• 78 results
NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NegativeCreep

It's happened to all of us: You pop in your favorite on-line game, log in and all of a sudden you start hearing that horrible, just hitting puberty, squeaky 13-year old voice blaring on your headset. Like fingernails on a chalkboard, that sound is so recognizable and so fucking irritating.

So what are your worst on-line gaming experiences?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

Getting knocked off by a bad connection.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Tireyo643 said:
" Getting knocked off by a bad connection. "
Due to power going out in my case. On every bombing run on MW2...God damn it.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Surprisingly, the one experience I've had with online gaming (Team Fortress 2, 360 version) was actually pretty decent. People used the microphone more for friendly conversation and discussing tactics rather than calling each other gay.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
@Video_Game_King said:
" Surprisingly, the one experience I've had with online gaming (Team Fortress 2, 360 version) was actually pretty decent. People used the microphone more for friendly conversation and discussing tactics rather than calling each other gay. "
Same everytime i play that game ive never had a game without helpful/ informative teammates 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

There have been several times in the past where I will join a lobby, say one word to a friend, and then get insulted by a bunch of British people.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Well, once I was playing the original Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (on Xbox 360, in 2009... in a game with only about 6-8 people in it) and some dude was mic spamming sex moans.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By fr0br0

I've never had a bad experience that was worth remembering. Assholes with mics are like assholes in real life, all their faces are just a blur to me now. Except I can mute assholes with mics.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

Somehow I forgot to mention my experience regarding microphones. O_o I haven't had any bad experiences at all. Then again I don't play multiplayer games much. The only thing I can remember is when I was playing MW2 and in one day I had three people laugh at my name. I don't think that's a bad thing though.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shirogane
@natetodamax:
But it's awesome cause of their British accents right? 

And this is why i don't use microphones and headsets, or do much online gaming that involves that stuff anyway. My head hurts enough as it is, i don't need people screaming at me. 
Although i am sad at missing out on some of the more awesome stuff that happens. 
With the good comes the bad.
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@ZombieHunter said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" Surprisingly, the one experience I've had with online gaming (Team Fortress 2, 360 version) was actually pretty decent. People used the microphone more for friendly conversation and discussing tactics rather than calling each other gay. "
Same everytime i play that game ive never had a game without helpful/ informative teammates  "
Same here. Probably why it's one of my favorite online games.
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentofChaos

One of my former friends is the constant for horrible experinces. He's the type to play a bad game, bitch about it, and then brag to the other team (like OH SHIT WE WHOOPED YOUR ASSES). What an Asshole he is :\

NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NegativeCreep
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" Well, once I was playing the original Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (on Xbox 360, in 2009... in a game with only about 6-8 people in it) and some dude was mic spamming sex moans. "
When that happens, I retaliate with Culture Club or Hanson songs.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Brunchies

One notable thing was when I was playing counterstrike source, I was just playing the game and someone called me a stupid motherfucker and kicked me from the server for no apparent reason.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CowMuffins
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @ZombieHunter said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
Same everytime i play that game ive never had a game without helpful/ informative teammates  "
Same here. Probably why it's one of my favorite online games. "
In the short time I played it on 360 (before moving to PC), I too found the people on there very friendly. But, community is the main reason I like PC gaming anyways, everyone is a whole lot friendlier. Also, it's a whole lot easier to kick people from your matches on the PC, if they do start being rude.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By handlas
@Brunchies said:
" One notable thing was when I was playing counterstrike source, I was just playing the game and someone called me a stupid motherfucker and kicked me from the server for no apparent reason. "
haha.  That's one reason I loved Counter-Strike.  There were a lot of jackasses...but it made it so much more fun to kill them.  Plus there were plenty of servers so it was never like it mattered if you got kicked.

only game I ever have issues with people...and they are always people with mics...is in Left 4 Dead on 360.  Many jackasses.
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Variety of horrendous experiences 

12 year olds telling me my mom was their most recent lover only to hear them yell "cheat!" or "mods!" right after I kill them. 
Someone playing some soft rap music is always a plus. 
Always enjoy a kid making the same ominous noise continually until I am forced to mute them. 

And then party chat was invented, and my soul smiled.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By r0k1ll

I actually don't mind. It's kind of hillarious hearing kids cursing out an adult. Saying homophobic and racist slurs makes you think how they look like and what how they have no lives.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ProjektGill

I hate when someone is either listening to music really loud or they are attempting to pipe in music over their mic, but they have a really shitty mic so it just sounds like a lot of static/white noise.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA street races were the worst. I heard some terrible stuff being said to kids over those headsets. 

