DS online troubleshooting.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

It's been about six onths since I last played a game online with my DS Lite. Today I go into my Wi-Fi settign and try to connect, A prompt tell me this: "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo Ds. For help, visit support.nintendo.com" everyone knows that Nintendo's support is a relaible as Billy May's ability to whisper. if any else has had and sovled this problem please help a Duder out, I want to play Pokemon. (P.M me if you can)

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Did you get a new modem or something? As far as I know the DS doesn't support all routers so you're out of luck if that's the case.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

do you have a internet key? if it's WPA, it's not supported by the DS. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad

What kind of encryption does your router have? Unfortunately, the DS Lite only supports WEP keys, not WPA. The DSi supports WPA though, I believe. You might be able to try MAC address or something, but I haven't tried it out myself yet.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Belonpopo
@eroticfishcake:
I've have the same modem,b ut we did have some security things done, and I forgot how to acces my modem.
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed
@Belonpopo said:

" @eroticfishcake: I've have the same modem,b ut we did have some security things done, and I forgot how to acces my modem. "

security things? then it's likely that your security key isn't supported by the DS lite.  

you have to change your internet key to WEP through your router (or something) to connect with the DS. it sucks.