#1 Posted by Schlorgan (214 posts) -

So Bioware announced that Inquisition will now be coming out November 18th and Visceral announced that Battlefield Hardline is now coming out "early 2015." There go my November games. :(

#2 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

How about they never put out Hardline because that game is a mod for BF 4 anyways.

#3 Posted by Giantstalker (1644 posts) -

The Hardline delay doesn't surprise me in the least... I play a ton of Battlefield 4 and even I had no interest at all in it following the beta a month back.

#4 Posted by CorruptedEvil (3161 posts) -

Why is Hardline being delayed? What the hell are they going to do to it to make it actually interesting without just making it a different game?

Sucks that DA:I is delayed though, guess I'll be playing Destiny for an extra month.

#5 Posted by RedRoach (1191 posts) -

I wonder if Hardline was always planned as next year, but EA needed SOMETHING for people to get excited about at E3 this year. I'm excited for DA:O but EA always needed more then that for E3.

Could you imagine that EA press conference without even Hardline?

#6 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

Dragon Age is a little surprising but kind of expected something to change with Hardline after it's reception.

#7 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

As somebody who skipped BF4, I am sort of looking forward to Hardline. Here's hoping the delay does some good for the game.

#8 Posted by Elyhaym (209 posts) -

God damn it :/ And here I was almost done waiting for Dragon Age. That game had better be good!

#9 Posted by EuanDewar (4907 posts) -

Weird about Hardline. Wonder if there'll be two Battlefield games in 2015 now.

The Dragon Age bump aint so bad, a delay of a few weeks isn't enough to give me cause for concern.

#10 Edited by CorruptedEvil (3161 posts) -
@redroach said:

A live pitch of The Saboteur 2

#11 Posted by Flappy (2236 posts) -

If Dragon Age is a better product because of the delay, then I'm cool with it.

#12 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5475 posts) -

Oh thank god. I was about to frown if I saw Inquisition delayed to next year too.

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

I'm bummed that I have to wait longer, but if they need the delay for Dragon Age than I cannot fault them for taking it. I don't think they can afford to fuck this one up if they want that franchise to continue to mean something. Only 6 weeks I suppose.

#14 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5019 posts) -

Weird about Hardline. Wonder if there'll be two Battlefield games in 2015 now.

The Dragon Age bump aint so bad, a delay of a few weeks isn't enough to give me cause for concern.

they said they were not annualizing Battlefield so my guess not,

#15 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6182 posts) -

That's too bad about Dragon Age, but oh well. That's not such a bad delay (if it ships on time then).

#16 Edited by Veektarius (4812 posts) -

They probably really need DA:I to hit hard. Rescheduling for prime holiday season.

#17 Posted by slyspider (1225 posts) -

@redroach said:

A live pitch of The Saboteur 2

Woulda been way better then

#18 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11715 posts) -

Not going to complain about Dragon Age too much, though if Battlefield is going to be delayed, that's EA's ONLY big game this holiday season. Sucks to be them.

#19 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1691 posts) -

@arbitrarywater said:

Not going to complain about Dragon Age too much, though if Battlefield is going to be delayed, that's EA's ONLY big game this holiday season. Sucks to be them.

I wouldn't say Hardline is EA's only big game for the holiday, certainly the biggest, but I think Dragon Age is going to do quite well for them. In this age of Skyrim breaking the 20 million mark and Game of Thrones being the most popular show on TV, a fantasy RPG with elves and dragons isn't the niche product it once was.

#20 Edited by Gnorbooth (284 posts) -

This seems to me like a "welp, if Hardline isn't gonna make 2014, then we better just goose Dragon Age as OUR release for the holidays". Makes sense in that scheme, though I'm legitimately looking forward to it so waiting an extra six weeks is a bit of letdown. Six more weeks to prep that day one DLC amirite!?

#21 Edited by AndrewB (7608 posts) -

I had no idea what the Inquisition release date was in the first place. Combined with the fact that I'm pretty solid on the game being okay, but not what I'd be looking for from the series (oh, and also because games are only ever delayed for ill because they're trying to fit into a specific release slot), I'm pretty much okay with that.

Hardline... yeah... you might as well be telling me Barbie Dream House Party 2 was delayed into 2015, because I just don't play online shooters regardless of their status. Actually, at least the latter would have made for an amusing Quick Look.

#22 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3295 posts) -

Hmmmmm.

Not a good sign for Dragon Age I think. This is a pretty late delay - did the game fail certification? - very likely, if you consider how soon it was to be available, time required before that to manufacture discs and ship to stores and then the time in cert. Can't imagine what else it would be.

Lots of bugs to kill in very little time :S

As for Hardline... What? Too hialrious EA.

#23 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (137 posts) -

This sucks for DA:I but I don't really care for Hardline at all after the beta.