Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) 10 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Drake of the Generation (483 votes)

Nathan Drake 16%
John Drake 62%
Drake Sword 14%
Tralse 8%

There can be only one.

Voting closes whenever.

#1 Posted by csl316 (8982 posts) -

Only one of these Drakes gets all the ladies.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

I don't care for John Drake.

#3 Edited by Milkman (17030 posts) -

There's only been 7 votes so far but quite frankly, I'm still disgusted that Nathan Drake is beating John Drake.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22064 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

I don't care for John Drake.

Neither do I to be quite honest... I don't hate the man or anything, but eh, can't say I'm a fan.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4752 posts) -

There is only one answer here, and he drinks Diet Coke.

Also screw the Drake Sword. I hate that stupid blade, all it does is teach people how to play extremely sloppily and miss basic concepts while trivializing a fun section of the game.

#6 Posted by Ironhammer (41 posts) -

Obligatory Dark Souls fan says: Hellkite Drake

#7 Posted by DeadpanCakes (984 posts) -

Only one of these things got me through Dark Souls with my sanity intact. And we all know that's John Drake.

Ladies and Gentleman, put your hands together for John Drake!

#8 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -

Double fisting diet cokes.

#9 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -
#10 Edited by BigJeffrey (5078 posts) -

#11 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

Where is Drake (Canadian Rapper)?

I'm pretty sure he was involved with video games at one point.

#12 Edited by Milkman (17030 posts) -

@animasta said:

Dude loves FIFA.

#13 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -
#14 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@milkman said:

@animasta said:

Dude loves FIFA.

I thought about it, but his connection to video games is tangential at best, and also I super duper don't like his music.

#15 Edited by Abendlaender (2838 posts) -

Well, the Drake Sword is kinda useless later in the game, Nathan Drake is an unsympathetic idiot (I know everybody but me loves him, but you are ALL WRONG. I'm the only one who is right!) and I'm way too super cool for your Tralse Memes.

So John Drake it is. John Drake (the name alone) always sounds to me like a Disney character, don't know why.

#16 Posted by Guesty_01 (375 posts) -

Nathan. Obviously.

#17 Edited by D0tti (786 posts) -

Started from the bottom now we're here.

Also, Nathan Drake is the only answer to this question.

#18 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -
#19 Posted by mosespippy (4286 posts) -

@abendlaender: I'm totally with you on Nathan Drake. He's a piece of shit. And so is the Drake Sword. The Red Dragon from Demon's Souls is the correct answer.

#20 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:.

Also screw the Drake Sword. I hate that stupid blade, all it does is teach people how to play extremely sloppily and miss basic concepts while trivializing a fun section of the game.

I love the Drake Sword precisely for this reason. It requires a pretty shameful act- standing under a bridge, shooting arrows like a coward and trying to hit a tail for kind of a while- and once you have it, you miss out on all sorts of important lessons. By the time its obsolete later in the game, you're fucked.

#21 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@d0tti said:

Started from the bottom now we're here.

Goddamn you.

#22 Edited by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

How can you not vote for a man that basically bleeds diet coke? He is not only a skilled game maker but also a biological marvel.

#23 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -

@daneian: Or, you can get the Drake Sword like a MAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpR64wP5ZI#t=6m18s

#24 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11306 posts) -

Nathan for sure. Nowhere near as much product placement...Well, actually, never mind.

#25 Edited by TheHT (11526 posts) -

Frue damnit!

#26 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -

@daneian: Or, you can get the Drake Sword like a MAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpR64wP5ZI#t=6m18s

That dude is the uber Male. I entrust he with repopulating the world if there's ever a mass extinction.

#27 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

Nolan North

#28 Edited by DeliciousBees (16 posts) -

There are some Year of Drake activities that will continue into 2014, including some of the special products that we've launched (the Men of Game Development calendar), so there will be some products to carry the John Drake banner into the next calendar year

#29 Edited by Familyguy1 (75 posts) -

Pssh. Like this would be a contest. John Drake is the clear winner.

#30 Posted by AMyggen (3341 posts) -

@deliciousbees: Good to head.

Drake performance of the year was obviously John Drake at the GB PAX Panel.

#31 Posted by mosespippy (4286 posts) -

So I guess this is an early indication that John Drake is a heavy favourite to win the next golden duder award.

#32 Posted by Dalai (7042 posts) -

John Drake has an app where you can buy him a Diet Coke. That's all I need to say.

#33 Posted by Trilogy (2675 posts) -

@daneian said:

@tobbrobb said:.

I love the Drake Sword precisely for this reason. It requires a pretty shameful act- standing under a bridge, shooting arrows like a coward and trying to hit a tail for kind of a while- and once you have it, you miss out on all sorts of important lessons. By the time its obsolete later in the game, you're fucked.

Nah, fuck Dark Souls AND it's lessons. The only lessons that game has to teach is of how much of an asshole it is. If you can game it, game it.

#34 Posted by CountBolkonsky (65 posts) -

John Drake without a doubt.

#35 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

Young Money Drake.

#36 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2036 posts) -

John Drake is the Drake of ALL the generations.

#37 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

So I guess this is an early indication that John Drake is a heavy favourite to win the next golden duder award.

Maybe, but I don't think it indicates much of anything, given how the poll options are a fictional person, a real person, a fictional weapon, and a joke answer. Not exactly very related to each other.

It doesn't really say a lot about how John Drake would do against Brad Muir or Johnny V or anything.

#38 Posted by Nux (2383 posts) -

The Drake Sword could kill the other Drakes on this list; just sayin'.

#39 Posted by SunBroZak (1204 posts) -

#40 Posted by Baggykins (839 posts) -

Only one of these can make you question your sexuality, as well as your beverage preferences.

#41 Edited by Brendan (7845 posts) -

John Drake was a thing before this generation so he's disqualified. Nathan Drake it is.

#42 Edited by MrMazz (1023 posts) -

John Drake is eternal and forever he is more than a mere generation. It's kind of not fair

#43 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Which one is Nolan North?

#44 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -