#1 Posted by MatPaget (1112 posts) -

Hey, guys! So, I recently played through Syndicate, and have seen a bit of Forza Horzion, and I was wondering what other videogames have dubstep in them? It seems to be a fairly recent trend, and it would be interesting to see exactly how many games have this crazy noise stuff music thing.

I heard something about dubstep in SSX? Anything else?

#2 Posted by eskimo (481 posts) -

RIIIIIIDGE RACEEEERRRR

ITS RIDGE RACER!

#3 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

The new DmC has dubstep in the boss fight I played in the demo.

#4 Posted by musclerider (594 posts) -

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record blasts dubstep for the entire duration of the last bossfight.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has some stages with it.

#5 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Borderlands 2. Aside from the game's soundtrack spastically hitting up some drops, the Arena fights have a pretty damn good song that sounds more like a house tune but it's still got enough wub wub for all of us to enjoy.

#6 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

I absolutely hate dubstep in video games...I hate dubstep in anything really.... Which is why I'm glad Madden 13 pretty much shipped without a soundtrack because otherwise they would've put dubstep on there and I would've drop kicked my Xbox.

But yeah, even one of the multiplayer maps on Black Ops II (the one with the little night club) had dubstep in it when you walk through it...Not cool....I just want to throw a grenade at my feet and die every time I walk near that part of the map.

It annoyed me in Forza Horizon so I just turn the radio off and play my own music. I don't think Halo 4 has any dubstep (that I've encountered yet) so that's a relief. Nothing else I play really has it...Well I think MLB 2k12 does and maybe a little in FIFA 12.

#7 Posted by JCTango (1366 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Borderlands 2. Aside from the game's soundtrack spastically hitting up some drops, the Arena fights have a pretty damn good song that sounds more like a house tune but it's still got enough wub wub for all of us to enjoy.

borderlands 2 wildlife preserve soundtrack is so chill and awesome... especially when action heats up. Here take a listen.

#8 Posted by EVO (3940 posts) -

Fuck dubstep.

#9 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

@EVO said:

Fuck dubstep.

Right?

I also hate the stupid epic commercials nowadays because all you hear is

WUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUB>>> BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

*something epic happens*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

#10 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (850 posts) -

@EVO said:

Fuck dubstep.
#11 Posted by Sgtpierceface (643 posts) -

Dubstep is fine in certain cases. For example, the Borderlands 2 trailer was done really well and the song fit perfectly.

#12 Posted by believer258 (12176 posts) -

Eh, it's not a genre of music I like but given the right aesthetic and circumstances its presence can be pretty cool as long as it isn't overused. Syndicate did it pretty well, there's not a whole lot of dubstep in there.

Note that electronic music =/= dubstep.

#13 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -
#14 Posted by Nightriff (5325 posts) -

I don't have a problem with dubstep when it is used properly. Trackmania 2 got it right.

#15 Posted by Spuirrel (88 posts) -

Saints Row: The Third has a bit, SSX is fairly light on Dubstep and if you know where to go then the Mania planet can serve you well.

The large majority of people who hate Dubstep seem to think that anything with wobble bass or a drop is Dubstep, intolerant fools!

#16 Edited by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I don't have a problem with dubstep in real life. It's good for the gym or for running. Its use in games is getting a wee bit tiresome though.

#17 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

It'd be easier to name games from 2012 that didn't have dubstep.

Don't get me wrong, I like some dubstep. I just like the more old-school stuff that has more space and depth and isn't Skrillex.

When done right, it's actually a nice addition to a game. Not all the time, but it's something that works well in cutting together certain scenes and trying to give the player a real sense of "bad-ass", for example. In small, well-done, doses.

But most of the time it's just annoying, over-done, and just there because it's the "hip-thing for today".

#18 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

Black Ops II has it in quite a few places.

#19 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I can't really think of any recent games I've played where Dubstep was in it only to be done to death because "hey, the kids who ask their parents for everything likes that type of "music" so let's put it in our game so their parents will buy it! yay!!"  

I don't mind it much if it's just a little of it here and there and it doesn't overstay it's welcome. 
Luckily for me the games that had a lot of that sort of noise also had a volume slider for music. Solves all the problems I have with dubstep

#20 Posted by Aetheldod (3706 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@EVO said:

Fuck dubstep.
#21 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

I absolutely hate dubstep in video games...I hate dubstep in anything really.... Which is why I'm glad Madden 13 pretty much shipped without a soundtrack because otherwise they would've put dubstep on there and I would've drop kicked my Xbox.

I'm ok with it, only because I assume all dubstep is included ironically. I know that isn't really the case, but I just choose to believe it anyway