Dream games: What do you want to see coming this generation?

• 50 results
Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

This is just a thread to ask where the fuck Bridge Commander: Kinect edition is. But to give it some value, what games would you want to see this generation? I don't mean rather obvious games like Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls 6 but more obscure like Perfect Dark or Windjammers 2.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Getaway 3

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

SimAnt 2, Banjo-Kazooie Threeie, Sunset Riders 2

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I would love to see a Dynasty Warriors esque game with more depth to the combat and that looked great graphically. And the enemies don't mostly just stand around. If you could have groups of soldiers in formations, flanking, etc going on and have that all look believable, that would be huge. I hope Omega Force steps their game up or someone else does that.

Kingdom Under Fire was always almost that for me but the combat was still rather shallow and I hated their interface and control for the RTS stuff. Also found the setting rather boring (rather go at least more realism than the typical high fantasy stuff).

This new hardware is primed to really up scale of number of characters that you have on screen (as we already can see with Dead Rising 3) so this would make a lot of sense to me.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want is a new F-Zero, with the same quality GX had. That's all I want out of this gen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

An open-world Pong game. You just have to trust me on this one.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a whole book of PS2 era RPGs that I wouldn't mind coming back. Shadow Hearts 4!

For the most part, keep the new stuff coming. It's a new generation, no more games with numbers after the title.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

All I want is a new F-Zero, with the same quality GX had. That's all I want out of this gen.

That would rule. Nintendo is fucking up not doing that.

Another one in a similar vein: a new Jet Moto on PS4. Next gen water!

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jclane

Dawn of War III in the style of the original an its expansions would be pretty dope on some beefed up hardware. TimeSplitters 4 and Dino Crisis 4, even though they don't really belong in this day and age, just because it'd be great just what the hell those games would be like.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

That would rule. Nintendo is fucking up not doing that.

Another one in a similar vein: a new Jet Moto on PS4. Next gen water!

Hell, I'd love to see all the classics remade for the Wii U. F-Zero, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Wave Race, Pokemon Snap, Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini. I don't know what the hell Nintendo's doing, but they'd surely sell a buttload more consoles if they only released those games.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chrissedoff

An open-world cyperpunk video game. It's weird how we haven't had one yet.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An open-world dystopian cyperpunk video game. It's weird how we haven't had one yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 is already being made. It should be out in a couple years.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I want to see BIG games. Like, games with whole universes inside them. I want to fly around in space shooting other ships and stuff, then land on a planet and solve a murder mystery, then take off again to another planet and go play some poker with the Gorblanians.

BIG GAMES.

Or really fast loading ones. Say, like a Superman game where you can take off from Metropolis and fly around the world to a fully rendered Chinese city in like 5 seconds.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the RPGs. ALL OF IT.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A proper Legacy of Kane sequel/reboot

new Dino Crisis. Make it like the first game where it was basically Resident Evil meets Jurassic Park

I want Prey 2 to actually come out

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@missacre said:

Hell, I'd love to see all the classics remade for the Wii U. F-Zero, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Wave Race, Pokemon Snap, Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini. I don't know what the hell Nintendo's doing, but they'd surely sell a buttload more consoles if they only released those games.

I agree. It's nice they are putting some quality out now but they need to step up the rate and get more games out there because they aren't getting third party support. Maybe step that up and get a third party working on one of those franchises or something.

@missacre said:

@chrissedoff said:

An open-world dystopian cyperpunk video game. It's weird how we haven't had one yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 is already being made. It should be out in a couple years.

Yeah. I don't think there could be a better developer working on that, for me, so super excited.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By HH

i just want some more rpgs where i can design my own character.

nothing crazy, nothing fancy, just good old D&D type stuff.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

A new SimAnt built for next-gen systems/high end PCs, and I want all that power going towards AI. I don't want a few hundred ants driving a guy out of his house, I want a black (or red) blanket laying siege to a fucking city.

Loading Video...

ghostchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like Blur 2.

