• 81 results
BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

Well, that just happend. Now i'm not against the idea of expanding the universe in non-game form but this seems a bit, odd... And definately not consistant with DAO or even DA2. Is this EA's attempt to appeal to the Japanese? Who knows. All this does is make me scared for the Mass Effect anime that's allegedly being done by the same studio, hopefully Casey Hudson's involvement will ensure it doesnt go this off the rails.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

I watched some of a Moby Dick anime the other day.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By babblinmule

As much as I try to like the dragon age games and various animes, I reeeeeeeeally do not like that art style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Game enthusiasts doing what they do best: getting angry at anything for no reason.

I think we have the worst 'enthusiasts' in the world. Nobody who identifies as someone who likes games appears to like anything related to gaming. They hate everything about this industry, and yet here they are.

I guess I'm QQing but man, I'm just... I'm so sick of the overall attitude. It's just nothing like what I want it to be.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By themangalist

Another Dragon Age II thread with WTF in the title? WTF?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yay. More pointless multimedia tie-ins for a franchise that doesn't need it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Really don't like the art style.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soren

WITH MUSIC BY GACKT

Just give me my Dragon Age Pachinko machine already.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

This counts as an anime? I thought it had to be 2D and stuff.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ramone

That trailer had a lot of swords and blood and Japanese women screaming in it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

ONORE BRAD MADJI!

Weird stuff, not sure if awful. That GACKT guy though, does he just do whatever? He did a couple of Kamen Rider songs for the 10 year anniversary also.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo

As much as I love Japanese takes on American franchises (see Halo and X-men) and as much as I love anime in general, this just looks bad. The animation looks awkward the voice acting sounds atrocious. Not sure what EA or the animation studio were thinking with this project. But whatever, there's an easy solution to my problem...

I just won't watch it.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By webscud

Too bad it's not a Don Bluth project.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I don't like this.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Ghostiet

That chick's screams are the fucking most annoying sound ever. I'm loving it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoOzak

@Brodehouse said:

Game enthusiasts doing what they do best: getting angry at anything for no reason. I think we have the worst 'enthusiasts' in the world. Nobody who identifies as someone who likes games appears to like anything related to gaming. They hate everything about this industry, and yet here they are. I guess I'm QQing but man, I'm just... I'm so sick of the overall attitude. It's just nothing like what I want it to be.

I'm not angry, i'm confused. I think anyone who's attached to a certain franchise be it games, movies, comics etc. has a right to be a bit concearned when they see something they like be turned it on it's head like this. I'm honestly not too offended, it doesnt seem to be tied to the games in any way therefore it isnt going to effect "the canon" but I cant help but feel that this is a huge miss-step on EA's part and they would have been better off doing something that had some relevancy to the DA universe.

...And I personally would really love to see a series based on Mass Effect that took the law seriously. And if this is any indication, that's not going to happen.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ick_bop

@Video_Game_King:

CG's getting bigger in Japan with stuff like Appleseed, Vexille and the upcoming .hack movie. You can tell it's anime because of traditional stiff animation.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deleth

@Brodehouse said:

Game enthusiasts doing what they do best: getting angry at anything for no reason. I think we have the worst 'enthusiasts' in the world. Nobody who identifies as someone who likes games appears to like anything related to gaming. They hate everything about this industry, and yet here they are. I guess I'm QQing but man, I'm just... I'm so sick of the overall attitude. It's just nothing like what I want it to be.

And I am sick of you. Honestly after seeing how you constantly defend Bioware, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 in advance claiming they've got no fault at all and how all those people saying otherwise are wrong it's not really hard to make you out for what you are. A giant Bioware fanboy.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraveToaster

@Irvandus said:

Really don't like the art style.

I agree.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sooty

That art style is horrible. It looks like a really bad Catherine.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By mazik765

@Deleth said:

@Brodehouse said:

And I am sick of you. Honestly after seeing how you constantly defend Bioware, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 in advance claiming they've got no fault at all and how all those people saying otherwise are wrong it's not really hard to make you out for what you are. A giant Bioware fanboy.

I liked how you proved his point in your attempt of trying to flame his point. Good job.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By butano

Art style kinda reminds me of a mix of that Dragon Age Facebook game mixed with Skyward Sword.....kinda weird.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Enigma777

Um... That's not anime...

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By VisariLoyalist

yelling in japanese!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoOzak

@Enigma777 said:

Um... That's not anime...

Anime refers to any kind of Japanese animation, it doesnt have to be hand drawn and even when it is it often includes CG. (see ghost in the shell or ergo proxy)

@rebgav: I agree with you.

But I don't understand your problem with Casey Hudson, unless you're one of those Bioware elitists who think everything they've done post Baldurs Gate 2 is garbage because there arent enough dice rolls.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Enigma777
@BoOzak No it's not. It's why stuff like Advent Children is not considered anime.
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By vaiz

A western property with primarily western fans turned into an anime dubbed in Japanese. This makes sense on every level.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vexxan

Sweet Jebus.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Shady

Wasn't Dragon Age 2 an anime already?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Brodehouse said:

Game enthusiasts doing what they do best: getting angry at anything for no reason.

