#1 Posted by Nags (176 posts) -

It still comes up as a generic controller so things like sixaxis and rumble don't work.

How to use your DS4 wireless on PS3:

1. Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  2. Go to Accessory settings.
  3. Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and start scanning for device.
  4. Unplug DS4
  5. While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  6. When the light flashes quickly on DS4 plug back in and select Wireless Controller.
  7. Let registration complete and then unplug.

Enjoy!

#2 Posted by xyzygy (10590 posts) -

Does this have to be repeated every time you turn off the console or use the controller for something else?

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (4089 posts) -

Thanks I'll have to try this later. Both my DualShock 3's are busted making my PS3 useless so if I can use my PS4 remote for it that would be great.

#4 Edited by Nags (176 posts) -

@xyzygy: No. Once it is paired to you console there is no need to connect each time.

But yes, if you use the controller for something else you will have to pair it back up with the system. Which is totally normal.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (10590 posts) -

@nags: Awesome, I might have to go pick one up as I vastly prefer it over the old DS design. I don't care about rumble and sixaxis was used in... how many games? Haha.

#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6236 posts) -

That's seriously awesome duder. It actually makes me want to hook my Ps3 back up and play some stuff I've been meaning to back to. Thanks for the heads up!

#7 Posted by Nags (176 posts) -

@xyzygy: Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and Flower are the only games I can think of that actually required sixaxis for certain functions. Pretty sure anything else that supported it was a completely optional feature.

#8 Posted by Korwin (3298 posts) -

Maybe they should stop putting time into making it work on the ps3 and do an official driver for PC instead...

#9 Edited by Nags (176 posts) -

@korwin: At least you can use it wireless on PC with a workaround. Too bad MS decided not to go with bluetooth for xb1 controller :/

I really hope Sony does official drivers but it seems pretty unlikely considering they never did it for the DS3.

#10 Posted by RonGalaxy (3494 posts) -

@nags said:

@xyzygy: Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 and Flower are the only games I can think of that actually required sixaxis for certain functions. Pretty sure anything else that supported it was a completely optional feature.

Last of Us uses it to recharge the flashlight, but I don't recall if that was something you could turn off or not