DS games to play while doing otherr stuff.

davebgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By davebgray

I like to do other stuff while I play my Nintendo DS -- watch TV, listen to podcasts, listen to my girlfriend's nagging, etc.  I find games that don't require much attention, without time limits to be best for this.   My previous best is Puzzle Quest, which was perfect for this sort of thing.  Also pretty decent was Picross.  Now that I've beaten both of these games, I've resorted back to solitaire on my phone.

I'm looking to pick up a new game, and I was thinking about either Civilization: Revolution or Final Fantasy 4.  I've never played a Civ game or a FF game in my life, so I don't know much about them.  Can you play them casually while doing other stuff and not really paying attention?

What other games fit these criteria?

--Dave

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By suneku

Final Fantasy 4 requires a reading and paying attention if you don't want to get lost just like most RPGs, I don't think it fits what your looking for. Don't know about Civilization. But a few games I'd recommend would be any Brain Age, Tetris, or new Super Mario Bros

tmlmatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tmlmatus

FFTA, its like playing chess, and every turn, you can look up and do what ever so the game waits for ye.

davebgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By davebgray

What is FFTA?

tmlmatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tmlmatus

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

tmlmatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tmlmatus

its not for everyone tho, some of the gameplay elements are a bit more complicated, if you like strategy games hto you'll love this.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By exfate

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is my current not paying full attention game. The story sequences are few and far between and don't really require much/any attention. If you wanted to you could read all the descriptions of the missions, but really you just have to look at what type it is, how difficult, and where.

Also, Picross DS is a fun puzzle game that would work well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Professor Layton and the Curious Village could fill your needs. You do need to pay attention to the puzzles, but it won't occupy your time like FF IV will.
davebgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By davebgray

I've never played a final fantasy game before, nor any strategy games at all, really.  Do you need to have played prior games in the series?

--Dave

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By exfate

No, Final Fantasy IV, being a main series FF is self contained. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is also self contained (its set in the same world as soe other FFs, but they are not interconnected in any way that matters), although it's not a traditional Final Fantasy - it's a Tactical RPG. Mostly all games in the FF franchise are self contained excluding a few direct spin-offs/sequels here and there.