No Balkan people are the best at that. In any case, don't like it? Don't watch it.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By endaround

EA decided to do a bunch of anime tie ins. Remember the Dante's Inferno anime?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Nux

I guess that looks kinda ok, maybe. But I'm not likeing that art style.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@Enigma777:

Anime = Japanese Animation That's all that means, there's nothing else to it. Appleseed and .hack are not only mad Japanese, but also extremely animated...making them anime.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cloudenvy

@rebgav said:

@endaround said:

Didn't they do two Dead Space cartoons too?

They did!

I watched one of them!

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of japanese animes...

BUT THAT ART STYLE IS SO NOT APPEALING!

And it's GACKT doing the main theme....FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cloudenvy

@rebgav said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@rebgav said:

@endaround said:

Didn't they do two Dead Space cartoons too?

They did!

I watched one of them!

Why?!

Was it bad? It was bad, wasn't it?

It was pretty bad, though not offensively so!

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I would just like to say...DURAGON HUNTAH!

Oh man, this looks terrible, it reminds me of that incredibly bad Dead Space movie(The one with crappy CG parts.) They look similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnzXWSYbns

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Marz

anime is CG?

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By herocide
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Mrsignerman44 said:

I would just like to say...DURAGON HUNTAH!

Oh man, this looks terrible, it reminds me of that incredibly bad Dead Space movie(The one with crappy CG parts.) They look similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnzXWSYbns

To be fair anything sounds terrible in Japanese. Especially the hodge-podge rape of English words. Man.

That said, meh. It's an anime that has no bearing on the games I enjoy. Whatever.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mutha3

@Herocide said:

CG looks like the same style used in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Only, like, 20x uglier in every conceivable way.

Path of Radiance had pretty ugly CG for a lot of parts anyway, but the CG in this anime is something else entirely.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By coakroach

@Brodehouse said:

Bit of an overreaction.

Also that ladies war cry made me lose my shit laughing.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By crusader8463

Looks terrible. Oh well. No matter how hard they may try to destroy this franchise for me they can never take away the first game and the first few novels.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RE_Player1

I don't like the art style but I'm a sucker for anime so I'll try it. I also love Dragon Age. Played Origins and read the first two books. I've been putting off 2 but I might play through it in 2012, hopefully it doesn't completely ruin the franchise for me and just leaves somewhat of a sour taste.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jay444111

@msavo said:

I don't like the art style but I'm a sucker for anime so I'll try it. I also love Dragon Age. Played Origins and read the first two books. I've been putting off 2 but I might play through it in 2012, hopefully it doesn't completely ruin the franchise for me and just leaves somewhat of a sour taste.

It's mainly trolls that like to over hype how bad something is even though it is still quite a good game. Hell, IMO, the story and the gameplay both are better in DA2 than in origins, but with the lack of eviroments and a cliffhanger, I guess that gives enough reason to people to be psychopathic about it. Kinda reminds me of FF13 hate in a lot of ways.

Also, to everyone, I did watch several of these type of EA things, here are my thoughts on the dead space ones.

The first dead space movie is basically a prequel movie involving the ishimura before... well, what happened on it. it was an alright movie, however it seems kinda noncanon due to how large the marker is in the animation compared to the game, and what kind of powers it has.

The second one, while it had HORRID CGI. had a better story to. Seriously, the CG is the only reason it is bad, if they just had a better animation for those scenes, I think the movie would've been way more well received. The story is about a group of people who found a shard of the red marker and what happens on board the ship. as told by each crewmate to a interregation officer. The story is much better than that of the first and is much more canon... just that it has really crappy CGI effects.

Thankfully, DA anime looks MUCH MUCH better than that movie.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1

@Jay444111: I agree about your Dead Space comments. I have consumed everything Dead Space from both games, movies, the book and that iPad game. The only misstep EA has done with that series is, as you said, the horrible CGI and the somewhat inconsistency of that first movie. The games have been great and the book is genuinely interesting, I strongly suggest you read it if your interested in the series.

Also I cannot stress enough how horrible that CGI was. It looked like it fell out of the 90's.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Kazona

I think I've just developed a twitch from hearing that woman scream every few seconds.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has something to do with Blood Mages. Could just be me though...

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Scratch

@BoOzak said:

...the Mass Effect anime that's allegedly being done by the same studio...

Wait, wait, wait...there's ME anime in the works? WTF.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

it seems like a bad one. the art style isn't good.  girls screaming for some reason.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deleth

@mazik765 said:

@Deleth said:

@Brodehouse said:

I liked how you proved his point in your attempt of trying to flame his point. Good job.

I liked how you pulled something out of your, you know where in an attempt to flame me. I can show you several posts of him in about every post against every Bioware thread he noticed. It's always the same pattern. Say people have no indea, flaming them for a bit and then flame some more. And btw, don't I remember you from the Dragon Age/Mass Effect forums, where you did the exact same thing?