RIP Bizarre Creations

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ArtisanBreads & SunBroZak named the most important ones. A new Jet Moto & War of the Monsters. I would explode. I don't really know much else because I only really got into gaming this gen. I've been playing since probably 3 years old (1995) but I never beat or owned a ton of games for my consoles although I owned a ton of them.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Remakes of the good amiga action games. Oh right! That's already happening! Someone fucked up and put James Pond on the list somehow.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Cause 3, baby.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

A picture perfect zombie survival game.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Mechassault 3

Okay so Titanfall exists, and microsoft now has no reason to make this. Nevertheless, in this world, the data cores allow mechs to be used for sports like snowboarding and base jumping (from space of course). Mechs are no longer allowed to wage war, however as it always goes there's an asshole out there who's built a secret army and invades peaceful planets that either can't or don't want to fight back. Your intergalactic government keeps these invasions under wraps until your home is attacked and the shit hits the fan. You are a professional mech sports star/part-time mechanic and you're tasked with building a mech to fight back the invasion and save your home. You travel space with your rebel buddies visiting your typical ice planet, lava planet, jungle planet, etc. searching for weapons and waging guerrilla warfare. In between missions you travel on a massive ship and can interact with people, do side-missions for them and more. You continue to retro-fit your sports mechs with weapons and build brand new mechs but it's just not enough to fight off the invasion.

And this is the part where the devs shoot themselves in the foot:

You eventually arrive on a planet and find an ancient relic that reveals to you that the ship you've been traveling on is actually a giant ancient Mech and its immense power can be unlocked to fight off the enemy forces.

The final scene has your ship transforming into a giant mech in the middle of space and using its hover jets to fly around and completely wreck every enemy ship in your way. Imagine a giant ass mech in the middle of space ripping apart star destroyer sized ships one after the other.

And of course, as it always goes, your enemy already knows about these ancient space mechs and has one of his own. This is the reason he's been unstoppable, his secret weapon allows him to invade any planet he sees fit. He does this because he wants to find the rest of the ancient mechs and...rule the universe? Who knows?

You take him on as part of the final boss battle, two giant ancient mechs fight it out in the middle of a city and destroy the whole thing, the destruction caused by the mechs exploding after being destroyed is so massive that there is no way anyone on the planet could have survived.

That is unless you played it on the hardest difficulty, where you get a secret post-credits scene that reveals that maybe you survived, and that maybe the enemy isn't done for yet...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@missacre said:

As soon as I saw this thread, F-Zero was the first thing that came to mind. I would also like to see a return of Mario Golf.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

This is just a thread to ask where the fuck Bridge Commander: Kinect edition is. But to give it some value, what games would you want to see this generation? I don't mean rather obvious games like Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls 6 but more obscure like Perfect Dark or Windjammers 2.

Augh! This thread made me remember Bridge Commander, and the Kinect would totally work for it. The fact that this game doesn't exist should be a crime.

Games I'd like to see this generation? I don't know. The world could use another Smuggler's Run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Psychonauts 2!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a Resident Evil reboot and a Metal Gear remake.

I was going to say more Deus Ex, but that got announced a few weeks ago.

An isometric top-down Fallout game like the original Fallout and Fallout 2 would be amazing. Just think of what they could do these days with that kind of game compared to what they could do back in 1997.

A proper and well made Postal game would be interesting. I really liked the stupid/dark/twisted humor of those games. Its like South Park for psychopaths.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyond Good & Evil 2, I think Ubisoft said something was happening with that, but I'm not sure I believe them.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo: Word. Those are all great ideas.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More party-based, classical fantasy, console RPGs.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Something new, I'll know when it if I see it.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

A picture perfect zombie survival game.

Maybe next gen. We've already had WAY more than enough zombie-themed games.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JRPGs that don't suck and do things to restore my faith in the genre. Off the top of my head, I have the most faith in these publishers:

1. ATLUS
  2. Square Enix
  3. Xseed (when they aren't bringing over games of questionable quality)

Other than that, I'd be down for a Dragon's Dogma with better combat and a little more personality. Is Deep Down gonna be any good? Hrm...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@flappy said:

Other than that, I'd be down for a Dragon's Dogma with better combat and a little more personality. Is Deep Down gonna be any good? Hrm...

The more they show of Deep Down the less it is any sort of Dragons Dogma sequel.

