Dungeons and Dragons help with the classic game.

GrimCrossFade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By GrimCrossFade

Okay so me and my friends really want to play a classic game of dungeons and dragons but we are unsure of what we need and how to set up any of the game so any hep or understanding of the game is much appreciated.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai
leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By leeto

I don't know if they still sell it but there was a starter pack that comes with the basics you need without buying the giant Dungeon Master guide, Player Handbook, etc. It's a good way to see if this is something you guys wanna invest time and money in

GrimCrossFade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GrimCrossFade

Thanks very much!

GrimCrossFade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GrimCrossFade

The one website was a little overwhelming, so I'm just curious, would I just buy that starter pack and would be able to play? Or would I need anything else?

leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By leeto
@GrimCrossFade:
when I bought the starterpack it came with basically mini versions of the monster's book, player handbook, and DM guide, some quest ideas and outlines to get you started, a dungeon map with unit markers, character sheets and pre-made character sheets for some sample characters you can play with before making your own, and some dice.

So yeah, if you can find it you can basically play out of the box :)

I got mine at Game Daze
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ninjakiller

You need a copy of the player's handbook, the dungeon master's guide, and the monster manual.  Read the player's handbook first, then the Dungeon master's guide.  The monster manual is for when you actually start playing. 

Send me a pm, I have the dnd player's handbook and dm guide in pdf and will gladly mail you copies of them.  That way you're not out the 30 bucks for the used books.  DnD can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you learn and understand the system it's cake.  There's the player's character sheet in the book of the player's handbook that you can copy to start out.