I swear, if I had a kid, no damn headsets until they were 21. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By meteora

I have issues with 12 year olds. For the rest; I just laugh my ass off at whatever shit they throw at each other.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By OllyOxenFree

For some reason I've always had trouble with weed users.  I thought they are the peaceful type. :(

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By canucks23

I've never had a positive experience on a Gears game online. There's something about the people that play those games... ugh

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By InfiniteGeass

There are way too many for me to remember specific ones.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Coombs

Last night, The instant I get in a MW2 game (first of the night) I'm assaulted by a high pitched cracking voice SCREAMING Britney spears songs into his mic, Which was I'm guessing broken because on top of his horrible singing of horrible music his mic wouldn't stop crackling, Which of course made it all the better.
As luck would have it, He was on the other team.
So I play, At the end of the match the kid has gone like 40-2 (Headquarters)
The instant we hit the lobby, HES STILL SCREAMING a different Britteny Spears song, According to his teammates he never stopped the entire match....  
After some reserach last night I think I found him

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canucks23:  

Hah! I was called a "steaming horse's pussy" by a Scottish fellow during my one and only multiplayer Gears match. 

I will admit that the reason I didn't play again is because he was more or less right, even if his language was a little vivid. I was fearfully shit at the game.
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By apathylad

You know, usual homophobic slurs. I remember one kid swearing at me for camping on Search and Destroy in MW2...when that's probably the smartest way to play in that mode,

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By ki11tank

when i use a mic it's because i want to get into the game and am prepared for whatever is coming my way.  saying that i put people in their place if they wanna talk smack or be a douche bag and i fuckin verbally wreck them.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rebirth1337

Don't really have one. Instamute everyone on my team and the other as soon as the game starts.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By CharleyTony

english players thinking everybody should speak his language... 

if you are in a 8 player game and 7 of them speak another language together, dont tell us to speak english, shut up or go back to school ! 
By the way, when I play Raibow Six Vegas and I set up a game and the option is set on french, what the hell are you doing here ? and why should we be the ones who have to speak in another language ? 

also, 8 year olds playing M rated games, 
people rapping, usually alone, 
retarded fools affected by the presence of a girl 
and of course all that racism and bigotry 

basically , if you are doing something online that you wouldn't do right in from of me, you are the bane of my existence
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Rayfield
@FinalDasa said:
" 12 year olds telling me my mom was their most recent lover only to hear them yell "cheat!" or "mods!" right after I kill them.  "

lol
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I generally hear older people picking on kids simply because they are kids. Who cares how old someone is? Let them play.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Barrock

I run into this all the time, and I fucking loathe it.

People who have conversations with someone in the room on the mic. We're playing the game and dudes talking to his mom.

"YEAH MOM I TOOK THE TRASH OUT. ...... YES I WASHED THE FUCKIN' DISHES MA! LEAVE ME ALONE I'M BUSY!... SHUT THE FUCK UP DENISE! I'LL FUCKING STAB YOU!"

-_-

Or people who are obviously having a conversation with someone on a cell phone or something. Like we want to hear about how your day went.

Also, playing WoW some guy came in our vent server and played some Soulja Boy over and over. He kept getting kicked and coming back. It was hilarious and maddening at the same time.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Coombs
@Barrock said:

" playing WoW some guy came in our vent server and played some Soulja Boy over and over. He kept getting kicked and coming back. It was hilarious and maddening at the same time. "

I love this video, lol
Duke:"I've Got Balls Of Steel.....Steel.....Steel.....Steel"
Mom:  "Get The Fuck Off My Goddamn Fucking Vent"
Duke:"Eat Shit & Die"
Mom:  "I'm Gonna Beat The Shit Outta Your Fuckin Mother That Gave Birth To You, You Fucking Cock Sucking Mother Fucker"
MattQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MattQ

I once had an Engineer yell "get away from my dispenser nigger!" when I was trying to heal up.

Also any douchebag who yells at you for the thing they guy who left before you joined did in a game of Left 4 Dead qualifies for this thread. Especially if they kick you.

Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Buccura

What pops is my mind is several months ago I was playing Day of Defeat: Source, and every time your team wins it would play an anthem pertaining to your side. Every time this kid's team won he would whistle the fucking theme into the mic, really loudly.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CptChiken

Little kids playing 18 rated games piss me off. 
Also the way that they instantly insult you because they have nothing better to do. 
Its especially worse when there is a group of them... multiple high pitched voices urgh! 
I ha one tell me that he "gave my mum a rim job, smerfed her, and then pownded her with a strap on" and when i asked him whether he knew what those meant he said get fucked. at least use words you understand if you must insult me 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Branthog

Here are the people I hate:

* People who don't use microphones. Why in the fuck are you playing a multiplayer game and not using the microphone that came with your system? It's a multiplayer game. Not a single player game. Your team is counting on your cooperation and if you're not using a mic (or muting everyone) - you're just going off on your own doing your own thing. I hate that shit.

