• 63 results
getgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By getgaming

So people if you could have your dream job in the gaming industry what would it be ?

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jimi

My dream job wouldn't be in the gaming industry, I would want to be a web developer.

In the games industry I guess designer or concept artist.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Humanity

@Jimi said:

My dream job wouldn't be in the gaming industry, I would want to be a web developer.

In the games industry I guess designer or concept artist.

Thats my choice. Please give it back.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sumbog

I can't draw, writing code sucks, designing could be cool, QA is a shitty job- I would wanna be a CEO of a multi-national conglomerate... Because everything else in the game industry kinda blows.

Edit: My true dream job is to be a Space Pirate.

Duncs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Duncs

I would really like to work on the numbers side of the industry - possibly something like financial strategy / analysis. No idea what kind of work there is like that in the industry or how to get to it, though...

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Buscemi

I would inherit billions from a distant uncle who randomly chose me as his heir, and the job would be spending it all on stupid shit.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

Creative director. That sounds like a whole lot of fun.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

Movie directing or editing. Actually any kind of directing and editing, commercials, TV, movies, web, whatever.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Branthog

@getgaming said:

So people if you could have your dream job in the gaming industry what would it be ?

It wouldn't be in the game industry. I assume that part of the dream means making a lot of money and while some key people make ridiculous bank, most don't. Most are competing with the hordes of other people that want to make a living "having fun". It's kind of like being a starving artist. If everyone could make a fantastic living drawing cartoons singing in a rock band, everyone would be doing it, because it's lots of fun.

I'm already at about 80% of my dream job as it is, but if money weren't an issue (just assuming I was ridiculously wealthy and therefore was less having a gaming job and more doing anything I wanted to in gaming, period) . . . then I would put together a team making the most in-depth MMO that would be expected to last decades. It wouldn't just be "red side versus blue side", but would cater to people wanting to play combat style or people just wanting to run a shop or just about anything else. It'd have a staff of content writers working non-stop and a team constantly working on improving/replacing the engine so that the game was always competitive with other modern games. Then again, I'd probably get really bored of that, too.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Playing striker for Arsenal......

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gabriel

I want to work for Sega and be the one to kill Sonic, cause someone has to.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ketchupp

I would write the zombie dialogue.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sjosz

I pretty much already have my dream job.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BraveToaster

Voice-overs for cartoons.

KaramonD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaramonD

My wife and I went to Ireland last year to visit some of her family. It's so gorgeous there I tried to get her onboard with relocating there for a financial analyst position at Bioware, Ireland. I've got all the XP for the job but it fell flat. Relocating for a dream job is hard with two kids and a mortgage payment...... sigh...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

My personal dream job would be spending all of my money.

...what? You don't think that multi-billionaires don't have trouble finding ways to blow their cash, do you?

Unfortunately, I'm just a lower middle class/working class fellow. Shit.

Anyway, my dream job - as in, an actual job and not one that requires the purchase of multiple 24kt gold shitters - would probably be a games journalist. Not one for something like IGN (are you fucking kidding me?), something more like Giantbomb. That, to me, would be pretty fun. I don't doubt that they have their bad days, but I also don't doubt that this would be a good job.

Or a video game writer for a good game developer, but that's one of those one-in-a-million rockstar-type jobs. The ones that only a select very lucky few manage to get.

@BraveToaster said:

Or that. Yeah, that would be awesome. I would do anime dubs. No real talent even required, just a high cheese threshold.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Branthog

Wait, can I change mine? I want to be the GB in-house fluffer.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By James_ex_machina

Dream job… if I had real musical talent I'd pick singer in band that's hard rock/metal.
Otherwise I don't really care…about work as long as its not boring and I get to fix stuff.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UlquioKani

Creative Director and Lead Programmer, My 1 and half years of A-level programming in Visual basic should come in handy. Also I want to be music picker guy even though I would fuck that up badly.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Hizang

My dream job would have nothing really do to with the gaming industry, I'm skilled in no area of any of it.

I can change nappies hella quick though!

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By jimi

@UlquioKani: It would come in handy if you used it to learn a real language. Also what course did you do? My A-Level computing was 2 years of Java

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By BoG

My dream job isn't in the gaming industry. If I were to choose a job in the industry, I would want to just spit out ideas all day so that coders in slave-like conditions can program my every thought into something awesome.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Brendan

My dream job isn't in the gaming industry.

I would want to own a company that makes something cool. Something like owning a few Jugo Juices in Singapore would be awesome (not as crazy as it sounds). Having the capital to develop a cool product that I'm passionate about would allow me to have the resources to invest in things I care about. People like Bill Gates (and those who have money but are much less rich) invest in things like algae oil that creates oxygen as a part of it's production process. Electric charging stations, Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic, stuff like that would be my dream. I'm not scientist, but it would be cool to support that stuff and still be a part of it somehow using the things I'm good at.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By maginnovision

I already have it. I fix the gaming industries BMW's.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jgf

As I like programming and solving problems, it would naturally be on the game engine side. Cranking out the hottest new game engine together with Carmack as a mentor. That would be so cool :)

But on the other hand. Whenever you turn your hobby into a job, you gonna lose your hobby...

hermberger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hermberger

Whiskey Media Live Audience Laugh Track.

