 posts) -

@xeiphyer said:

Don't let us down Jeff.

Fight to destroy DotA2! Don't let it make it into any of the lists!

Amen brother

#40 Posted by RonGalaxy (3060 posts) -

@naru_joe93: I disagree with your reasoning: you shouldn't just put games on a GotY list that you feel are important to the industry. I can also admit that DotA 2 is a very important release this year, but I have next to no interest in it and don't feel obligated or anything to have it on my list. If Brad hadn't played a bunch of it, there is no way it would even make it into the deliberations because no one else cares about it. This is what will get it to end up on the top 10 list, which is perfectly valid since someone on staff really cares about it.

Brads part in it all, being a passionate fan of the game, is obviously the reason why its going to be considered. I thought that was a given. Im just saying, for my own, hypothetical, personal sake (and possibly the other guys), that if he was fighting for the game my reason to include it would be for its importance. I think it would be weird if the majority of them put a game on the list with the only reason being brad liking it, so why not use that as a reason?

#41 Posted by Mcfart (1596 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

Brads part in it all, being a passionate fan of the game, is obviously the reason why its going to be considered. I thought that was a given. Im just saying, for my own, hypothetical, personal sake (and possibly the other guys), that if he was fighting for the game my reason to include it would be for its importance. I think it would be weird if the majority of them put a game on the list with the only reason being brad liking it, so why not use that as a reason?

They'll probably toss DOTA 2 a PC GOTY award. Better then Path of Exile at least (Gamespot has fallen far)

#42 Edited by Danteveli (1173 posts) -

Hope not because it would be a terrible joke. I guess it would be on Both Brads top list thou.

#43 Edited by Fattony12000 (7252 posts) -

totes dotes bros

#44 Edited by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

"Weird animal people angrily staring off camera" is actually the "best trend of 2013". That's why those pictures are there.

#45 Edited by Soap (3575 posts) -

Well if GOTY podcasts go like most other years brad will just continue to talk about the game he wants (Dota 2 this year) until the others get tired/bored and give in.

It's going to Minerva's Den 3.0

#46 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

Jeff wouldn't do this to us. It can be Brad's personal GOTY but GiantBomb's? Hell Naw.

#47 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

HEY GUSY! LETS FIND THE BITERR LEAGE PLAYER! OOPS I THINK I WON! HEHEEH

Am I doing this right? Dota people hate LoL people, right?

#48 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4961 posts) -

As it was prophesied in the ancient books, Dota 2 will reign the lands of Man and will have on his right hand side Brad Shoemaker as the Enforcer of the Realm.

So this is where Mortal Kombat will go.

#49 Edited by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -

I don't get why some people imply that Dota 2 doesn't deserve to be a contender for goaty, as if there's some kind of qualifications for these things beyond being released this year. It's a videogame-ass videogame, the zenith of gamey videogames, videogame prime, one of the gamest games that ever gamed a game. It's not pretending to be a movie (sorry, "cinematic experience") or coast along on some sophomoric, emotionally manipulative plot device like having to protect a little girl. Hell, if I were feeling bolder I might even make the argument that it's one of the only "real" games to even come out this year.

gg no re, commend pls

#50 Edited by Nubikal (105 posts) -

This year's GOTY week will close with the news that Giant Bomb is rebranding to Giant Dota, and I have no problem with that.