* Kids making random noises, singing, having full-blown conversation with their real life friends instead of having those conversations out of game. Especially in M-rated games. Why the FUCK are you foisting your fucking shitballing snot-nosed eight year old brat on a community of adults in a game that is meant for 17+? We're not your fucking babysitters and we didn't squirt out a kid, because we don't want to hear the little shits randomly spewing retarded beeping sounds and singing and shit. I would give anything for online services to give me an option to click a "do not play with people under X age" so I could make sure I only ever played with adults. That won't help with the racist and homophobic shit, but it'd help with a lot of inane conversations and random noise-making.

* Idiots spewing racist or homophobic comments. I never hear the 'N' word in real life, but I hear it dozens of time per sit-down at the XBOX in on-line games (especially on XBox and especially on games like MW2 -- not so much games like Burnout Paradise). Seriously - what the fuck is wrong with you people? I file complaints on these assholes out of principal, but I know MS doesn't give a fuck. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to play online if you're one of these groups of people that people are constantly hurling these words about. Along this line, fucking idiots who insult people from the UK or AUS as soon as they get on. Oh no - someone with an accent! Tell them to go fuck themselves and learn to speak American and let's tell them about how we saved their asses in WWII! -- Along the same lines, the fucktards from the UK and AUS who get on and do the same thing toward Americans (though, to be frank, I can't blame them considering the brainless bullshit fucking xenophobic retarded yellow-ribbon wearing fucktards spew in the first place).

* Finally, the people who think they run the game and are going to tell everyone what to do and how to play and piss themselves when we don't do what they tell us. Or people who think they are the only people who know how to play and the rest of the team is holding them back and intentionally fucking them over. We're just there to help that person's win ratio and to hell with us. 

* On a related note, I often mute anyone in MW2 who uses the "Joint Ops" and "weed icon" and other stuff in their profile. It's a great indication of a total fucking moron. Hurr durr! Joint Ops! Get it! I LIKE WEED MOTHER FUCKER! DURR DURR DURR!  

All of the above get muted immediately. I have a low tolerance. Swearing is fine (and awesome!), but the first slur, inane conversation, or random fucking noises and I mute.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By TheGreatGuero

People always whine about the little kids, but the real problem is all the 13-25 year old morons/racists/scumbags/losers who don't shut up and scream left and right, cussing up a storm over everything, or just generally be stupid and offensive. I would like to give them all a quick, permanent death for the sake of all mankind. I find little kids can be pretty awesome, unless they start giving into the peer pressure of their older, retarded peers and start trying to act like they do. When that happens, it's just sad, and again, makes me want to dispose of these losers, for good.

H4wkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By H4wkeye

It happened to me yesterday. I was playing Resident Evil 5 co-op and some 10 year old with a squeaky annoying voice joined...he even coughed kinda squeaky. I should also note that he was a complete retard and had no clue to play. I alt+f4'ed :|

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#42  Edited By Yummylee

This perfectionist douche who was complaining of every death he got on Uncharted 2, we were winning too! By an absolute landslide, yet everytime he died he'd do the ole cliche' ''OMG YOU FUCKIN FAAAAAAAAAAGGOOOT!!''. Sounded like a ball-less Hulk.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By ch13696

Most of my experiences were either with people eating, breathing, or playing music on the mic. Other times with Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection  online and people doing disconnects when they know they are losing. Other than that my favorite is when I'm on vent or teamspeak and we use the mic to actually setup tactics and strategies for battlefield or any other FPS's.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morningdrive

the weed kids..ugh..bragging about how they are smoking the best weed at the moment and how high they are 

also yeah the people that play music really loud and think that everyone wants to listen to their terrible music. 

and yes the 12 year old kids spouting nothing but nonsense and making noises over and over again.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By Gunner

when i was playing madden online when i was about 12-13, I got my ass handed to me by this guy and after the game the guy said

douchebag: "You fucking suck, you just do hail marrys and short runs you fucking fag!"  
Me (in high pitched kid voice): "i just got this game last night" 
douchebag: "yeah whatever faggot, you fucking suck and shouldnt play this game ever again"

I exited the game in rage and never picked it up again.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By eclipsesis

people who sing Avenged sevenfold, and people that whistle, i want to kill them all

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Druminator

I disabled voice chat long ago.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I was once called a nigger lover because I had a low score ten seconds into Left 4 Dead versus mode, as infected.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By subject2change

Mic is generally disabled in  Valve games; voice_enable 0 ftw. However in MW2 I haven't really had that bad of a situation yet; I just generally mute if people are loud. However communication is really hard in that game compared to CS or TF2 cause there are way too many spots that someone can be. Can't be like "window" or whatever cause there are 15000 of them on any given map.

Voice is disabled in Fat Princess as well and well I rarely play any other MP games on my PS3 anyway. I just turn on my headset, mute it and ignore it.

roach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By roach

I hate it when some shithole who I haven't muted yet joins the game right before host migration in MW2. Then I'm basically powerless to do anything, but hear them scream into the mic. I've had good experiences with players that had mics in MAG beta. Yeah, cos those few that had them, were the leading guys and they directed the other players. And they were not only essential to win, but also sometimes helpful.