I sit next to everyone during every video and laugh at the funny parts.

Because I'm really good at that.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mahonay

I'd love to be apart of a gaming editorial site, similar to Giant Bomb.

I don't have any particular skills that would make me a prime candidate. Unless someone is in need of an office manager or someone to head company purchasing. Me and my boring office skills.

I have been working in commercial post production for 5 years so I am familiar with professional video editing at least. Also the obligatory "uhhh I know a lot about video games".

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainCody

@Hizang said:

My dream job would have nothing really do to with the gaming industry, I'm skilled in no area of any of it.

You could be the token gay guy! Just stand around and stuff.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By zor

My dream job would be System designer... and it isn't because i think i have good ideas, but more that i just want to play games that i want to play... and it would be great to have some positive influence on a game's development

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By JasonR86

The job where I get payed a lot for sitting on my ass playing games, watching TV and movies, and having copious amounts of sex with beautiful women.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah I dont think Ill ever be happy in the gaming industry... 

If I could become a rapper like J Cole then yes, that would be my dream job

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By nightriff

Dream Job is winning the lottery, getting a nice little place, getting a reliable car, getting a fantastic TV, PC, sound system, etc., pair of golf clubs, and live the rest of my life off the interest. That's my dream job

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Zombie_

Dream job isn't in the gaming industry, but in the comic one. Would live to be a comic writer. Regardless, it'd be nice to be able to help write plots/settings/characters for games.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By retrovirus

Dream game job: creative director. Real life? I would be the research head for a biotechnology corporation.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Animasta

voice actress :3 but part of that dream is making my voice not sound terrible, so there's that

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By benpicko

@Buscemi said:

I would inherit billions from a distant uncle who randomly chose me as his heir, and the job would be spending it all on stupid shit.

I can here to post something just as lazy, but slightly less creative than this. So, I'll just take it as my own.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

My dream job would actually be an author of history books. In the gaming industry, probably writer.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SSully

Just get me a coding job at Valve, Naughty Dog, or Blizzard and I will be a very happy man.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By crusader8463

I like designing games and working on game design docs. That and designing UI's. I picked up the designing UI's thing from college when I got tasked with being the one that had to make the UI for our game and I can never look at a UI without nit picking every aspect of it to all holy hell since then.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#40  Edited By Hector

Movie director. I'd mostly do Sci-Fi movies.

WhyBeAre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WhyBeAre

Super dream, although it will likely sound odd to nearly everyone I would love to work on designing the cores and coverstocks of bowling balls. less dreamy, but still a dream is working on video games but I have so little hope I won't even consider what position I would be best suited for.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Writing for the press in the industry.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By fishmicmuffin  Online

I'd want to be a creative - a Ken Levine or David Jaffe type. No idea if I would be good at it but I think it would be the most enjoyable. 

My dream job outside of the industry would be anything I could do where I would be intellectually challenged every day when I went to work. I also wouldn't want something with insane hours. 

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By Sunjammer

Being a web developer is the last job in the world anyone should want. That's actually on my list of things I will *kill* to never have to go back to.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bwast

I want to be Peter Molyneux's liver spots.

getgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By getgaming

And of course my dream job is to become a Gaming a Jounlist write reviews for gamemaster. And after doing that for a while I would want to get a job at ginx tv reporting and maybe while im there I could teach aoife to finally say owl right. XD

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CptChiken
@Hizang said:

Something to do with cool baby? 

My dream job wouldnt be in the gaming industry,  i would LOVE to be the next David Attenborough. 
Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

My personal dream job would be spending all of my money.

...what? You don't think that multi-billionaires don't have trouble finding ways to blow their cash, do you?

Unfortunately, I'm just a lower middle class/working class fellow. Shit.

Anyway, my dream job - as in, an actual job and not one that requires the purchase of multiple 24kt gold shitters - would probably be a games journalist. Not one for something like IGN (are you fucking kidding me?), something more like Giantbomb. That, to me, would be pretty fun. I don't doubt that they have their bad days, but I also don't doubt that this would be a good job.

Or a video game writer for a good game developer, but that's one of those one-in-a-million rockstar-type jobs. The ones that only a select very lucky few manage to get.

@BraveToaster said:

Or that. Yeah, that would be awesome. I would do anime dubs. No real talent even required, just a high cheese threshold.

Personally, I thought you'd be an alchemist. Shit, the ability to turn shit metal into gold? Maybe not what Ed had on his mind for it, but still...

Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Alexandruxx

Web developer for me.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By inkerman

Yeah I probably wouldn't want to work in the game industry, if I did, it would be as something in creative, probably writing the stories or concepts. I can neither draw nor programme, but I'd love to be able to tell those guys my ideas.