#1 Posted by Silver-Streak (1371 posts) -

So, DF's Amnesia Fortnight is open to the public through a buy in at Humble Bundle.

In addition to getting to vote on the prototypes you want made into full games(VOTE KAIJU PILEDRIVER AND CRITTER VERSE) They have a few active prototypes from stuff they've already worked on, or are working on.

They just added Brazen, which is a Brad Miur joint, that plays like Monster Hunter set in a Clash of the Titans + Double Fine Humor themed world. But get this: The controls are actually good. Who would have thought that adding good controls to this type of game would make it amazing. Also, for the fact it's a prototype, it's already fantastically fun.

I didn't see a thread on it yet, so I thought I'd throw one out incase people have missed this. You get the Brazen prototype for bidding more than the current average. Multiplayer works and is fully functional, you just have to invite folks to your private game through your steam friendlist.

Also, Vote for Kaiju Piledriver and Critter Verse, damnit. Who wouldn't like a Godzilla style Roguelike where you can upgrade your horns and claws.

#2 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2027 posts) -

As much as I like Muir goofiness, I really want to hear a real ass talk about game design from him. Then again, he was discussing stuff with his team while carrying a warhammer so there's that too.

Fuck man, I just don't have any money and all of this crazy Fornight shit is making me regret this week's budget.

#3 Posted by Silver-Streak (1371 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime: I think it goes on for 2 weeks, being a fortnight, so here's hoping you can still participate next week.

#4 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

That sounds pretty cool. But I would just like to interject that Monster Hunter is already a fantastic game with good controls in it's own right.

All the Amnesia Fortnight pitches and prototypes look really interesting though.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (5043 posts) -

"You get the Brazen prototype for bidding more than the current average." haha omg that's so fucked up nice nice

#6 Edited by Silver-Streak (1371 posts) -

@ImHungry: I like Monster Hunter a lot, but I'm of the opinion the controls are terrible. The inaccuracy and clunkiness are inexcusable, and the fact that Capcom and some players try to explain it away as adding a strategy element seems more like people trying to reassure themselves than having any basis in reality.

That is my opinion, however.

#7 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

I hope they do the top 6 games instead of just top 4. Kaiju Piledriver needs to happen.

#8 Posted by Ares42 (2738 posts) -

Muir playing to the crowd so hard =D

#9 Posted by Meepasaurus (221 posts) -

It's a ton of fun. I got a chance to play with a few of the DF developers when it went online earlier. Has a lot of potential!

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@SirOptimusPrime said:

As much as I like Muir goofiness, I really want to hear a real ass talk about game design from him. Then again, he was discussing stuff with his team while carrying a warhammer so there's that too.

Fuck man, I just don't have any money and all of this crazy Fornight shit is making me regret this week's budget.

This is exactly how I feel. This whole thing seems more interesting for my currently non-existent pool of moneys than the Autumn Steam sale.
#11 Posted by Silver-Streak (1371 posts) -

@Meepasaurus: I think you and I may have been in the game together, but yeah, I played with DF Burger earlier. The game is great.

#12 Posted by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

God damn some of these look so good. Autonomous, Bragging & Fighting, and Kaiju Piledriver get my vote. Kaiju Piledriver not just for the Muir-factor. Always been a huge kaiju movie fan.

#13 Posted by Pudge (900 posts) -

I am really bummed right now that the top four on the list are the one that looks like Zelda, the space sim, the touchy feeley adventure game, and the one that looks like Minecraft. It's like a greatest hits of indie game over-saturation. I'm sure they're all fine, but I feel like the Humble Bundle crowd is the one being serviced here and not the Double Fine crowd.