#1 Posted by Zrais (148 posts) -

Wife is taking me shipping now and she wants to buy me a game for our anniversary (we are not romantics) can't decide between these two. Loved DS1 and 2..but also really interested in DMC. Need a game with a lot of replay value since I don't tend to buy a lot of games these days. Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

DMC is pretty great.

About replay value well you won't unlock everything in 1 playthrough. Enemy composition changes at higher difficulties so there's that too.

#3 Posted by Undeadpool (5002 posts) -

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

#4 Posted by FierceDeity (358 posts) -

Your wife is taking you shipping? You're a very lucky man. I wish my wife took me shipping!

#5 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

I vote DmC.

Pretty simple reasoning. I enjoyed DS1 and 2, have no interest in playing 3 after everything I've heard about it. I did not enjoy old DMC (or even the genre in general), but I enjoyed the new one.

As far as replay value, my brother played through the game on every difficulty but the easiest and enjoyed every minute. I would have done the same but then got side tracked by some other stuff.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15180 posts) -

I liked Dmc a lot. Have 83 hours in myself.

#7 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Seeing as no one has played DS3 above my post, I'll let you know in a few hours after I've played some coop with a friend of mine to get some first hand feedback

#8 Edited by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

DS3 seems great of what I played so far , but DmC is amazing . Both seem to have a lot of replay value .

Get DmC .

#9 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

I'd go with DMC but I've only played the demo of DS3 so i'm slightly biased.

#10 Posted by Quarters (1885 posts) -

Both are great. DmC probably needs the sales more, though, so I'm biased towards that. But in terms of replay value, they both have stuff to offer. Both have New Game +, so to speak, and allow you to play on increasingly higher difficulties.

#11 Posted by Zrais (148 posts) -
@FierceDeity lol stupid phone.
#12 Posted by Milkman (17342 posts) -

DmC, by far.

#13 Edited by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Fuck that! The eye candy is Vergil.

Get DmC!

#14 Posted by deox (229 posts) -

I haven't played Dead Space 3 yet, but I have played DmC and it is a great game. I'm on my third playthrough and still having a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

#15 Posted by Undeadpool (5002 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Fuck that! The eye candy is Vergil.

Get DmC!

All depends on her type, duder!

#16 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Is this an implication that Trish is embarrassing in some way?

#17 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2620 posts) -

Like every EA game Dead Space 3 will be like $30 by the summer so I'd say wait on that. Can't speak on DmC.

#18 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

Finished DS 3 and played a small bit of DMC and I agree with the majority on DMC.

#19 Edited by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

@ESREVER said:

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Fuck that! The eye candy is Vergil.

Get DmC!

All depends on her type, duder!

Dante may be stronger and better looking but don't forget that Vergil has a

#20 Posted by Sackmanjones (4762 posts) -

I really enjoyed DMC. With that said, so far I've been loving Dead Space 3 also. They are totally different games do I guess it just depends on how you're feeling at the time.

#21 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

DmC

#22 Posted by fatalbanana (212 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

@Undeadpool said:

@ESREVER said:

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Fuck that! The eye candy is Vergil.

Get DmC!

All depends on her type, duder!

Dante may be stronger and better looking but don't forget that Vergil has a bigger dick!

Spoilers! :D

#23 Posted by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

@fatalbanana: It's fixed! Now fix your quote too!

#24 Posted by The_Nubster (2361 posts) -

I haven't played DMC, so feel free to disregard my vote, but I can absolutely vouch for how mind-blowingly fun DMC is. There's also a lot of replay value in the form of remixed difficulties and all that, but DS3 has those as well. I guess it all depends if you're looking for a co-op shooter or a hack 'n' slash-type game.

#25 Posted by Undeadpool (5002 posts) -

@fatalbanana said:

@Pr1mus said:

@Undeadpool said:

@ESREVER said:

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Fuck that! The eye candy is Vergil.

Get DmC!

All depends on her type, duder!

Dante may be stronger and better looking but don't forget that Vergil has a bigger dick!

Spoilers! :D

Actually made me HAW!!

#26 Edited by Undeadpool (5002 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Undeadpool said:

I have had an absolute BLAST with DmC. Best part: it's got a female character you won't be embarrassed to be seen by your wife (pardon the English there) and even a little eye-candy for her in the form of Dante.

Is this an implication that Trish is embarrassing in some way?

Noooo, she was far too absent from the originals to have been anything like that. It's actually a reference to how MANY female characters in games are embarrassing (I had to explain to my fiancee that no, not every woman in Mortal Kombat is a Renn Faire prostitute, for instance...except for Sonya, who I had to explain isn't a drill sergeant pornstar).

#27 Posted by UlquioKani (1204 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption - It's basically a combination of the 2. On topic: Go with the new experience over something you've already played. You can always pick up DS3 later.

#28 Edited by GTCknight (705 posts) -

I vote for DmC I've been having an amazing time with it. I'm currently trying to find all the side stuff before I move on to the higher difficulties.

DmC is now one of my favorite games this gen.

#29 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6165 posts) -

It took a really long time to figure out what DS3 meant

#30 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Having played both, i would recommend DmC hands down, not only is it a wild ride, but Dead Space 3 is lulling me into sleep from time to time (and i likewise loved the first two DS games). Also if you want replayability to sink your teeth into then again DmC comes out far ahead due to many difficulties actually changing things up and making you step up your game every time by a significant margin.