Personally I think the combat in Dragon's Dogma is the least of its problems. It just needs to be fleshed out and have a more open world with more stuff to do. They could not touch the combat (I think they should definitely change the classes) and I would be very happy.

Either way, lets just hope it gets some legit sequel because it is for sure deserved.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A survival game that's properly about surviving. Surviving in some forest somewhere, murdering rabbits, shitting in holes, drinking water from rocks.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Perfect Dark is obscure?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Flappy

The more they show of Deep Down the less it is any sort of Dragons Dogma sequel.

Personally I think the combat in Dragon's Dogma is the least of its problems. It just needs to be fleshed out and have a more open world with more stuff to do. They could not touch the combat (I think they should definitely change the classes) and I would be very happy.

Lets just hope it gets some legit sequel because it is for sure deserved.

Fair enough. I'm just hung up on the fact that it does a lot of things right (in regards to combat), but there are little tweaks here and there that would make it more enjoyable. Oh, and I totally want an unarmed class so I can punch things really hard.

I can agree with'chu on everything else. There's a whole lotta raw potential with Dragon's Dogman and it'd be a shame if Capcom fucked it up.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

My dream game is always a massive, mature cyberpunk RPG... luckily that's being made by the Witcher guys, so I'm all set there.

My other dream is a Victorian London supernatural style game. Like an RPG in that setting with horror creatures or whatever.

As for nostalgia, give me a new Secret of Mana in animated style please. Use the power of next-gen to make it look like a living animated film.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@flappy: A monk class would definitely be badass. And I'm sure you're right they could tweak and improve. Part of why I like that game so much is just that its combat blows every other RPGs combat out of the water. I'd just like it to catch up to those other games in RPG-ish areas is all. More focus there the better.

Luckily there was some talk that they are still interested in the franchise and Deep Down was not just where it was going or anything. I'll be on the look out with the rest of the fans of that game, that's for sure.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

New Metroid. What up.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colourful platformers and adventures that make you feel wonderment. Games that make you smile when you think about them in bed later that day. Games that don't feel 'Western' and therefore unimaginitive and shit and are about driving realistic cars that drive like real cars and shooting stream after stream of people you're making angry and who are making you angry. Games like they fucking used to be - only better - that's what I want. Jumping Flash, Ratchet and Clank, Mario, Zelda, Castlevania - only not shit.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• An open world crime game set in the prohibition era ( yes, Boardwalk Empire: the game. )
  • I'm ready for someone to take another stab at a traditional Tony Hawk game.
  • Skate 4
  • A better Hitman game
  • I wish someone could make a good Tenchu game. I guess that would basically be a ninja themed AC game, but without the assassins/templars backstory.
  • Bully 2
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By davidwitten22

There was a thread recently about what series you want to see come back, so I'll just remind everyone that I wanted a REAL Snowboard Kids 3.

But as for games that might ACTUALLY happen, well I'd be pretty excited for another Catherine or another Dishonored. Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice (though I haven't a clue what the fuck is going on in that series anymore). I want another Timesplitters and another Dark Cloud, and if someone was to go out on a limb and bring back Legend of Dragoon I would certainly support that.

Also another Sleeping Dogs game, like an epilogue with a new character who works with Wei or something.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My dream game is always a massive, mature cyberpunk RPG... luckily that's being made by the Witcher guys, so I'm all set there.

My other dream is a Victorian London supernatural style game. Like an RPG in that setting with horror creatures or whatever.

As for nostalgia, give me a new Secret of Mana in animated style please. Use the power of next-gen to make it look like a living animated film.

The Order : 1886 comes pretty close to your second request.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bully 2 and Manhunt 3. I would also like Kingdom Hearts 3 to come out in a somewhat timely manner, or at the very least actuallt be on the PS4/Xone generation (Final Fantasy XIII versus, anyone?)

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@ksaw said:

The Order : 1886 comes pretty close to your second request.

Oh, nice! I hadn't read up on it yet.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By crusader8463

If I can guess what it would be then it's already a let down. I want them to make something that I couldn't have ever imagined instead of just more of the same with a slight twist or small upgrade. I'm tired of that.

That said, a true fully 3D always updating Pokemon MMO would be sweet. Thought that will never happen because Nintendo sucks at that stuff.